Bronco Peak Aug. 1st and 2nd [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Bronco Peak Aug. 1st and 2nd

Woods
07-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Camp Friday night
Wheel and Camp Sat.
Head home Sunday (I'm sure some folks can be talked into more wheelin on Sunday)

Who's in? (copy the list, add yourself and post)
- Team Woods

MrBash
07-16-2008, 04:07 PM
location? How do I get there?

so_calif_rubi
07-16-2008, 05:34 PM
I would love to come! Got to find a camper with a/c and bath room like the size of Mark's little rig.

MrBash
07-16-2008, 06:51 PM
OK I found it! Too far but very interesting trail. Definitely on my to-do list.

dayton1999
07-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Brett,

Strange how the universe works. Jessica looked at me last night and said: "let's go camping Aug 1 - 3." So, what's the details on the camping out there? Tents? Potties? Fires? Tequila?

:grinpimp: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

so_calif_rubi
07-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Camp Friday night
Wheel and Camp Sat.
Head home Sunday (I'm sure some folks can be talked into more wheelin on Sunday)

Who's in? (copy the list, add yourself and post)
- Team Woods

Ohhhhhhh it sounds soooo fun! Only if we had a camper.....maybe we'll find someone to trade Richard's old truck for a camper......hummmm:D

RiggerMike
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
We're heading up to my sister's in the central valley that weekend. Looks like your gloves are gonna stay here for awhile...:D

Woods
07-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Brett,

Strange how the universe works. Jessica looked at me last night and said: "let's go camping Aug 1 - 3." So, what's the details on the camping out there? Tents? Potties? Fires? Tequila?

:grinpimp: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Will have to check on the fires.

Here's a link with details CORRAL CANYON CAMPGROUND (http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/camping/corralcanyon.shtml)

Woods
07-16-2008, 09:32 PM
I would love to come! Got to find a camper with a/c and bath room like the size of Mark's little rig.

That is not camping.

BTW, average high temp this time of year is only 85.

100dollarman
07-16-2008, 09:32 PM
the HUNDYs are IN!:beer:

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

100dollarman
07-16-2008, 09:34 PM
That is not camping.

BTW, average high temp this time of year is only 85.

Is that a "dry" heat? :thefinger:LOL

dayton1999
07-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Will have to check on the fires.

Here's a link with details CORRAL CANYON CAMPGROUND (http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/camping/corralcanyon.shtml)

Yeah, we're in! :grinpimp:

Camp here Friday and Saturday nights? Wheel Bronco Sat? Soooooooooooooo, how nasty is Bronco? :smokin:

dayton1999
07-16-2008, 11:10 PM
the HUNDYs are IN!:beer:

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Casa De Hundy. Nice. Looks like it holds a lot of Coors Light! :beer:

SDMF
07-17-2008, 07:32 AM
It is supposed to be gnarly.

dayton1999
07-17-2008, 08:45 AM
It is supposed to be gnarly.

Gnarly? As in you would run it or not? :grinpimp: Yeah, I watched some of the YouTube videos... uh, damn... if Michele doesn't go, maybe I'll ride with Hundy. :smokin:

Woods
07-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Is that a "dry" heat? :thefinger:LOL

Inside the trailer or outside the trailer?

It is supposed to be gnarly. :D

Gnarly? As in you would run it or not? :grinpimp: Yeah, I watched some of the YouTube videos... uh, damn... if Michele doesn't go, maybe I'll ride with Hundy. :smokin:

Ummm, I think Michelle will be driving.

SDMF
07-17-2008, 11:44 AM

I have been wanting to do this trail for a while...but my wife's birthday is the 1st and I plan on spending the weekend with her like a good husband. I was hoping to get this one in before my son is born but thats not gonna happen. SOOOO you guys learn all the good lines and I'll follow you through it next year. :beer: Oh, and take plenty of non-poser pics.

dayton1999
07-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Oh, and take plenty of non-poser pics.

Fcuk that. All you're getting are parking lot shots. :thefinger:

AdamORW
07-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey guys,
I just contacted Richard Tull, the head ranger at Corral canyon. I had to leave him a message but I will get all the current details for camping, fires, ect. As far as the trail goes, its a good one. Body damage is probable, bumper, slider, diff cover, tie rod, gas tank damage WILL happen. I live about a half an hour from buckman springs exit and 45mins from the trail head, so I use bronco peak as a test ground for all my mods. I have run this trail many times, day and night, and it changes every time. Not to scare anybody but Bronco Peak is not for your pretty mall crawler.

My suggested requirements:
A minium of 35 in tires.

A the very least a rear locker. open front and rear will result in all your buddies being very pissed off at you and quite possibly broken axle shafts.
(note) broken axle shafts result in very pissed off wife. The trail is "do-able" with one locker but we will refer you to by passes when avaible.

PROTECTION, rock sliders are Required, you will use them a number of times to pass certin sections that DO NOT have bypasses.
Front and rear steel bumpers, your stock plastic ones will work if your goal is an excuse to get new ones.
Gas Tank Skid Plate, Oil Pan Skid if you dont have them you may need to buy new ones.

Be sure to bring lots of water and to leave the beer at camp. Snacks and lunch is always a good idea.

Sun Screen and bug repelant

All your trail tools...a jack that can lift your Jeep (not your stock one) and a tool that can take your rims off.

and a good attitude ;)

after saying all that. I cant freakin wait!:D
I will post up what Richard tells me as soon as he returns my call. Any questions feel free to ask.

Woods
07-17-2008, 01:39 PM
R U Skeered?

:shaking:

-T-
07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
R U Skeered?

YES!!!!!

AdamORW
07-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Its not so bad

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj270/adamorw/JK017.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj270/adamorw/JK014.jpg

dayton1999
07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
R U Skeered?

Uhm, yes. :thefinger:

Its not so bad

So, Adam... are you bringing parts and a credit card reader? :grinpimp:

AdamORW
07-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Uhm, yes. :thefinger:

So, Adam... are you bringing parts and a credit card reader? :grinpimp:

sure thing, what would you like me to bring? I will bring T-shirts and Koozies for everyone if you let me know what size you need.

so_calif_rubi
07-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Hey guys,
I just contacted Richard Tull, the head ranger at Corral canyon. I had to leave him a message but I will get all the current details for camping, fires, ect. As far as the trail goes, its a good one. Body damage is probable, bumper, slider, diff cover, tie rod, gas tank damage WILL happen. I live about a half an hour from buckman springs exit and 45mins from the trail head, so I use bronco peak as a test ground for all my mods. I have run this trail many times, day and night, and it changes every time. Not to scare anybody but Bronco Peak is not for your pretty mall crawler.

My suggested requirements:
A minium of 35 in tires.

A the very least a rear locker. open front and rear will result in all your buddies being very pissed off at you and quite possibly broken axle shafts.
(note) broken axle shafts result in very pissed off wife. The trail is "do-able" with one locker but we will refer you to by passes when avaible.

PROTECTION, rock sliders are Required, you will use them a number of times to pass certin sections that DO NOT have bypasses.
Front and rear steel bumpers, your stock plastic ones will work if your goal is an excuse to get new ones.
Gas Tank Skid Plate, Oil Pan Skid if you dont have them you may need to buy new ones.

Be sure to bring lots of water and to leave the beer at camp. Snacks and lunch is always a good idea.

Sun Screen and bug repelant

All your trail tools...a jack that can lift your Jeep (not your stock one) and a tool that can take your rims off.

and a good attitude ;)

after saying all that. I cant freakin wait!:D
I will post up what Richard tells me as soon as he returns my call. Any questions feel free to ask.

Come on, is this trail harder then John Bull in Big Bear?

MrBash
07-17-2008, 04:51 PM

John Bull is NOT difficult. I ran it with open diffs front and back but then again I am the shiznit :smokin::grinpimp::devil:

Your being sarcastic aren't ya?

so_calif_rubi
07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
John Bull is NOT difficult. I ran it with open diffs front and back but the again I am the shiznit :smokin::grinpimp::devil:

For me it was easy,but we have a few freinds that are stock open differs.and they had some small problems getting thougth.

AdamORW
07-17-2008, 04:59 PM

I have never been on John Bull, but from what ive been told by my guys that have, John Bull is not that difficult. Bronco Peak is alot of fun and not any thing like Johnson Valley, but it is one of thos trails that can take a toll on your Jeep. I just want to inform everyone that is coming that it is not a green run. I have been accused in the past of talking this trail down and people getting mad at me for not explaing to them that **** happens. I just thought sence like me, everyone in this group still has quite a few payments left on their Jeep and maybe they dont want to scratch it up yet.

so_calif_rubi
07-17-2008, 05:12 PM
I have never been on John Bull, but from what ive been told by my guys that have, John Bull is not that difficult. Bronco Peak is alot of fun and not any thing like Johnson Valley, but it is one of thos trails that can take a toll on your Jeep. I just want to inform everyone that is coming that it is not a green run. I have been accused in the past of talking this trail down and people getting mad at me for not explaing to them that **** happens. I just thought sence like me, everyone in this group still has quite a few payments left on their Jeep and maybe they dont want to scratch it up yet.

Are you referring to the Hammers part of Johnson Valley?

so_calif_rubi
07-17-2008, 05:14 PM
John Bull is NOT difficult. I ran it with open diffs front and back but then again I am the shiznit :smokin::grinpimp::devil:

I love bragging....it's SO AMERICAN :usa::usa::usa:

AdamORW
07-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Are you referring to the Hammers part of Johnson Valley?

Most of the trails in JV, if you like I can tell you that Bronco Peak is an easy trail and have you bring your pretty new Jeep and laugh at you as you drag your budget boosted mall crawler across the rocks. but I would rather inform you so that everyone knows what to expect and has a good time.

MrBash
07-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Most of the trails in JV, if you like I can tell you that Bronco Peak is an easy trail and have you bring your pretty new Jeep and laugh at you as you drag your budget boosted mall crawler across the rocks. but I would rather inform you so that everyone knows what to expect and has a good time.

Budget Boosted Mall Crawler :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

Those are fighting words...:mr-t:

Ok Ok I'm sorry, I'm not instigating...I don't mean to stir the pot:stirthepot:..

no really I'm just joking :smokin:

MrBash
07-17-2008, 05:23 PM
I just finished watching this video...looks like hella good times

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CoC2g-t3Mh8

so_calif_rubi
07-17-2008, 05:32 PM

I have dragged my so called "mall crawler" over a lot of sh*t,and now with my BB I'm dragging it over bigger sh*t :shaking:

AdamORW
07-17-2008, 05:34 PM

thats a pretty good video, it was posted a year ago tho, the trail has been dug out alot sence then.

MrBash
07-17-2008, 05:35 PM
thats a pretty good video, it was posted a year ago tho, the trail has been dug out alot sence then.

I could have sworn the date said 5/26/2008????

SDMF
07-17-2008, 05:37 PM
hahaha, funny stuff. From what I have seen, I don't think I would try to do it on 32's...but that's just me.

AdamORW
07-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I could have sworn the date said 5/26/2008????

haha yeah was looking at his join date. my bad

MrBash
07-17-2008, 05:38 PM
It was posted on June 9, 2008.

So let me ask you this...

I have a 2002 TJ 4.0 with 33" tires, diff guards, power steering guard, front and rear steel bumpers, rocker guards and open diffs front and back. I also have absolutely no care for body damage as long as I am the one damaging it. Will it be impossible for me to get through or will it be very very challenging?

AdamORW
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
It was posted on June 9, 2008.

So let me ask you this...

I have a 2002 TJ 4.0 with 33" tires, diff guards, power steering guard, front and rear steel bumpers, rocker guards and open diffs front and back. I also have absolutely no care for body damage as long as I am the one damaging it. Will it be impossible for me to get through or will it be very very challenging?

you can get threw, I have replaced many a D30/d35s on TJ due to broken (you name it) from BP. I bent both of my rubicon D44 rear shafts a few weeks ago. If you have a light foot and have buddies that are willing to strap you a few times that day you can get threw it. ive seen clubs drag stock YJs up it just so the Yahoo could say he did Bronco Peak in a stock YJ. Not my idea of a fun trail day tho.

MrBash
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
you can get threw, I have replaced many a D30/d35s on TJ due to broken (you name it) from BP. I bent both of my rubicon D44 rear shafts a few weeks ago. If you have a light foot and have buddies that are willing to strap you a few times that day you can get threw it. ive seen clubs drag stock YJs up it just so the Yahoo could say he did Bronco Peak in a stock YJ. Not my idea of a fun trail day tho.

I see. Well, I definitely don't have that light of a foot at all locations. I think I'll wait till I have front and back lockers then.

AdamORW
07-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I have draged my so called mall crawler over a lot of sh(t,and now with my BB iam draging it over bigger sh$t :shaking:

perfect, so I will see you on the trail.

so_calif_rubi
07-17-2008, 06:44 PM

Ohhhh I WISH I could go to the mall!!!!! But I spent all our money on that BB you mentioned..................:bounce:

But it's a good thing we have pictures to prove that we don't have a "mall crawler" LOL

100dollarman
07-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Casa De Hundy. Nice. Looks like it holds a lot of Coors Light! :beer:

Yeah, I just bought one those HUGE coolers from Walmart, added an axle and a hitch,.....and waaalaaa!

I just open the top and fill it with ice and beer!!!:beer::beer::beer:

:D

100dollarman
07-17-2008, 10:10 PM

Are you saying that JB is not difficult with open diffs and 33s? Try following my line!:thefinger:

I would say it "is" difficult! But, I am not as skilled!:bawling:

dayton1999
07-17-2008, 10:31 PM
sure thing, what would you like me to bring? I will bring T-shirts and Koozies for everyone if you let me know what size you need.

LOL! TShirt is XXL (or a small for the wifey), but I was talking about axles... tires... oil pan... you know the crap I'm going to break. :grinpimp:

Yeah, I just bought one those HUGE coolers from Walmart, added an axle and a hitch,.....and waaalaaa!

I just open the top and fill it with ice and beer!!!:beer::beer::beer:

You wanna adopt me?

MrBash
07-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Are you saying that JB is not difficult with open diffs and 33s? Try following my line!:thefinger:

I would say it "is" difficult! But, I am not as skilled!:bawling:

Let's do it. :bounce:

It's not difficult because I take the best lines....hahahah

You are right!! You are not as skilled because you don't have 33's :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

100dollarman
07-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Let's do it. :bounce:

It's not difficult because I take the best lines....hahahah

You are right!! You are not as skilled because you don't have 33's :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

I know, I know,...... I am always taking the easy way out! Lockers, 37s, supercharger.... its not even challenging anymore.:thefinger::D

I am going to run Bronco Peak in this---should be more of a challenge!!!

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1733&stc=1&d=1216360399

or this...

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1734&stc=1&d=1216360399

MrBash
07-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I know, I know,...... I am always taking the easy way out! Lockers, 37s, supercharger.... its not even challenging anymore.:thefinger::D

I am going to run Bronco Peak in this---should be more of a challenge!!!

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1733&stc=1&d=1216360399

or this...

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1734&stc=1&d=1216360399

niiiice!! can I ride shotgun?

Billy_Goat
07-18-2008, 04:28 AM
Ohhhh I WISH I could go to the mall!!!!! But I spent all our money on that BB you mentioned..................:bounce:

But it's a good thing we have pictures to prove that we don't have a "mall crawler" LOL

This trail looks really hard and damaging. But your a good driver, I'm sure you could do it, but like he said "damage is imminent". Maybe some bigger tires and a really good spotter would help. I have some sheets of 1/8 steel to make some skidplates if you want. It takes no skill at all to drive a giant rig through an obstacle.

:bender:

100dollarman
07-18-2008, 08:15 AM
I watched some of the videos--- WOODS- I hope you are working on your bumper/WINCH set up!!!:cookiemonster:

so_calif_rubi
07-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Budget Boosted Mall Crawler :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

Those are fighting words...:mr-t:

Ok Ok I'm sorry, I'm not instigating...I don't mean to stir the pot:stirthepot:..

no really I'm just joking :smokin:

I know! How rude, that really hurt! lol :grinpimp::grinpimp:

I like Dayton's NO DRAMA tag. With two teenaged girls, we have WAY enough drama in our house already....we just want fun, no meanies. :mr-t:

so_calif_rubi
07-18-2008, 09:20 AM

Thanks for the video. Pretty country. It does look fun in a gnarly sort of way.

I think we'll have to wait until we get some bigger tires, though. And all kidding aside, thank you for the warning Adam. Better safe then very sorry. We don't have very many payments left, but geesh, it is still brand new and Rubi is MY daily driver, so we need invest in some “armor” for her and bigger tires so I won't have to take medication while Richard is carelessly bouncing over huge boulders...:D I told him that as soon as I get out of college (not any time soon) I'm going to get another new car and he can do what ever he wants with Rubi....lol

Please bring back MANY pictures....wish I could be there with y'all!!

p.s. I think it might be a bit hotter than 85 though. We’re up 5,300 ft and it was 91 here yesterday…….?

SDMF
07-18-2008, 10:25 AM
I know! How rude, that really hurt! lol :grinpimp::grinpimp:

I like Dayton's NO DRAMA tag. With two teenaged girls, we have WAY enough drama in our house already....we just want fun, no meanies. :mr-t:

I'm pretty sure that was some good natured ribbing. :)

Woods
07-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I watched some of the videos--- WOODS- I hope you are working on your bumper/WINCH set up!!!:cookiemonster:

Yup. This run has set the schedule for it.:D

Woods
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM
K, so Who's in? (copy the list, add yourself and post)

- Team Woods
- AdamORW
- Hundy

dayton1999
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
- Team Woods
- AdamORW
- Hundy[/QUOTE]
- Team Dirty Girls (Dayton & Crew)

AdamORW
07-22-2008, 10:10 PM
- Team Woods
- AdamORW= Team ORW I have my trail crew coming to lend a hand. 2 LJs and a strecthed YJ
- Hundy[/quote]
- Team Dirty Girls (Dayton & Crew)

dayton1999
07-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Woods,

Do we need an Adventure Pass or Reservation to camp this weekend?

Jeff

PS: while I was under the Jeep changing the oil I noticed my driver side upper control arm (just below the upper connection) looked cracked... I'm going to run by ORE and ask Mel & Crew to take a quick peak. And if my new FT HD springs are there, he can pop them on in time for the fun this weekend.

Woods
07-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Woods,

Do we need an Adventure Pass or Reservation to camp this weekend?

Jeff

PS: while I was under the Jeep changing the oil I noticed my driver side upper control arm (just below the upper connection) looked cracked... I'm going to run by ORE and ask Mel & Crew to take a quick peak. And if my new FT HD springs are there, he can pop them on in time for the fun this weekend.

I'm fairly certain, yes on the adventure pass. The camp ground is first come first serve. I'm going to leave Friday afternoon. Maybe around 2.

dayton1999
07-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Folks,

I have to change Team Dirty Girls status to tentitive. My Jeep did not do well coming in to work this morning - pulling to the driver's side and there's a new "burning" smell. Yea! :shaking:

Cross yer fingers that I can "fix it" tonight. :grinpimp: (Brett, can you PM your cell number? I might need your advice tonight!)

100dollarman
07-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Starting to get excited about our BP run!:bounce:

Been looking at the map- I dont see a really good way to go from Lucerne valley- anyone have any opinions or suggestions on which way would be the best/fastest? Looks like about 200-225 miles from my house. Also thinking about friday traffic:bawling:

This is for everybody that puzzied out:thefinger:

And just to be fair- this is for the ones who show up:thefinger:

LOL!:devil:

100dollarman
07-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Woods- hows that winch coming?

AdamORW
07-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Can I get a head count for people coming and shirt sizes so I know what to bring

dayton1999
07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Team Dirty Girls is out folks.

JK is over at Don A Vee today. Looks like my rear brakes and my front ring and pinion are shot. :shaking:

100dollarman
07-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Team Dirty Girls is out folks.

JK is over at Don A Vee today. Looks like my rear brakes and my front ring and pinion are shot. :shaking:

Thats a bummer! Gonna miss you guys!

Who did the install on your r and p? And what happened to you brakes?:pissed:

dayton1999
07-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Thats a bummer! Gonna miss you guys!

Who did the install on your r and p? And what happened to you brakes?:pissed:

Ring and pinion are STOCK. They're still investigating that problem.

I haven't a clue what went wrong with the brakes. It may very well be that my Rock Hard bumper and racks and spare tire are too damn heavy. :pissed: I don't know really and neither do the service guys.

100dollarman
07-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Ring and pinion are STOCK. They're still investigating that problem.

I haven't a clue what went wrong with the brakes. It may very well be that my Rock Hard bumper and racks and spare tire are too damn heavy. :pissed: I don't know really and neither do the service guys.

Well hopefully it'll get fixed under warranty--- we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya! Tell them you need a loaner for the weekend:grinpimp:

AdamORW
07-31-2008, 03:33 PM
yeah that sounds like about the same as things on my Jeep. Yesterday I found all four ball joints were blown out, my pitman arm is wasted, and both rod ends on my drag link were shot. on top of that the splines on my rear drive shaft are twisted. but I will still be there at 9am:thefinger:

dayton1999
07-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Well hopefully it'll get fixed under warranty--- we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya! Tell them you need a loaner for the weekend:grinpimp:

L O A N E R... hmmmm... Oh and Adam... :thefinger:

:beer::beer::beer:

AdamORW
07-31-2008, 03:42 PM
HAHA I know I know. I just wanted to show you some love. I am about at my whits end with this JK. It dosnt seem to want to stay together. or maybe I just need to learn how to drive. still to be determined:smokin:

100dollarman
07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Now see, I like this Adam guy already!

No puzzy excuses like-

my niece has a soccer game on sat...

my dog ate a plastic grocery bag and its starting to come out...

dancing with the stars is on and I dont want to miss it...

its my son's pet turtles B-day...

my brakes are fried, and my r and p is clunking...

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

LETS GO WHEELIN!!!

SDMF
07-31-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm just bummed that no one could do it NEXT weekend instead of this one. No way am I leaving my pregnant wife home on her birthday to go wheelin...that would be asking for her to shoot me. :thefinger:

Mark, take good mental notes on the trail, I want to go do this after my son is born and I can get a day pass.

100dollarman
07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm just bummed that no one could do it NEXT weekend instead of this one. No way am I leaving my pregnant wife home on her birthday to go wheelin...that would be asking for her to shoot me. :thefinger:

Mark, take good mental notes on the trail, I want to go do this after my son is born and I can get a day pass.

Another lame excuse!!!.....pregnant wife, her b-day, blah, blah. I'll just add it to the list.

You guys really need to get your priorities straight!
1. Wheelin'
2. Everything else.
:thefinger:

AdamORW
07-31-2008, 09:00 PM
just got the pics from the photographer today from last weekend at the rubicon. The new mods to the front end worked well.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj270/adamorw/Rubicon%20July%2008/IMG_1283.jpg

dayton1999
07-31-2008, 09:38 PM
just got the pics from the photographer today from last weekend at the rubicon. The new mods to the front end worked well.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj270/adamorw/Rubicon%20July%2008/IMG_1283.jpg

I need to preface this by telling you that I've had 7 Tecates and 4 shots of Herra Dorra... that front flex is ****ing sick. :thefinger:

I took the wife and kids to San Diego two weeks ago. While down there I ran into a guy in a beat up Yota with H U G E ORW stickers - I casually said nice truck. He said thanks. I said do you know Adam at ORW? He said Yeah, he's my pimp. :grinpimp:

dayton1999
07-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Another lame excuse!!!.....pregnant wife, her b-day, blah, blah. I'll just add it to the list.

1. Wheelin'
2. Everything else.

****in a... when you're right, you're right. When are ya gonna cut up the 3/4 ton trailers and make nice 1/4 ton trailers??? :grinpimp:

StubEXrube
07-31-2008, 10:00 PM
AdamORW...im not trying to waste yer time, but Ive never seen info on what the hell is under that rig. Can you give a quick rundown on what lift yer running...incl- springs, spacers, shocks, sliders, trackbars, and anything else worth mentioning. That flex looks f**kin sick. Thanks!

Woods
07-31-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm gettin psyched about this run. Gunna be some fun.

Hundy, I went and picked up a sheet of 3/16" sheet metal this morning, then took it over to get a bend put in it. Picked it up about 2:30 and now it's almost finished. Winch will be installed and ready for action.

Dayton, would be great fun to take a loaner to BP. I tried to borrow Jason's JK but he's smarter than that. The dealership not so much. Hook it up brutha.

Adam, any word on campfires? If you hear of anything post up. And I'm guessing that we take Buckman Springs road, to get to the campground? Oh and great pic. Is that right before your spring popped out and went bouncing down the trail? :grinpimp:
And did you get your 40's back on?

AdamORW
07-31-2008, 11:02 PM
AdamORW...im not trying to waste yer time, but Ive never seen info on what the hell is under that rig. Can you give a quick rundown on what lift yer running...incl- springs, spacers, shocks, sliders, trackbars, and anything else worth mentioning. That flex looks f**kin sick. Thanks!

Talkin Jeep is never a waste of time brother and I would be happy to give you the run down.

I started with a dirt cheap 2 door X. I installed the 6in long arm kit from Full Traction. I modified the lower shock mounts so I could run 14 inch travel 5150 Bilstiens. I run 11 1/2 in travel 5150 bilstiens in the rear with modified lower mounts. I have no spacers. I then swapped in the Mopar Rubicon Dana 44 axles front and rear and added the Off Road Evoloution gussetts and sliders in the front. currently I have stock ring and pinion and stock shafts in the Jeep but I have lots of boxes sitting with parts waiting to be install as soon as I find the time. I have chromo front shafts from Alloy USA and superior 5.13s waiting to go in. as far as protection, I installed the full skid plate system from Rock Hard 4x4 and the sport cage. Pure Jeep front and rear bumpers and sliders protect the body. I originaly had 39.5 IROKs on the Jeep but I never got around to installing the Daystar body lift (also in the pile o parts) So when Goodyear aproched me, I said sure ill take a set of 37 inch MTRs. They work awesome BTW. I just installed the ICON steering flip yesterday cuz I wasted the stock rod ends. I think thats about it for now. the season is cranking up so I might put the build back into overdrive here pretty soon but who knows.

StubEXrube
07-31-2008, 11:28 PM
geeeeezh...its even sicker than i thought. Must be one of the most capable jks to ever hit the trails. Even though my current jk project is almost complete, you've provided me more ideas to finish it...(and one hell of a blueprint for my next one!) Thanks a million.

SDMF
08-01-2008, 07:50 AM

1. Wheelin'
2. Everything else.

pffffffffft.:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Billy_Goat
08-01-2008, 08:00 AM
I might just throw caution to the wind and show up Sat morn. Besides you guys need someone to show you which line to take ;)

I tried to get sliders but couldn't. :(

Does anybody know how to get there yet?

100dollarman
08-01-2008, 08:08 AM
BG- I double dog dare you to show. :devil:

Looks like Buckman springs exit off I-8, rt off ramp, through stop sign 3.3 mi, turn rt on Corral cyn rd (17s04), go 5.9mi to "Y", bear rt and go 1.4 mi to campground.

We will be leaving in a couple of hours.

See ya down there!

Woods
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm going to try to get on the road about noon, but 1:00 is a better bet.

Adam told me to try to camp as high / far from the stream as possible. Less fly's up there. So look for the JK's at the top of the campground.

AdamORW
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Adam, any word on campfires? If you hear of anything post up. And I'm guessing that we take Buckman Springs road, to get to the campground? Oh and great pic. Is that right before your spring popped out and went bouncing down the trail?
And did you get your 40's back on?

I called Richard Tull and left another message telling him we are coming. I havnt heard back from him yet. and yes you will exit Buckman springs to the right, then right at the lake morena street. there is a fancy new sign that says Corral Canyon OHV right before the road. it is a dirt road that then turns to pavement. its about 15 mins up the hill or maybe a little more.

My spring popped out because the lower coil retainer/bump stop extintion fell out. oops:shaking: but I fixed that and installed some ORW limit straps. all good now. and 40s...not yet. Goodyear said they will be ready end of this month or first of sept.:smokin:

AdamORW
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
I will be in Mexico all day today so I wont be able to answer any forums. I will be at BP tomorrow morning at 9am. I will look for you guys at the lower camp site.

100dollarman
08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Hundy crew is crewzin'

Billy_Goat
08-01-2008, 06:08 PM
BG- I double dog dare you to show. :devil:

Looks like Buckman springs exit off I-8, rt off ramp, through stop sign 3.3 mi, turn rt on Corral cyn rd (17s04), go 5.9mi to "Y", bear rt and go 1.4 mi to campground.

We will be leaving in a couple of hours.

See ya down there!

Well if you're going to put it that way I guess I don't have a choice!
I'm welding on some temp sliders right now and am heading out in the morning.

Hey Jason! Doesn't your wife have a Birthday Every year? hehe
I need you on these hardcore runs so I know what line NOT to take. :)
Tell your wifey that the board says "Happy Birthday!!!!" :):):)

:bender:

Woods
08-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Not sure how to start this one. On one side, I'm feeling guilty for going to BP w/o Jason. On the other hand, damn we had a blast. So lets take Jason asap.

I mounted my winch at about 9:00 this a.m. and got to use it about 11:00 a.m. and that's all I got to say bout that.

Hundy quotes; "This trail kicks ass" and lets not forget "whoo hoo!"

Trailhand quote; "Damn these JK's are long"
Nother Trailhand quote; "Dude, you're long and low"
Nother Trailhand quote; "Dude, are you okay?" (asked of the drunk spotter, when he fell)

Hundy was the first 4-door JK to do BP (that we know of). And I was 2nd which brings up another quote-
Adam; 2nd place is the first loooooozzzzzeeerrrrrr

Billy Goat was in epic form. The yota didn't like the gatekeeper much, so in true Billy Goat fashion, he took off to find another way to the top. And out of no where BAM! there he was at the top of BP.

Clearly, the best driver of the day was the little 17 year old girl. :D:crybaby2: She rocked some stuff that was simply amazing.

And most of all. Thanks to Adam for putting the crew together.
THEY HOOKED US UP!
These guys are awesome. The spotted and placed rocks and hooked up tow straps and everything else you'd expect from a really classy group. Adam, please thank all those guys for us. :beer:

:jester:

SDMF
08-02-2008, 11:10 PM
damnit.

karnuvore
08-02-2008, 11:22 PM
wow.

this thread was interesting just to read. Cant imagine actually being there!

Pics are going to be interesting.

Woods
08-03-2008, 01:45 PM
One more detail to add. These guys are so hardcore that not only did they stack rocks for us (me) all day,... but they unstacked them after I got through. :devil:

I'll get pics up, when I get a few minutes to get through them. Honestly though, I didn't even think about my camera, until I got through the hard stuff. :jester:

karnuvore
08-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Honestly though, I didn't even think about my camera, until I got through the hard stuff. :jester:

I know that feeling. You know it's a good day wheeling when you come home w/ no pictures and a big siht eating grin!

:grinpimp:

Woods
08-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Some pics:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/659/dsc6080fo6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2613/dsc6089te3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6278/dsc6092cb6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7472/dsc6105cs9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5222/dsc6107wy4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9407/dsc6110yw1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5665/dsc6112mk8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7534/dsc6111hy4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Woods
08-03-2008, 05:22 PM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8779/dsc6114nz6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6763/dsc6123jf6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8263/dsc6127al2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6128/dsc6133qh1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/494/dsc6134lj9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

karnuvore
08-03-2008, 05:34 PM
HELL YEAH! Great pics. Im jealous.

100dollarman
08-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Great pics, Woods!

You wheel with some righteous dudes.

:grinpimp:

AK
08-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Looks like a blast! Too bad my little girl is only 6 days old or we would have made the trip. I am planning a midweek run for Aug. 19, 20 or 21st, San Bernardino Mtn. area. I will post with details soon!

OH YEAH :thefinger::thefinger:

MOJAVEGREEN
08-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Nice pics guys!

MrBash
08-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Looks like an awesome trip. Maybe one day...