Adjusting the header latches? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Adjusting the header latches?

Bigjerm
07-13-2008, 09:23 AM
How do you do it? I am talking about the latches that you use to secure the soft top to the top of the windshield. I think I need to make the tighter.

Reason is I have the half doors and they leaked like a biotch. Well after some adjusting of this and that and I got all the leaks stopped except the last one. After standing out in the rain for awhile watching things with my jacket on and a towel on the floor and a lot of pushing and pulling on things I see what is happening. The top doesn’t sit flush with the header seal allowing water to run down the seal towards the doors. When it gets to the doors it falls behind the weather strip instead of in front of it. I need to trim the corner of the door weather strip as well but I need to do something with the header seal. I know this is the reason because if I take a card and push the door weather stripping in under where the water is dropping from the header seal the leak quits.

RotorHead
07-13-2008, 10:32 AM
I wrapped electrical tape around the loops on the windshield.

ColinW
07-17-2008, 01:23 AM
Wow, really?..mine are as tight as a motherf'er to even get to fit onto the latch loops, and the top still leaks!