tennesse? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: tennesse?

PO'BOY
04-10-2010, 04:59 AM
lookin for folks in east tenn. around the knoxville area to go wheelin with. any takers.

sayers316
04-19-2010, 11:36 AM
lookin for folks in east tenn. around the knoxville area to go wheelin with. any takers.

Whoa! A local, Man I live IN Knoxville, down west actually

ripsnort88
04-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm in! I'm always looking for someone to go wheelin' with. I'll be up at Royal Blue this Saturday morning.

sayers316
04-22-2010, 05:41 AM
You goin up there with the Knox Wrangler club?

ripsnort88
04-22-2010, 09:25 PM
no. never met any of them. i'm hoping to run into them up there and see what they're all about. i have a few preconceived notions about them so it would be cool to meet them on the trail. the calender doesn't seem to be specific on a meeting destination or time so i'm not even sure when they'll be up there.

PO'BOY
04-27-2010, 12:12 PM
sorry guys it sounds like a blast and i would love to bring the family along for the day but i am in iraq till prob late summer early fall of this year. im on this site almost everyday lookin around. post some pics i would love to see some color other than tan. at least when i get back the fall colors should be poppin up all over and a trip through the mountains would be nice.
:usa:

sayers316
04-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Having a nice get together, trail ride, then party on May 8th for the locals (jeep get together!) :bounce::beer::bounce:

thecarters91303
04-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Royal blue was cancelled due to storms. I have met with the club since the beginning and you have to take it for what it is. Most of them are just getting together for the social aspect of it. Some really good people are a part of it and it is still a great way to meet people who actually do want to go offroad. Anyone who is interested and in the area come out to the socials and see what you think. We meet the second wednesday of the month, currently at Wild Wings.

thecarters91303
04-28-2010, 08:02 AM
PO'BOY, stay safe over there and give me a ring when you get back. It is always good to meet fellow Jeepers.

rooster
04-28-2010, 08:28 AM
I saw a lot of nice Jeeps on my last trip up there for the Bristol race. Im from Kingsport/Tri-Cities and Nashville. Wish you guys were coming down for Jeep Beach. It would be nice to meet some guys from my neck of the woods.

PO'BOY
04-29-2010, 01:06 PM
PO'BOY, stay safe over there and give me a ring when you get back. It is always good to meet fellow Jeepers.
thanks i will do my best.

ripsnort88
04-29-2010, 02:19 PM
sorry guys it sounds like a blast and i would love to bring the family along for the day but i am in iraq till prob late summer early fall of this year. im on this site almost everyday lookin around. post some pics i would love to see some color other than tan. at least when i get back the fall colors should be poppin up all over and a trip through the mountains would be nice.
:usa:

I hope these work for you. When you get back we'll hit some trails, cook some food and have a few cold ones. Be safe!

PO'BOY
05-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I hope these work for you. When you get back we'll hit some trails, cook some food and have a few cold ones. Be safe!
looks freakin' amazing. cant wait to get there. its crazy that i have lived in east tn most of my life and never been to royal blue. always heard people talk about it but never been. i see now i have been missin out. thanks for postin the pics. they are nice little motivator's to get back.

tangojr
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm from Knoxville but I'm working for a contractor in Gitmo now. Used to ride my ATV (Grizzly) up at Royal Blue a lot.Theres a coal mine/OHV area by Oliver Springs that has some trails. Coal Creek. You guys should check it out!
http://www.atvtrails.org/Coal_Creek.html

jtrain
06-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Chiming in. Got a JK on 37s and hang out with Atomic City mostly. Run a small shop out of the house and live in Ftn City. I'd like to wheel with some fellow JK once in a while.

sayers316
06-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Chiming in. Got a JK on 37s and hang out with Atomic City mostly. Run a small shop out of the house and live in Ftn City. I'd like to wheel with some fellow JK once in a while.

Ill chime in on this. I grew up in Powell and played baseball out in Halls and Ft. City, spent alot of time around there too (that's where my best friend lived growing up). I live out west behind the mall now. Dnt really get to hang with many fellow jeepers...:shaking:

flip2spin
06-16-2010, 07:16 PM
pigeon forge here im up for wheelin

ripsnort88
06-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Who's up for a wheelin' get together in the Windrock or Royal Blue area on July 3, 2010? I'll have my 35" MTR/Kevlars on by then and i'm already itchin' to try them out. Doesn't have to be just jeeps.

PO'BOY
06-22-2010, 12:42 PM
sounds like fun i am planning on trying to get hooked up with a few guys i am deployed with around the middle of august i will send out an invite to maybe meet some other jker's that live around town. who knows it may turn into a monthly thing. :usa:

PO'BOY
07-23-2010, 07:05 AM
alright guys i know i have said that when i get back i am wanting to get together with some fellow jeepers and go wheelin. that being said i would like to go either the 14th or 21st of august. that is a saturday and i will be home by then. i would like to check out royal blue but dont know where it is exactly. that is kinda sad being how i have lived in east tn most of my life. enough on that. just lookin to try and plan somethings a little ahead of time. i will be bringing the wife and kids along so that is the reason for the saturdays. i am pretty flexible when it comes to scheduling the month of august so let me know what you think.:bounce:

superstroked
07-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey guys im coming up there to send a week in Gatlinburg july 31 - August 8 and am planing on going to windrock during that week any of you wheel during the week?

Cod
07-27-2010, 06:48 PM
In the Bristol / Johnson City / Kingsport area..... actually live in Elizabethton :beer:

lowNslow
08-03-2010, 07:03 AM
hey COD.. we need to meet up and ride some..

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/lowNslow_2007/jeep35s001-2-1.jpg