2N17X Tonight... [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: 2N17X Tonight...

MrBash
07-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm running 2N17X tonight with a JK buddy of mine. We're meeting at 8:30pm - 8:45pm at the Jack in the box off of Sierra and the 15 Freeway and we'll go from there. Channel 25 on the CB radio. Post up or show up.

-Bash

so_calif_rubi
07-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm running 2N17X tonight with a JK buddy of mine. We're meeting at 8:30pm - 8:45pm at the Jack in the box off of Sierra and the 15 Freeway and we'll go from there. Channel 25 on the CB radio. Post up or show up.

-Bash

wish i lived closer,dam gas prices:shaking:

dayton1999
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Bash, did you make it back? Weather report didn't look so great up there...

MrBash
07-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Bash, did you make it back? Weather report didn't look so great up there...

There was a little thunderstorm out, but it faded away by 10:00pm. I just got in. Trail Report has been posted on your thread for tomorrow. You guys have fun and be safe. We'll catch you on the next one. I didn't plan to be out this late. :)

100dollarman
07-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey Jeep-Bash-ian-

How did you guys do on that long uphill up the center where the left and right trails are blocked off?

We did 2n17x yesterday and that hill was a mofo! We made it, but it wasnt easy!:mr-t:

MrBash
07-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey Jeep-Bash-ian-

How did you guys do on that long uphill up the center where the left and right trails are blocked off?

We did 2n17x yesterday and that hill was a mofo! We made it, but it wasnt easy!:mr-t:

I have never made it up that hill. I have tried it stock, which I was more succesful than with my 33inch tires. I just keep slipping. A TJ buddy of mine tried it and we had to winhc him out. An FJ40 buddy of mine tried it with 37"tires and he made it but he had to bounce around a lot. I always take the bypass and go up the first turn to the right.

Here's a video of me attempting the hill stock (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yqcvkw7xUcQ)

Here's a video of JK-Pirate making that hill look easy (http://youtube.com/watch?v=igbp2ovpe_A)

These videos were taken by Woods. Woods even made it up with-out lockers, but I must ay, that hill has gotten really eroded and the ditch has gotten worse in the past six months. I think I dug the **** out of it that day as well....oops! There are a lot of videos on youtube of people beating up on that hill.