Names lou and i am from the northeast [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Names lou and i am from the northeast

jerzeyjeep
03-01-2010, 06:18 PM
it looks like i am coming down your guys way. orders say oregon inlet nc. so what do you guys do for fun here?

Lou

levellinebrad
03-01-2010, 07:19 PM
never even knew the place existed. Closest good 4 wheelin is Uwharrie that I know of anyway.

tkob1060
03-01-2010, 07:25 PM
never even knew the place existed. Closest good 4 wheelin is Uwharrie that I know of anyway.

this is closer to where he will be
http://www.carolinabackwoods.com/

jerzeyjeep
03-01-2010, 07:55 PM
i want to see what this uwharrie is all about

NYJKGUY
03-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Let me know when you go cause im commin to visit

lmg5819
03-01-2010, 08:02 PM
NOOOOOOO! You were supposed to come to ST. Louis. Well North Carolina, you just won the fucking Jeep Lottery. Be good to Lou, he's the best.

paramaniac
03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
You suck.

Good luck brotha!

johnmcd
03-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Oregon Inlet - great beach wheeling and surf fishing!

jerzeyjeep
03-02-2010, 07:37 PM
are there any jeep clubs down there or fab shops?

enigmaverse
03-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Hey Lou-

there are a few clubs just south of you from Jacksonville to Wilmington: East Coast Trail Raiders, Flatland Rock Crawlers, Jacksonville Jeepers.

Check out coastalcarolinaoffroad.com, I'm an admin on there. We have clubs all over nc/sc but most activity is the Myrtle Beach/ Wilmington area.

Backwoods is good for getting a little dirty and playing. Uwharrie is a couple steps up from there in difficulty and a great place to camp, then you have Gulches, 80-100 acres of rock climbing and mud deep enough even tkob will get lost. :). There are several other places out there that vary in difficulty and terrain, just depends on how far you want to drive. :)

oh, welcome to the neighborhood.

johnmcd
03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey Lou-

there are a few clubs just south of you from Jacksonville to Wilmington: East Coast Trail Raiders, Flatland Rock Crawlers, Jacksonville Jeepers.

Check out coastalcarolinaoffroad.com, I'm an admin on there. We have clubs all over nc/sc but most activity is the Myrtle Beach/ Wilmington area.

Backwoods is good for getting a little dirty and playing. Uwharrie is a couple steps up from there in difficulty and a great place to camp, then you have Gulches, 80-100 acres of rock climbing and mud deep enough even tkob will get lost. :). There are several other places out there that vary in difficulty and terrain, just depends on how far you want to drive. :)

oh, welcome to the neighborhood.

:stirthepot: That should get a reply...

enigmaverse
03-04-2010, 08:29 PM
most of his mud is for run off... although they do have some mud bog for running. He tells me the mud can anywhere from a couple inches to 30' (yes thats feet) and just because it looks like its passable doesnt mean it is. most of it is soft or no bottom sludge... however , he is welcome to try :)

Its a real fun place, my group goes several times a year. The parking lot is rougher then a good portion of URE's trails

sniper41
03-04-2010, 08:43 PM
our loss will certainly be your guy's gain!

jerzeyjeep
03-05-2010, 02:33 PM
yeah mud not a fan trail im always down for and rocks are going to have to wait till new axles.

Lou

enigmaverse
03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
You will love Uwharrie then... River Rock ORV is supposed to be nice, but that will be a haul for you. Do you know exactly where you'll be living yet?

jerzeyjeep
03-05-2010, 09:53 PM
more then likely kitty hawk or kill devil hills

enigmaverse
03-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Hell, from there the Pine Barrens are only 2 hours further than Uwharrie :)

Hope to see you out there sometime, when you coming down?

levellinebrad
03-06-2010, 04:15 AM
Uwharrie isnt much more than a trail ride any way. When its raining, it becomes very interesting in places but on a dry day you can skip around the hard stuff pretty easy. TKOB is trying to organize something as far as going down in April. You should come if you are around. Tim always puts on a good show and you never know when you might see one flip. Oh and one other thing, under your list of mods it says yada yada yada. We dont say things like that down here. We would say something more like shit shit and more shit. HEE HEE.