New Skidrow stuff finally here [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: New Skidrow stuff finally here

Dustoff '68
07-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Since our resident jarhead is sleeping on his watch, I'll post these new products from Skidrow that are finally for sale....

I like the cannister skid....prefer that to moving the cannister itself.;)

I hope they get a new color JK to modek their products...that :puke::puke::puke: green has GOT to go....:thefinger::beer:

mcnaught6
08-21-2008, 09:49 PM
are these available yet?

i don't want to place an order for something that is months out...

henthorn
08-25-2008, 05:10 PM
I hope they get a new color JK to modek their products...that :puke::puke::puke: green has GOT to go....:thefinger::beer:

Yeah.. I hear they have a new barbie pink one coming out just for you :D :thefinger:

Dustoff '68
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah.. I hear they have a new barbie pink one coming out just for you :D :thefinger:

or maybe lavender...goes well with my cufflinks:thefinger::thefinger::beer:

mcnaught6
08-25-2008, 09:01 PM
i sent them an e-mail about a week ago asking if the evap canister skid plate was shipping yet, but they haven't returned the message.

i guess they don't want to sell them too badly.

Dustoff '68
08-26-2008, 02:46 AM
They are available now mcnaught...just give them a call: 717-582-3640.

mcnaught6
08-27-2008, 08:10 AM
called them up....they said they have 7 of these on the shelf ready to ship (well, 6 now). mine should be here in two days.

i had to go the route of skid-plating mine in its factory location, because my lift kit doesn't allow room for the canister to be moved above the axle.

Big A
08-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Drop and give me 20 Dusty!

You didnt provide the link to we can order! :thefinger:

Thanks for sharing, Order coming soon for the evap skid...:beer:

http://www.skidplates.com/Products_JK.asp
http://www.skidplates.com/Images/JK/JP-5007_Parts.jpg

Big A
08-28-2008, 05:50 AM
Order placed yesterday afternoon!

They said there is several ready to go, And the problem was at the powdercoating facility... But they are on top of it.

My Jeep is going to weigh more than an H-1 by the time i am done! :bawling:

afoulk
08-28-2008, 08:25 PM
placed my order for the EVAP skid online tonight.

mcnaught6
08-30-2008, 01:55 PM
received the evap can skid three days after i ordered it (yesterday) installed it tonight.

looks like it should do its job well.

easy to install - only took about 15 minutes. only hitch was that the spacer washer they provided was too thick, and made the rear brace be un-level (is that a word?) anyway, i had a few thinner washers laying around the garage, so i used those instead and it lined up perfectly.

mcnaught6
08-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Order placed yesterday afternoon!

They said there is several ready to go, And the problem was at the powdercoating facility... But they are on top of it.

My Jeep is going to weigh more than an H-1 by the time i am done! :bawling:

hell, with all those skidplates, bumpers and powerplant, i'd think it would pretty much eliminate the 2" lift you got with your BB:lol: time for more lift and bigger tires or else you might start scraping up those skidplates going over speed bumps!!!:D

Big A
08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
hell, with all those skidplates, bumpers and powerplant, i'd think it would pretty much eliminate the 2" lift you got with your BB:lol: time for more lift and bigger tires or else you might start scraping up those skidplates going over speed bumps!!!:D
Silence... i keel You! :D

This is all part of the master plan... I want to get all the heavy items installed first, Then match it up with the correct suspension the first time. I really hate doing things twice, And paying for it twice... If that makes sense! LOL

My next adventure is the Poly 3"... It'll be awhile though... My Credit Card is about to have a nuclear reaction to my spending lately! :D

Just Empty Every Pocket :laughing:

Dustoff '68
08-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Hmmmm...I see some have wised up...relocating the evap cannister is not your only option.

mcnaught6
08-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Hmmmm...I see some have wised up...relocating the evap cannister is not your only option.

no, i liked the relocation option better, but with my lift, i can't relocate it.

Dustoff '68
09-01-2008, 05:00 PM
sure Captain mc....sure........:thefinger::beer:

mcnaught6
09-01-2008, 07:26 PM
i will never admit that i did something you advised....at least not without several of these =>:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

afoulk
09-02-2008, 05:19 PM
got mine today, hopefully will get it on this weekend, along with my tranny cooler.

afoulk
09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
well, I couldn't wait, I installed my evap skid tonight. Man that was easy! My only complaint is I don't like how close the rear bracket is to vent hose running from the gas tank fill neck, down to the evap canister. I'll have to keep my eye on it to make sure it doesn't rub through. I like the piece of mind I have now though when I'm in the rough stuff.