Bestop Canvas Doors [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Bestop Canvas Doors

PhilD
06-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Put some Bestop Canvas Doors (http://www.trailduty.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=bestop+doors&x=0&y=0) on earlier in the week. Installation si pretty simple and straight forward, although they do need a little messing with to get to fit well.

They are well made and do the job they are supposed to do. With the windows in and zipped up, they get noisy on the freeway and the uppers start to flap around a little.

For driving around locally they are great, and would also be great for carrying with you in the back if the weather is changeable and rain is possible.

For driving to the trail, then throwing in the back, they are ideal and that will be my primary use for them, although I do like driving around with them as half doors.

jocrazy0
06-28-2008, 05:32 AM
Those are really nice! Now the bad part: Thanks a heap creep for making me want them! :lol:

Alec W
06-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Cool. What stinger is that Phil?

PhilD
06-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks a heap creep for making me want them! :lol:Just to make you feel better, I took some more pics this morning ;)

PhilD
06-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Cool. What stinger is that Phil?It's actually a Rugged Ridge stinger on a Pure Jeep bumper, perfect fit, just had to drill/tap the holes for the bolts on the top side of the bumper.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2387

RotorHead
07-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Looking really good Phil. Do you think it would be possible to rig some sort of manual latch for the top of the doors to prevent flapping at highway speed? Maybe some sort of rotating latch you can turn from the inside. These doors are on my list of mods by next summer, but I would really like to use them full time during the warm months.

On a side note, what are the results of the Offroad Heros Soft Top midterm evaluation? You seem to run it primarily. Is it quiet? How long does it take to undress down to the safari top and how does using just the Safari compare to others like Bestop?

Thanks

PhilD
07-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Looking really good Phil. Do you think it would be possible to rig some sort of manual latch for the top of the doors to prevent flapping at highway speed? Maybe some sort of rotating latch you can turn from the inside. With a little times spent adjusting the fit you can get them to work pretty well. If you unzip one window a little they don't flap around at the top.

On a side note, what are the results of the Offroad Heros Soft Top midterm evaluation? You seem to run it primarily. Is it quiet? How long does it take to undress down to the safari top and how does using just the Safari compare to others like Bestop? So far so good. It's a little noisier than the factory soft top, but I like the flexibility of it. Takes just a couple of minutes to remove the rear windows, and then you just have the safari top part. I only really do it when on the trail, as I like my A/C too much :D

RotorHead
07-01-2008, 04:03 PM
I only really do it when on the trail, as I like my A/C too much :D

I thought you fellas from the mother land didn't need no stinking A/C. :thefinger:

PhilD
07-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I thought you fellas from the mother land didn't need no stinking A/C. :thefinger::D :D :D

Back there you don't, but when it's 95-100F outside with 60% humidity every damn day I need it.

RotorHead
07-01-2008, 04:39 PM
I hear you. I know it's hot out that way. I have a lot of family in Texas and have lived several places around DFW and Austin. I was even born at the Air Force Base in Lubbock.

C-rog
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
those look good, your whole jeep looks awesome.

rubirobv
07-05-2008, 05:37 PM
On a side note, anyone notice the dolphin in the first two pics in this thread ?

PhilD
07-07-2008, 08:19 AM
On a side note, anyone notice the dolphin in the first two pics in this thread ?It's a sea gull. We do have dolphins here, but they rarely come that close in to shore.

Alec W
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
It's a sea gull. We do have dolphins here, but they rarely come that close in to shore.
So no flying dolphins either then? :laughing:

BaltChief
07-07-2008, 06:28 PM
With a little times spent adjusting the fit you can get them to work pretty well. If you unzip one window a little they don't flap around at the top.

I love my doors, and another way to prevent flapping is to unzip the back window about 2 inches each side......still keeps rain out and works great.

You have an awsome looking jeep there...

here is mine...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/baltchief/snorkel003.jpg

rubirobv
07-07-2008, 10:01 PM
It's a sea gull. We do have dolphins here, but they rarely come that close in to shore.

Lets just call it a dolphin:blush2:

Bigjerm
07-08-2008, 05:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/baltchief/snorkel003.jpg

quit posting pictures with that snorkel... it makes my list keep growing... Now I want the doors and a snorkel..

PhilD
07-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Lets just call it a dolphin:blush2:Yup. I see it now, it's definitely a dolphin ;)