NorCal only axle sale update! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: NorCal only axle sale update!

Eugene
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey guys,
The RCV's are in and the Superior Evo's are out. Sooooo.. $400 dollars gets the front axle set plus some spare u-joints. Don't really want to ship but can make arrangements. I'll give NorCal first shot before I throw it open to all. Let me know if anyone is interested:D

Dr.Dirty
03-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Bump for a good deal from a Great Jeeper..........

Eugene
03-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Anybody?

Eugene
03-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Going......

Eugene
03-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Going......

offers??

JeepThing
03-11-2010, 10:44 PM
After watching ... errr scratch that ... LISTENING to Rob snap his last weekend, I should probably snatch these up for spares. Lack of funds right now though. Missed you last weekend.

Eugene
03-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Gone....to the masses. If any non NorCal jeepers have been lurking on this post, now is your chance!! $400 + shipping. Let me know:grinpimp: It goes to the for sale section tomorrow.

rubirobv
03-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Gone....to the masses. If any non NorCal jeepers have been lurking on this post, now is your chance!! $400 + shipping. Let me know:grinpimp: It goes to the for sale section tomorrow.

Brian, just a suggestion. Try Pirate 4X4 in their NorCal Section. I know they're not JK specific but alot more exposure. Just a thought. Hope you sell them.

jeeperjkj
03-14-2010, 05:20 PM
How difficult is the RCV install?

If I'm planning on getting gears done (and paying someone to do it 'cause I don't have the skill just yet), then should I just get the RCVs and have them do it at the same time?

rubirobv
03-14-2010, 07:56 PM
How difficult is the RCV install?

If I'm planning on getting gears done (and paying someone to do it 'cause I don't have the skill just yet), then should I just get the RCVs and have them do it at the same time?

I'd wheel the stock axles until they break, if they do break at all. My two cents.

Eugene
03-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Just have them do it and don't let them charge you extra. They need to pull the axles to do the gears, so replacing them with the RCV's should be easy enough. There is no difference on how they go in.

Eugene
03-14-2010, 08:04 PM
You know if I had it to do over again I would have went with the RCV's in the first place. They come with the same warranty, they fit in the stock axle seal, and they are awesome to use. After putting mine on I went over to a dirt parking lot, put it in 4wd, turned on the front locker and did circles in full steering lock. No wobble, no jerking, just perfect circles. The thought of not having to worry about turning the wheel when locked (rememeber Slick Rock) makes me more confident. Plus you can just slip your stockers in if they break.