Adaptive Combat Rifle [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Adaptive Combat Rifle

H3ATH3N
04-04-2010, 06:56 PM
http://www.bushmaster.com/acr/#/intro

Good? Bad? Pricey!

e-jeep
04-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Bushmaster makes a good carbine ...but IMO you can't go wrong with Rock River or Stoner.

rob4607
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Sabre defence is what I've been looking into as far as entry/lower price but high quality. It's hard to wrong with any of the major brands.

d'sjk
04-04-2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.bushmaster.com/acr/#/intro

Good? Bad? Pricey!

being from FL you should know these guys but if you don't make it to Jeep beach of Jeep and truckfest in Orlando in Aug. and you will get to meet some of them. http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php

Squirrel Killer
04-05-2010, 05:59 AM
Nice rifle. I have seen this thing in action and must say that if I were going to drop $2700+ on a modular rifle, this one would be at the top of the list. The cycle of operations is smooth and precise and the feel and accuracy are second to none. That being said, too much for my blood especially since the S&W or SASS are available for almost $1k less. That is alot of extra $Cha CHing$ for rifle accessories. :) :beer:

Broncojohn
04-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Wow, that is alot of money for a short rifle. I guess they bring that these days. I'd pick up a nice M1A and buy some Jeep mods but I'm old school.:beer:

H3ATH3N
04-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. I don't know a lot about assault rifles, but I do know I want one. Of course the AR is less expensive in most cases, but I want to buy something I can get some use out of and not want to replace in a few years. The ACR seems to be the bleeding edge in the field, and it seems to have dealt with most of the issues people have with the AR platform. Anyway... :beer:

H8T2W8T
04-06-2010, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. I don't know a lot about assault rifles, but I do know I want one. Of course the AR is less expensive in most cases, but I want to buy something I can get some use out of and not want to replace in a few years. The ACR seems to be the bleeding edge in the field, and it seems to have dealt with most of the issues people have with the AR platform. Anyway... :beer:

No need to worry about an AR/M series rifle going obsolete. In a way, they are modular. You will never run out of new parts or accessories for them.

TCOTTON
04-06-2010, 08:47 PM
If you've got the 2700 and can actually find one I'd snatch this baby up. When the Fn Scars hit the civilian market they were going for as much as
10K on gunbroker, talk about having disposable income:D. Remember the ACR was initially developed by Magpul, and these guys seem to be allergic to doing anything wrong. Good luck.

H3ATH3N
04-06-2010, 11:05 PM
No need to worry about an AR/M series rifle going obsolete. In a way, they are modular. You will never run out of new parts or accessories for them.

Yeah. Like the endless string of things I keep adding to the Jeep.

If you've got the 2700 and can actually find one I'd snatch this baby up. When the Fn Scars hit the civilian market they were going for as much as
10K on gunbroker, talk about having disposable income:D. Remember the ACR was initially developed by Magpul, and these guys seem to be allergic to doing anything wrong. Good luck.

Yeah. I am on the hunt. We'll see. :beer:

paragon
04-07-2010, 07:17 AM
it's $1000 overpriced, at least.

ask Hitler

YouTube - Hitler finds out how much the new Bushmaster ACR will cost (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0Pu-rvFjs&feature=PlayList&p=F5E8CEBA89BD48B4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=95)

H3ATH3N
04-07-2010, 07:46 AM
it's $1000 overpriced, at least.

ask Hitler

:devil: I agree. No harm in research. Nice weapon for sure.

commanderjb
04-09-2010, 08:11 AM
I would not touch one of these for $2700. When Magpul originally designed these as the "Masada" they were talking about a price point of $1500, in line with the Sig 556. Then they sold the design to Bushmaster and it got all FUBAR'ed. Bushy couldn't get this into production because they had a lot of problems getting the final design right. Now that it is coming out they still didnt get it right - they are only offering it with a 1:9 twist barrel, rather than a 1:7 that everyone wanted. Plus the $2700 is for the basic model, not the enhanced with the better stock. For that kind of money I would go with the FN SCAR. I had been waiting anxiously for the "Masada" to be released since I first saw it years ago at SHOT, but now I am disappointed and I will be picking up a SCAR in the near future.

joes-jk
05-11-2010, 07:50 PM
did anyone read the review in "american rifleman." the said there goin to come out with some that have 1:7 twist. and suppossly they did somthing to the barrel so it dosent have to be cromed lined.-i think that last part is bull shit. if i spend 2700 on any "assault rifle" im going with the fn scar in 308.

redwood66
05-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I think it is overpriced just like everyone else. Why would someone need to change configurations in minutes? We have a Next Generation from Oregon that has been completely ceramic coated. Have no idea how much they are now but we bought locally and was around $1600.

http://www.nextgenerationarms.com/pro/mp168/

Mstef3
05-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Nice rifle. I have seen this thing in action and must say that if I were going to drop $2700+ on a modular rifle, this one would be at the top of the list. The cycle of operations is smooth and precise and the feel and accuracy are second to none. That being said, too much for my blood especially since the S&W or SASS are available for almost $1k less. That is alot of extra $Cha CHing$ for rifle accessories. :) :beer:

Here ya go.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_60/products_id/62888

I've bought from them before. Good place to buy.

joes-jk
05-13-2010, 01:18 PM
does anyone know were u can buy a fn scar?? are the scar 17's even avalable yet?? the scar 16 is in 5.56, but i read they were goin to have the scar 17 in .308

petzl
05-13-2010, 01:44 PM
WOW i want one. Love my AR but that is sweeeeeeet :smokin:

RanWitScissorz
05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
does anyone know were u can buy a fn scar?? are the scar 17's even avalable yet?? the scar 16 is in 5.56, but i read they were goin to have the scar 17 in .308

Almost every gun shop in town here has a SCAR 16S, 17 hasn't been released for civilian sale yet.

give me vtec
05-13-2010, 11:49 PM
I dont know If I like the newer modular rifles.

If you can find one, $2500 would buy a Springfield socom 2. Maybe its just me but I love my m1a.... time tested reliability and the punch of a real deal .308.

I agree with the earlier post... who the hell is gonna need to change configurations in seconds. Sounds like a marketing gimmick for a toy gun.