NC Uwharrie trip plan, sign up [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: NC Uwharrie trip plan, sign up

tkob1060
02-27-2010, 06:33 PM
OK guys lets make plans I am impatiently waiting for it to open. I think I will stay away opening weekend which is the 2/3/4th of april.

So the plan is April 10/11th lets get it going, I cant wait to play dammit.

1) tkob1060(Tim)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
Add yourself to the list :grinpimp:

oh and anyone want to come out to see me run the Mudbog series at Uwharrie stables across the street? :bounce: I gotta look up and see when the first one is happening.

johnmcd
02-27-2010, 08:40 PM
OK guys lets make plans I am impatiently waiting for it to open. I think I will stay away opening weekend which is the 2/3/4th of april.

1) tkob1060(Tim)
2)Johnmcd (john) - I'll be a little late:thefinger:
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

oh and anyone want to come out to see me run the Mudbog series at Uwharrie stables across the street? :bounce: I gotta look up and see when the first one is happening.

Its been a long off season from Uwharrie!

joshua180422
03-01-2010, 09:56 AM

1) tkob1060(Tim)
2)Johnmcd (john) - I'll be a little late
3)joshua180422 (josh) maybe i might be playing army
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

oh and anyone want to come out to see me run the Mudbog series at Uwharrie stables across the street? :bounce: I gotta look up and see when the first one is happening. i hope to make it but you can never tell with uncle sam i will keep my fingers crossed

enigmaverse
03-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Looks like I'm running opposite of you guys... Tim, I will be there the 2-4th, then in NJ the following weekend.

If you want to join us for a pre-jko run, your more then welcome.

SONIC
03-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Not sure, thats the weekend of my roommates birthday, so if I do make it chances are ill be severely hung over :beer:

levellinebrad
03-01-2010, 06:17 PM

1) tkob1060(Tim)
2)
3)
4)Brad
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

Unless I am on call.

johnmcd
03-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Not sure, thats the weekend of my roommates birthday, so if I do make it chances are ill be severely hung over :beer:

Sonic,
will you be driving by then or riding shot gun?

BlueTJ
03-07-2010, 02:29 PM
GOing to Orlando the weekend of the 10th. Maybe the following weekend I could make it. we'll see

benmar2000
03-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Tim - Keep in mind that since Tellico is closed, Uwharrie has become twice as crowded.. I plan on going in May.. Not sure of the weekend.. Will find out more when Matt gets back to me..

gt3073b
03-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Our club is planning to go to Uwharrie on the 11th. Saturdays in April are a zoo out there, so we're going to wait until Sunday.

We did trail maintenance with the Forest Service 2 weeks ago and the big canyon at the top of Dutch John is completely full of deep silt. There is no solid bottom to get traction there anymore. The snow melt must have really raised the creeks too. Two of the water crossings were completely busted up with cables broken and several logs smashed to pieces. Several of the logs actually flipped end-over-end in the current when the upstream cable snapped! We brought in 11 new logs and about replaced about half of the cable on the crossings. Several other clubs are also doing work weekends around this time.

I can't wait for the season to start! Seeya out there :beer:

Bryan.

benmar2000
03-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Our club is planning to go to Uwharrie on the 11th. Saturdays in April are a zoo out there, so we're going to wait until Sunday.

We did trail maintenance with the Forest Service 2 weeks ago and the big canyon at the top of Dutch John is completely full of deep silt. There is no solid bottom to get traction there anymore. The snow melt must have really raised the creeks too. Two of the water crossings were completely busted up with cables broken and several logs smashed to pieces. Several of the logs actually flipped end-over-end in the current when the upstream cable snapped! We brought in 11 new logs and about replaced about half of the cable on the crossings. Several other clubs are also doing work weekends around this time.

I can't wait for the season to start! Seeya out there :beer:

Bryan.

I wanted to do that and help... But I have been swamped at work and even working most weekends :shaking: But the OT is going to be SWEET!!! :bounce::grinpimp:

tkob1060
03-14-2010, 03:08 PM
hey guys chech this out, found it on nc4x4. There is another store/gas station just under 3miles south of Eldorado outpost. They are opening a new Restaurant in it. The Boondocks Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. There will be just about anything you can think of, the way they are talking. Anything from hamburgers, steaks, ribs, bbq, chicken, pizza, seafood, etc. They will also be able to serve draft/bottled beer & wine.

It's the only place from thomasville to troy that has beer/wine.
http://www.uwharriemtmarket.com/

Anyone want to help me replace my ball joints next weekend? :beer:

benmar2000
03-14-2010, 03:12 PM
hey guys chech this out, found it on nc4x4. There is another store/gas station just under 3miles south of Eldorado outpost. They are opening a new Restaurant in it. The Boondocks Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. There will be just about anything you can think of, the way they are talking. Anything from hamburgers, steaks, ribs, bbq, chicken, pizza, seafood, etc. They will also be able to serve draft/bottled beer & wine.

It's the only place from thomasville to troy that has beer/wine.
http://www.uwharriemtmarket.com/

Anyone want to help me replace my ball joints next weekend? :beer:

COOL!!! :beer:

I do like Eldorodo's chili dogs though.. :D :laughing:

I wish I could help ya.. I would rather help do ball joints then do what I am going to do this coming weekend.. I have to rewire a building.. UGH!!! I running wire.. :shaking::shaking:

tkob1060
03-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I wish I could help ya.. I would rather help do ball joints then do what I am going to do this coming weekend.. I have to rewire a building.. UGH!!! I running wire.. :shaking::shaking:

I'll rewire the building you do the ball joints :laughing:

benmar2000
03-14-2010, 03:29 PM
I'll rewire the building you do the ball joints :laughing:

I wish.. But I don't think my boss would like that. :laughing::laughing:

I am interested in that new place.. If they have a full diner.. That would ROCK.. A place to meet after wheeling and get some grub and suds.. :beer:

johnmcd
03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Tim,
if you're up for a trip to Raleigh, i'll be in the shop all weekend trying to finish one of my YJ's. Ball Joints cant take too long.

tkob1060
03-21-2010, 07:51 AM
bump :bounce:

benmar2000
03-21-2010, 08:03 AM
I wish I could go.. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

UNCJK
03-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Just picked up an AX5 tranny for a friends YJ, so we could get there after finals. Unfortunately that's not until the end of April, so I'll have to catch you guys next time. I'm still stock anyway, but the closet is filling quick with large metal pieces.:D

tkob1060
03-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Just picked up an AX5 tranny for a friends YJ, so we could get there after finals. Unfortunately that's not until the end of April, so I'll have to catch you guys next time. I'm still stock anyway, but the closet is filling quick with large metal pieces.:D

You can handle at least 95% of the trails in stock rubicon :beer: What is your friend going to be running in his yj?

there is a BIG meet set up for Uwharrie the last weekend of april/begin of may.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23599 only a few from here so far but about 30 from nc4x4 are going. Should be a great time.

UNCJK
03-28-2010, 06:48 PM
You can handle at least 95% of the trails in stock rubicon :beer: What is your friend going to be running in his yj?

there is a BIG meet set up for Uwharrie the last weekend of april/begin of may.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23599 only a few from here so far but about 30 from nc4x4 are going. Should be a great time.

I still had a blast, but gave my wife a hernia and an aneurysm at the same time. We stayed on the moderate trails, but there were several belly scrapes that didn't do damage, just sounded bad. She's still a jeep girl though and we had fun in my buddy's YJ and his brother's XJ.
The YJ is a 95 with 35s, tmax 9000 winch, and roughly 7 inches of total lift.
The XJ is tractor painted yellow of all colors with 35s and 4 in of lift. Homemade stinger and a plethora of dents. I hope we can run into some of those guys from NC4x4. I've been following their forum for a while.

joshua180422
04-02-2010, 01:09 PM
i am not gonna be able to make it got to work. i thought i would be able to. hopefully u guys will do another one soon.

levellinebrad
04-09-2010, 03:36 AM
I am out too. I am on call this weekend unfortunately.

johnmcd
04-09-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm out as well. I'm going to myrtle beach to pick up a new jeep project. I bought a J10 complete and runs ok for $300. Not sure if I want to run as a truck or strip out and tranmsplant into a tube frame and yj body.

jku_rubicon
04-09-2010, 01:19 PM

1) tkob1060(Tim)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

Hey man, do you still want to go tomorrow? It would be a last minute trip and about a 4 hour drive for me but I can probably meet you up there if you want to hit some trails. I am at the Firehouse until 8am tomorrow morning so I couldn't get on the road till about 9am, get to URE about 1 - 2pm, wheel Sat afternoon, camp Saturday night and wheel Sunday morning then come back Sun afternoon.
Let me know. :beer:

jku_rubicon
04-10-2010, 07:50 AM
I guess the trip didn't fly, maybe next time.

tkob1060
04-11-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm out as well. I'm going to myrtle beach to pick up a new jeep project. I bought a J10 complete and runs ok for $300. Not sure if I want to run as a truck or strip out and tranmsplant into a tube frame and yj body.

wtf ANOTHER project? you havent even finished the other 2 :laughing:

Hey man, do you still want to go tomorrow? It would be a last minute trip and about a 4 hour drive for me but I can probably meet you up there if you want to hit some trails. I am at the Firehouse until 8am tomorrow morning so I couldn't get on the road till about 9am, get to URE about 1 - 2pm, wheel Sat afternoon, camp Saturday night and wheel Sunday morning then come back Sun afternoon.
Let me know. :beer:

Sorry I didnt see this till today. I didnt make it either. I will be going the 1st of may though for sure :bounce:

jku_rubicon
04-12-2010, 08:52 AM

Sorry I didnt see this till today. I didnt make it either. I will be going the 1st of may though for sure :bounce:

No worries, I was hoping you would reply that night so I could throw a last minute kit together and roll out in the morning.
What's the May 1st thing about? Is it an open event?

johnmcd
04-12-2010, 06:58 PM

Yeah eBay and craigslist have proven to be a problem for me. I think I need to find a meeting/ support group. The first is getting closer everyday. I have found too many YJ electrical gremlins in a twenty year old wiring harness. Next time it will likely be a painless ten circut set up. They are so clean.

Hey- ever see a J10 in a mud bog?

SONIC
04-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Anyone want to go on sunday?

johnmcd
04-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Anyone want to go on sunday?

I'm in! Might bring my new J10 to see how she does as well (trailored)

SONIC
04-13-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm in! Might bring my new J10 to see how she does as well (trailored)

got any pics of it yet?

MaRShiN
04-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Based on your guys' avatars, Im guessing Uwharrie is mostly a mud bath?

I need to get a snorkle but have my mirrors relocatd. . . still trying to figure it all out without having to contantly switch shit around.

MaRShiN
04-13-2010, 05:50 PM
nevermind, did some youtube searches, found some vids, looks pretty sweet

johnmcd
04-13-2010, 07:02 PM
nevermind, did some youtube searches, found some vids, looks pretty sweet

Interested?

johnmcd
04-13-2010, 07:06 PM
got any pics of it yet?

Yeah, they are pdf's ill try to upload.

johnmcd
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
A couple pics of the beast. It has a 360 V8, a 727 auto trans and thats all i know.

Sorry for the clickey links, I'm not smart enough to get a pdf to be shown.

SONIC
04-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Based on your guys' avatars, Im guessing Uwharrie is mostly a mud bath?

I need to get a snorkle but have my mirrors relocatd. . . still trying to figure it all out without having to contantly switch shit around.

I have a snorkel and have my mirrors relocated :D
Or mirror should I say. One stays on the passenger door, the driver side stays relocated. So in the summer when i have no doors i only have one side, which is all you need.

And nah Uwharrie is mostly rocks a little mud actually.

SONIC
04-13-2010, 07:13 PM
A couple pics of the beast. It has a 360 V8, a 727 auto trans and thats all i know.

Sorry for the clickey links, I'm not smart enough to get a pdf to be shown.

Damn thats pretty slick.....You'll need to lose that god awful bed though LOL

johnmcd
04-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Damn thats pretty slick.....You'll need to lose that god awful bed though LOL

Scrap metal for sure, might try the truggy look, or 4 link it, put a YJ body on it with a cage and see what it will do.

MaRShiN
04-14-2010, 04:28 AM
Interested?

Definatly. I go to Ft Monmouth NJ for a couple weeks this Friday, should be back in early May. Once I find a house and can unload all my worldly posessions from the back of my 2DR, Ill be able to go play!

jku_rubicon
04-14-2010, 05:21 AM
So what's the deal with the May 1st event? Who is going?

tkob1060
04-16-2010, 10:55 AM
So what's the deal with the May 1st event? Who is going?

I'm going :grinpimp:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82718 for more info and to see there are plenty of people going

FYI Daniel trail is a lot easier now, only the first ledge is there, the 2nd was filled in in off season trail work :shaking:

also there is a hotdog vendor in one of the parking lots, his location is on this map made by one of the guys on nc4x4, its pretty good map
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=672211

jku_rubicon
04-16-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm going :grinpimp:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82718 for more info and to see there are plenty of people going

FYI Daniel trail is a lot easier now, only the first ledge is there, the 2nd was filled in in off season trail work :shaking:

also there is a hotdog vendor in one of the parking lots, his location is on this map made by one of the guys on nc4x4, its pretty good map
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=672211

I think I will come up for this. I have never been to Uwharrie and don't know a single person that's going so would it be possible to meet up with you sometime around 12-2pm Saturday?
I tried to get Lee ( The Joker ) to roll up there with me for this but he said he has to stay home and paint his toe nails pink for Jeep Beach. :shaking: :D

johnmcd
04-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Sonic - Still up for Sunday?

jku_rubicon
04-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Sonic - Still up for Sunday?

I mentioned coming up Saturday but forgot to mention I would be camping Saturday night and wheeling Sunday also, are you going to be up there Sunday?

Nice Sig, this is on my Jeeps tailgate. :beer:

http://store.ar15.com/store/images/products/MolonLabeSticker.jpg

weaver1371
04-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Man, I wish I was at home I would meet y'all up there!

johnmcd
04-17-2010, 10:08 AM
I mentioned coming up Saturday but forgot to mention I would be camping Saturday night and wheeling Sunday also, are you going to be up there Sunday?

I like the decal! I should be at the outpost around 930 or so.

tkob1060
04-17-2010, 10:22 AM

I like the decal! I should be at the outpost around 930 or so.

are you two sure you are talking about the same sunday? :laughing:

John wtf are you doing getting there so early :thefinger::laughing:

johnmcd
04-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Tim - good point, after reading back through you are right. I hope to go tomorrow morning. No kids so I can be there early.
Probably should figure out a plan for the J10 instead. Anyone going toorrow? Sunday the 18th of April?

jku_rubicon
04-17-2010, 07:08 PM
lol Good catch, I was talking about May 1st and 2nd.

SONIC
04-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Im thinking about it....need to know whether to start drinking or stop drinking now lol
cant decide....

SONIC
04-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Actually just realized its my friends birthday tomorrow and hes throwing a big party tonight, cant miss it.
Sorry guys

johnmcd
04-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Cool, just opened up the black rum. I'll be drooling at 9am.

BlueTJ
04-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Did anyone make it?

SONIC
04-19-2010, 12:29 PM
I ended up passed out on a couch outside by a fire on saturday night....so nope I didnt make it :laughing: :beer:

jku_rubicon
04-21-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm trying to keep this alive, I want to come up May 1st and 2nd but not unless I can link up with one or more of you that will be there to show me around......... so who's going May 1st and 2nd and can I link up with you guys? :bounce:

johnmcd
04-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm trying to keep this alive, I want to come up May 1st and 2nd but not unless I can link up with one or more of you that will be there to show me around......... so who's going May 1st and 2nd and can I link up with you guys? :bounce:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=415620#post415620

Hope to see you there.

sin52
04-27-2010, 07:12 AM

Hope to see you there.

I'm ready to do a run, let me see what I have for this weekend.

*Update*
I'll be there Saturday. Start wheeling around 10:00ish?
Got a PM from Sonic. He's good for Saturday too.
I'm going to start a new thread titled Uwharrie May 1st sign up. Cool?