GOLD MTN for the 4th? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: GOLD MTN for the 4th?

100dollarman
06-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Who would be interested in watching the Big Bear fireworks show from the top of Gold Mountain? BB has an awesome show, and its cool to watch from up there. Not a set plan----just seeing if anyone would come up with us. Lawnchairs and cool sodas.

Anyone???

:beer:

:thefinger:

so_calif_rubi
06-26-2008, 11:08 PM
OMG we're TOTALLY there!!!!!!!!
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
~Richard & Melissa~

MOJAVEGREEN
06-27-2008, 12:24 AM
that sounds like fun for the whole family:beer::thefinger::smokin:

Rollbar13
06-27-2008, 06:24 AM
That does sound great, might have plans already though...will let you know...

RiggerMike
06-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Just depends on if we get back from Reno in time. If the daughters team ends up in the top 32, playoffs are on the 2nd. 32 and higher have playoffs on the third. The schedule is kinda screwy and looks like an art major put it together. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to figure it out. Either way, count us in as a definite possible maybe!

SDMF
06-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Planning to be at the ballgame.

so_calif_rubi
06-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Who would be interested in watching the Big Bear fireworks show from the top of Gold Mountain? BB has an awesome show, and its cool to watch from up there. Not a set plan----just seeing if anyone would come up with us. Lawnchairs and cool sodas.

Anyone???

Gold Mt is so much fun and would be a bonus to have fireworks at nigth,sounds like a great evening:beer::beer::beer:

100dollarman
07-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey guys- We have the newly married Seth and Sue coming up, too. Riggermike hopefully will be in town, SCRubis, and a few other "maybes"

The plan is to get up there a little early and BBQ! Probably something simple like dogs or brats.

Who else is in???:beer:

so_calif_rubi
07-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey guys- We have the newly married Seth and Sue coming up, too. Riggermike hopefully will be in town, SCRubis, and a few other "maybes"

The plan is to get up there a little early and BBQ! Probably something simple like dogs or brats.

Who else is in???:beer:

VERY COOL! Just tell us what to bring. :grinpimp:

What time are we meeting and where?

~Richard & Melissa~

rockcrawl
07-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Sounds like fun and would love to go but I'll be in the OC where the yuppies like SDMF live. :D

SDMF
07-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Sounds like fun and would love to go but I'll be in the OC where the yuppies like SDMF live. :D

Damn skippy. I like living 3.4 miles from the beach. :thefinger:

so_calif_rubi
07-01-2008, 08:32 PM

Oh you Yuppies....You won't have as much fun as we will!!

By the way, did you hear on the news that there's a wild (well, I guess he's not really wild) Chimp on the lose in the SB Forest???? I think 'ol Moe will smell our BBQ and come out of hiding! :grinpimp:
~Melissa~

BOXRCON
07-02-2008, 12:13 AM

Anyone???

What time and where. Got to get the wife in on it. :smokin:

100dollarman
07-02-2008, 11:29 AM
How's this sound-

Meet at the Gold Mtn trail head right near hwy 18 @ 6pm Friday. We will head up to the top and find a good spot to set up by 7ish. Eat, drink, play a little grab-ass, then watch the fireworks at around 9pm.

We'll bring the BBQ, couple packs of Brats, buns, ketchup/mustard. If you want something else, bring it.

Bring your own drinks, chairs, DOGS!!!

If anyone wants to bring chips or whatever...

If you cant make it by 6pm, but still want to go- just head up the GM trail- you'll find us!

OK guys- post up- its gonna be fun!:beer:

Everyone is welcome!!!:bounce:

PUDDLZ
07-02-2008, 02:17 PM
What time and where. Got to get the wife in on it. :smokin:

Be warned HUNDY

BOXERCON has almost NO FEAR ALSO :shocked::beer:

Billy_Goat
07-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Anybody want to do Dishpan springs or something before the fireworks or Saturday morning?

so_calif_rubi
07-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Anybody want to do Dishpan springs or something before the fireworks or Saturday morning?

Ohhhh that sounds like fun!!! What time are you thinking??

so_calif_rubi
07-02-2008, 11:23 PM
How's this sound-

Meet at the Gold Mtn trail head right near hwy 18 @ 6pm Friday. We will head up to the top and find a good spot to set up by 7ish. Eat, drink, play a little grab-ass, then watch the fireworks at around 9pm.

We'll bring the BBQ, couple packs of Brats, buns, ketchup/mustard. If you want something else, bring it.

Bring your own drinks, chairs, DOGS!!!

If anyone wants to bring chips or whatever...

If you cant make it by 6pm, but still want to go- just head up the GM trail- you'll find us!

OK guys- post up- its gonna be fun!:beer:

Everyone is welcome!!!:bounce:

OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKK We'll bring some more brats (not talking about the kids....), some chips, some potato and/or macaroni salad. paper plates, napkins and plastic forks and cold sodas. We're also going to try and find some folding tables....I wonder if Wal-Mart has some.

YAY I'm soooo excited!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/Calif_Princess/MelExcited.jpg

Don't laugh, I am really excited! :p

BOXRCON
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Be warned HUNDY

BOXERCON has almost NO FEAR ALSO :shocked::beer:

PUDDLZ I am a very conservative guy. :massey:

I am 99.9% at this point.

Will be bringing the wife and dogs, they better behave. :mr-t:

Also a few :beer:'s. Then I will have the wife drive home. :grinpimp:

100dollarman
07-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Boston the boxer

100dollarman
07-03-2008, 01:16 PM
OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKK We'll bring some more brats (not talking about the kids....), some chips, some potato and/or macaroni salad. paper plates, napkins and plastic forks and cold sodas. We're also going to try and find some folding tables....I wonder if Wal-Mart has some.

YAY I'm soooo excited!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/Calif_Princess/MelExcited.jpg

Don't laugh, I am really excited! :p

Richard- please put the candy jar up high so Melissa cant get to it.

so_calif_rubi
07-03-2008, 05:19 PM
HAHAHAHA That comes from 3 days solid of study for a US Government final.....My brain exploded...........:bawling::bawling::bawling:
~Melissa~

so_calif_rubi
07-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Boston the boxer

HOW CUTE!!! how come you guys don't ever bring her with you and the little
:chihuahua::chihuahua:?

so_calif_rubi
07-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Current Mods:

1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
2. Cleghorn side step ventilation
3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
4. Goler gas tank skid mod
5. Miscellaneous pin striping
6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)

LOL I love your mods Mike!!! We have some of those too!!!!
~Melissa~

so_calif_rubi
07-03-2008, 05:52 PM

Okay, so are we doing anything before the fireworks/BBQ?

~Richard & Melissa~

Billy_Goat
07-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Okay, so are we doing anything before the fireworks/BBQ?

~Richard & Melissa~

I'd love to do some wheelin while up there. Maybe some one could chime in and give us more info on Dishpan Springs (i.e.) level of difficulty, time required, ect.

Billy_Goat
07-03-2008, 06:16 PM
LOL I love your mods Mike!!! We have some of those too!!!!
~Melissa~

Now I get it. I really thought cleghorn was a parts house
Doh':blush2:

100dollarman
07-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I heard dishpan is closed

so_calif_rubi
07-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I heard dishpan is closed

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww..........:shaking:

So is that a NO then, for doing something before the fireworks at Gold Mt?

~Melissa~

so_calif_rubi
07-03-2008, 09:18 PM

I grew up a few miles from the beach too. Capistrano Beach. :D
I really miss the ocean sometimes.....but I sure love living in the mountains now.:bounce:
~Melissa~

RiggerMike
07-03-2008, 09:48 PM
RiggerMike, Spousal Unit, and two Monkeys will be there. See you at 6pm.
I just got a voicemail from Seth asking about the plan. I called him back and left a message to meet at the Gold Mountain trailhead at 6pm. Ain't technology great????

so_calif_rubi
07-03-2008, 09:53 PM
RiggerMike, Spousal Unit, and two Monkeys will be there. See you at 6pm.

LOL Spousal Unit and 2 Monkey???????? I love that!

~Melissa~

so_calif_rubi
07-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Richard wanted me to ask if anyone is camping up there for the night? He said he thought Hundy put something up in another thread about camping.....?
:confused::confused::confused:
~Richard & Melissa~

RiggerMike
07-03-2008, 10:10 PM
We are heading home the same night as we haven't had time to throw anything together for an overnight.

so_calif_rubi
07-03-2008, 10:18 PM
We are heading home the same night as we haven't had time to throw anything together for an overnight.

Mike I like your avatar....is that a pic of you on the outhouse?!?!?! LOL
:laughing:

Billy_Goat
07-03-2008, 10:22 PM
My clutch or trans started acting up yesterday after descending a long steep paved hill. At the bottom I couldn't get it out of first gear and the motor stalled. It wouldn't go into gear with the motor running so I started it in first and made my way to the freeway and got home. When I got home the problem had disappeared. This morning I had to start it in gear to get moving so something is amiss. I just had the trans fluid changed when they put the locker in last thursday and they said they would have to call and find out what kind of oil it takes so I wonder if they put in the wrong kind. I hope it's just the clutch. I guess I should stay local with it till I know for sho. I think I could wheel it but I don't want to risk it and end up paying a big tow bill. I'll catch up to you guys on the next one. Have fun!:bender:

so_calif_rubi
07-03-2008, 10:27 PM
My clutch or trans started acting up yesterday after descending a long steep paved hill. At the bottom I couldn't get it out of first gear and the motor stalled. It wouldn't go into gear with the motor running so I started it in first and made my way to the freeway and got home. When I got home the problem had disappeared. This morning I had to start it in gear to get moving so something is amiss. I just had the trans fluid changed when they put the locker in last thursday and they said they would have to call and find out what kind of oil it takes so I wonder if they put in the wrong kind. I hope it's just the clutch. I guess I should stay local with it till I know for sho. I'll catch up to you guys on the next one. Have fun!:bender:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Billy!!!!!!!!!! I'll miss you!!!!

Richard said go Center Force or use a clutch out of a Toyota diesel, but you might have to change the fly wheel if you use the Toy diesel clutch (it's out of the 1 ton trucks).

I sure wish you could come.
:bawling::bawling::bawling:
~Melissa~

BOXRCON
07-03-2008, 10:39 PM
:usa: We are in. The wife is a go. PUDDLZ should I bring extra fire extinguishers :shaking:

Here are my K9's. The bottom one we picked up in Fontucky a week ago. His first jeep trip, we are getting him ready to adopt.

Harriett

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/chaddiercks/Sequoia%20NP/DSC02104Small.jpg

OZZIE

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/chaddiercks/Sequoia%20NP/IMG_1461Small.jpg

Otis
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/chaddiercks/Sequoia%20NP/DSC02123cropSmall.jpg

100dollarman
07-03-2008, 10:51 PM
LOL Spousal Unit and 2 Monkey???????? I love that!

~Melissa~

No... Melissa- he REALLY has 2 monkeys! Kinda like we have 2 dogs.....he has MONKEYS! Its the weirdest thing to see! Last time I saw Mike he was trying to teach one to drive!!!;)

He uses them in movies and stuff and they are very well trained----almost human! I know that he taught one to shoot a gun!

:shaking:

100dollarman
07-03-2008, 10:53 PM
My clutch or trans started acting up yesterday after descending a long steep paved hill. At the bottom I couldn't get it out of first gear and the motor stalled. It wouldn't go into gear with the motor running so I started it in first and made my way to the freeway and got home. When I got home the problem had disappeared. This morning I had to start it in gear to get moving so something is amiss. I just had the trans fluid changed when they put the locker in last thursday and they said they would have to call and find out what kind of oil it takes so I wonder if they put in the wrong kind. I hope it's just the clutch. I guess I should stay local with it till I know for sho. I think I could wheel it but I don't want to risk it and end up paying a big tow bill. I'll catch up to you guys on the next one. Have fun!:bender:

Billy- you suck.

BOXRCON
07-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Boston the boxer

Nice Hundy. They are all the same. :shaking: Lookin forward to getting out.

You said Dishpan is closed, is this recent, we did it a month or two ago.

100dollarman
07-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Nice Hundy. They are all the same. :shaking: Lookin forward to getting out.

You said Dishpan is closed, is this recent, we did it a month or two ago.

Boston is my sons dog. Sleeps with her eyes open an tongue hanging out!

AK said its closed from the fires. He usually knows what he is talking about,,,,but he COULD be full of $hit! Are you sure you were on dishpan?

Glad you are coming out tomorrow!

100dollarman
07-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Richard wanted me to ask if anyone is camping up there for the night? He said he thought Hundy put something up in another thread about camping.....?
:confused::confused::confused:
~Richard & Melissa~

We were thinking of packing very minimal for overnite just in case we decide too- maybe a couple of pillows and blankets. Not an exact plan, but want to be prepared! It will probably be very nice out.

so_calif_rubi
07-04-2008, 09:24 AM
:usa: We are in. The wife is a go. PUDDLZ should I bring extra fire extinguishers :shaking:

Here are my K9's. The bottom one we picked up in Fontucky a week ago. His first jeep trip, we are getting him ready to adopt.

Harriett

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/chaddiercks/Sequoia%20NP/DSC02104Small.jpg

OZZIE

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/chaddiercks/Sequoia%20NP/IMG_1461Small.jpg

Otis
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/chaddiercks/Sequoia%20NP/DSC02123cropSmall.jpg

How cute!!! I love your doggies! Are you going to be bringing them?? And where's Fontucky?

Do you run a rescue? Several years ago I worked in the office of a shelter and I would bring the pregnant mommies-to-be home to have their puppies. It was a great experience, I really enjoyed it. :innocent::innocent::innocent:
~Melissa~

so_calif_rubi
07-04-2008, 09:26 AM
No... Melissa- he REALLY has 2 monkeys! Kinda like we have 2 dogs.....he has MONKEYS! Its the weirdest thing to see! Last time I saw Mike he was trying to teach one to drive!!!;)

He uses them in movies and stuff and they are very well trained----almost human! I know that he taught one to shoot a gun!

:shaking:

OMG that's funny!!!!!!!!! I think.................... LMAO *scratching my head wondering if there really IS going to be monkeys there*

RiggerMike
07-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Monkeys, or more correctly pronounced "Minkeys" as per Chief Inspector Clouseau. They can be lot's of fun, but can also be dangerous when given access to anything mechanical. The smaller of the two made Hundy run away in fear of his life when she drove the jeep through a mud hole he was standing near. Here he was just trying to be nice and capture photos of the simian jeep driver and she tried to kill him. Very dangerous creatures.

100dollarman
07-04-2008, 10:21 AM
"I have cheated death many times"

some insist on having them as pets- these are WILD animals, people!
Mike, please try to keep the feces throwing to a minimum tonite. (did I just go there?:devil:)

:beer:tonite!

so_calif_rubi
07-04-2008, 11:27 AM
The smaller of the two made Hundy run away in fear of his life when she drove the jeep through a mud hole he was standing near.

OMG she wasn't driving a Land Rover dressed as Ned Fladers last weekend, was she? :grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:
~Melissa~

so_calif_rubi
07-04-2008, 11:29 AM
"I have cheated death many times"

some insist on having them as pets- these are WILD animals, people!
Mike, please try to keep the feces throwing to a minimum tonite. (did I just go there?:devil:)

:beer:tonite!

Sooooooo what kind of monkeys are they? Are you REALLY going to bring them???? Ohhhhh I want to see them!!!
~Melissa~

Woods
07-04-2008, 11:40 AM

You going to show up in a JK on the next run?:)

Everybody have fun tonight.

If Puddlz goes, make sure he doesn't leave anybody on the mountain.

Our hearts will be in the mountains and our bodies will be at the beach

RiggerMike
07-04-2008, 12:34 PM

Dang, I was hoping you would come along. I still have a pair of your gloves that I need to return! :shaking:

RiggerMike
07-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Sooooooo what kind of monkeys are they? Are you REALLY going to bring them???? Ohhhhh I want to see them!!!
~Melissa~

The worst kind! The big one will eat you out of house and home, and the little one, when not trying to run you over, will beat you at chess and then laugh at you. Never turn your back on them!

so_calif_rubi
07-04-2008, 01:22 PM

Oh you O C people and your beaches!! ;)

By the way.....this ("- Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit -") is MUCH needed and good idea, if you haven't seen this thread LOL:
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24743#post24743
:D

~Melissa~

so_calif_rubi
07-04-2008, 01:23 PM
The worst kind! The big one will eat you out of house and home, and the little one, when not trying to run you over, will beat you at chess and then laugh at you. Never turn your back on them!

That is SO cute! What is their names?

100dollarman
07-04-2008, 03:14 PM
The kids are ready to go!:chihuahua::chihuahua::chihuahua:

PUDDLZ
07-04-2008, 06:53 PM

QUOTE UNQUOTE

Ask Boxercon, as a matter of fact he was one of the two of us who got stuck in the SNOW that trip FYI.:laughing:

100dollarman
07-05-2008, 12:35 AM
FIRST ONES BACK! :thefinger:

JKTyrant
07-05-2008, 02:00 AM
To those not working tonight :thefinger::thefinger:

Billy_Goat
07-05-2008, 02:28 AM
FIRST ONES BACK! :thefinger:

Yeah Yeah

Must be nice living so close to such a cool area.
:bender:

RiggerMike
07-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Got back way too late to hit the computer...:thefinger:
It was a great trip with with only minor damage to my already damaged passenger side plastic step. I managed to get stuck once when I backed up to get a better line and hung my rear diff on a downed tree. Richard kindly pulled me off of it. Thanks Richard, I owe you one!
It was great meeting some folks, although with how quickly the buffet was set up, you would think we had all done this together before. :beer:
Thanks to Mark, Michelle, Seth, Susan, Richard, Melissa, Chad, Aspen, Billy, all the dogs, and the scorpion for a great trip. :beer::beer:

rockcrawl
07-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Got back way too late to hit the computer...:thefinger:
It was a great trip with with only minor damage to my already damaged passenger side plastic step. I managed to get stuck once when I backed up to get a better line and hung my rear diff on a downed tree. Richard kindly pulled me off of it. Thanks Richard, I owe you one!
It was great meeting some folks, although with how quickly the buffet was set up, you would think we had all done this together before. :beer:
Thanks to Mark, Michelle, Seth, Susan, Richard, Melissa, Chad, Aspen, Billy, all the dogs, and the scorpion for a great trip. :beer::beer:

No excuse. We need pictures NOW.

100dollarman
07-05-2008, 10:09 AM
No excuse. We need pictures NOW.

haha- I am working on it!

Hey guys- great trip! I am starting a thread for our pics in "trip reports"-

Post up!:beer:

BOXRCON
07-05-2008, 12:13 PM
haha- I am working on it!

Hey guys- great trip! I am starting a thread for our pics in "trip reports"-

Post up!:beer:

Looking forward to the pictures.

We had a great time. :D

Puddlz, I thought you were going to make it?? :stirthepot:

RiggerMike
07-06-2008, 12:56 PM
I fixed the cheapo side step yesterday. Broke out the plastic welder and put all the pieces back close to their original places. Looks ok, but I really need rails.

so_calif_rubi
07-06-2008, 01:06 PM
I fixed the cheapo side step yesterday. Broke out the plastic welder and put all the pieces back close to their original places. Looks ok, but I really need rails.

Hey Mike,check this out,http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24894#post24894
my wife is dieing for you to see it,lol

RiggerMike
07-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey Mike,check this out,http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24894#post24894
my wife is dieing for you to see it,lol

Is that the video of my step exploding? It made an awesome sound!
It was kinda fun putting it back together, I got it pretty close to normal. :beer: