Carnegie Sat 10 Apr??? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Carnegie Sat 10 Apr???

09rubicon
04-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Anyone interested? I don't have the time to go to Holister or anywhere else big so it looks like local this weekend. I will probably be there around 1000hrs if anyone is interested.

Eugene
04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Love to but haven't fied the rubbing on my Anti-Rocks yet. Was planning on doing this weekend. I'll try again in a week or two. Also I'll need to get some info on your axle guy. Fixing up my XJ soon.

09rubicon
04-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Just let me know or shoot me a pm when you need the axle info. If you can make it out feel free.

cruzcode
04-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I'll be headed out to Carnegie on Saturday, April 17th for some testing. I want to give my RROR skid plate system a run on the rock climb, and practice airing down with my new OBA.

Let me know if you're game...

RC

09rubicon
04-11-2010, 11:08 PM
I'll be headed out to Carnegie on Saturday, April 17th for some testing. I want to give my RROR skid plate system a run on the rock climb, and practice airing down with my new OBA.

Let me know if you're game...

RC

Should be able to come play. Hopefully I will have my powertank by then and we can both see how they work.

cruzcode
04-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Should be able to come play. Hopefully I will have my powertank by then and we can both see how they work.

Sweet!!! :D

RC

cruzcode
04-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Hey everyone, I'm headed up around 11:30 a.m. to Carnegie if anyone wants to connect...

Hope to see you!

RC

cruzcode
04-18-2010, 12:26 AM
It was great to meet all of you Brian, Scott, (and your families) today! Brian, thanks for coming out to tune the CB. I appreciate the gesture! I'm also glad that Alan came out, so we could meet him as well. Alan, I hope you're out there, so if you are, chime in.

Here was the video footage of my unlocked rig getting up the rocks. Heck, ARB should pay me for the footage, to use this is an example of why you DO NEED lockers for wheeling! I can't wait to get some one day!

YouTube - Dirty RC Rock Climb.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3sc8MQQ_00)

Stay in touch, and let's get a real run together in the near future!

RC

rubirobv
04-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Cruzcode, Thanks for the invite. I would have liked to have met you all out there. Nice job getting up the "Rock Climb" without lockers. It's tougher than it looks. There's some fun stuff in the creek bed too. Is the creek bed still accessable?

I would have liked to have seen Brian's new setup as well. Did you get the issue with the Antirocks worked out? I think you're going to be unstopable this year.

geekguy
04-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Good meeting you guys, had a good time and learned a few things. Thanks for helping me out and showing the ropes. As we were leaving I heard a clicking sound under the jeep so I stopped to find out what it was and found that the boot on the front ds was torn. How long do you think I could drive it like this? Again, thanks for the help.

rubirobv
04-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Good meeting you guys, had a good time and learned a few things. Thanks for helping me out and showing the ropes. As we were leaving I heard a clicking sound under the jeep so I stopped to find out what it was and found that the boot on the front ds was torn. How long do you think I could drive it like this? Again, thanks for the help.

Read through these threads. They should answer your question and then some. I still have my stock drive shafts, if it comes to that. Hope this helps.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/search.php?searchid=900052 (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/search.php?searchid=900052)

cruzcode
04-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Cruzcode, Thanks for the invite. I would have liked to have met you all out there. Nice job getting up the "Rock Climb" without lockers. It's tougher than it looks. There's some fun stuff in the creek bed too. Is the creek bed still accessable?

I would have liked to have seen Brian's new setup as well. Did you get the issue with the Antirocks worked out? I think you're going to be unstopable this year.

Rob,

Too bad you couldn't make it, so hopefully you can next time. We all agreed to get these going, and keep them going. Brian said something about the beer being on you, since you couldn't make it this time? :beer:

Thanks on the kudos, on the climb I'll take em! Alan (GeekGuy) and Scott (09Rubicon) crawled up the rocks like a dream with those lockers, in about half the time! It took a good spotter (Scott), a lot of pedal action, and some "bumping", and some nice assistance from my new RROR skid plate setup--they rocked!

Scott and Alan did some gnarly dips into the mud pit; but they prevailed!

Creek bed is not available. I asked about it at the gate, and he said that they're "rebuilding" it. Not quite sure how you go about doing that, but I'm sure it's involved and time consuming.

We definitely wanted to see Brian do some wheeling, but the Anti-Rocks did not allow. Next time, perhaps!

RC :D

cruzcode
04-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Oh, and here is the final score:

Lockers 3 -- Unlocked 0

RC

toadontheroad
04-19-2010, 10:26 AM
HA! a week late and a dollar short. I should try logging in more often so I see what's up. I need to head out there, too. If you decide to make a PM list for the next run put me on it.

geekguy
04-19-2010, 11:31 AM
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx260/aquinoalan/Carnegie/IMG_1545.jpg
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx260/aquinoalan/Carnegie/IMG_1552.jpg
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx260/aquinoalan/Carnegie/IMG_1669.jpg
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx260/aquinoalan/Carnegie/IMG_1544.jpg

Marcy
04-19-2010, 02:05 PM
cruzcode thank you for the invite, I'm really sad I couln't make it. I would love to go next time and meet everyone :beer:

cruzcode
04-20-2010, 12:06 AM
HA! a week late and a dollar short. I should try logging in more often so I see what's up. I need to head out there, too. If you decide to make a PM list for the next run put me on it.

cruzcode thank you for the invite, I'm really sad I couln't make it. I would love to go next time and meet everyone :beer:

ToadontheRoad & Marcy,

Absolutely. I think everyone would have a great time. Also, get togethers do not necessarily have to relegated to wheelin', as I am down to get together for "wrench time" if anyone needs it.

Scott,

I still love that rig, and thanks again for the solid spotting!

Brian,

I have RCV envy!

Dirty-RC

09rubicon
04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
ToadontheRoad & Marcy,

Absolutely. I think everyone would have a great time. Also, get togethers do not necessarily have to relegated to wheelin', as I am down to get together for "wrench time" if anyone needs it.

Scott,

I still love that rig, and thanks again for the solid spotting!

Brian,

I have RCV envy!

Dirty-RC

Thanks, I noticed I bashed up my EVAP canister a little this last outing, no major damage just some scratches.........and you will never guess what showed up from the brown santa yesterday!?! My EVAP skid courtesy of PSC!

Now should I clean my JK before installing this ( I have been bad, I still havent washed it)?