SWR Tuning in NorCal (East Bay)? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: SWR Tuning in NorCal (East Bay)?

cruzcode
03-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey guys, I just ordered a Cobra 75, 4' Firestik, a separate Cobra Speaker, and all of the gear to do a nice install.

I'll be fine with the install..., BUT I have no idea on how in the hell to tune the antenna SWR.

Any suggestions on getting this antenna "tuned up like a Nascar Pit-Stop", somewhere in the East Bay?

Thanks -- RC :beer:

Eugene
03-10-2010, 09:23 PM
I have a meter, so if your ready on Sunday I could meet you in Livermore. There is a sporting good store on N 1st St called Doms Outdoor that I haven't beeen to in a while. I could kill two birds with one stone. Let me know.

cruzcode
03-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I have a meter, so if your ready on Sunday I could meet you in Livermore. There is a sporting good store on N 1st St called Doms Outdoor that I haven't beeen to in a while. I could kill two birds with one stone. Let me know.

That sounds awesome, and thank you for the offer! After I saw your posting, I checked UPS.com and they said that my shipment won't arrive until this coming Tuesday. :pissed:

So, I'll need to install it next week, and I'll be out of town next weekend (I think), so it may need to wait.

That being said, it sounds like a great excuse to get together, finally meet, look at our rigs, tune the antenna, and talk shop. I'll let you know once it's installed so we can coordinate if you're still down...

RC :beer:

Eugene
03-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Sounds like a plan.

cruzcode
04-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Sounds like a plan.

CB is mounted, junction box is mounted & wired, and the antenna mount is mounted. The only thing left to do is run the coax from the junction box, mount the antenna, and figure out if I have to run a ground wire with the Teraflex bracket.

I should be completely installed by this weekend. Did you ever make it over to that store in Livermore?

RC :beer: