part # needed [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: part # needed

07_Rubi
06-19-2008, 08:51 AM
does anybody have a part # or exact name for the plastic skid plate that protects the sway bar?

YmansJK
06-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Really? You actually want the plastic one. I have thrown 3 away already from customers cause they are junk. I would be the metal from mopar or skidrow or pick up a used one for free from someone who doesn't want it at all.

SDMF
06-19-2008, 08:59 AM
I think that's actually an air dam and not a skid plate. If you post up in the wanted section I'm sure someone has one laying around they'll give ya. :beer:

07_Rubi
06-19-2008, 09:21 AM
is this the skidrow skid you are talking about?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12529_400.htm

i was thinking about getting it but it's hard to tell if it covers the sway bar disconnect motor...
also, i don't know if it will work with the mopar bumper

NE Wrangling
06-19-2008, 09:27 AM

i was thinking about getting it but it's hard to tell if it covers the sway bar disconnect motor...

Do you want mine? I have it still in the garage and was going to bring to the dump this weekend. How about $195.00 instead of the skidrow one. Just kidding, You pay the shipping and I'll send it out. All it does is deflect air so if you plan to keep this, I'd suggest getting as many as you can grab if you wheel.

Alec W
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
All they do is save .0002 MPH or something. I put mine in the trash the night I got my JK home :D

nam6869usmc
06-19-2008, 05:32 PM
is this the skidrow skid you are talking about[/SIZE]? http://www.quadratec.com/products/12529_400.htm

Yes, that's my JK very early on....I also have mine that you can have, but TX...just a little to far.

YmansJK
06-20-2008, 08:34 AM

Yeah thats it. To make it work with the mopar bumper you may need to drill a few holes in the bottom. I thought mopar had a metal skid for their bumper. You may want to check into that but skidrow will be cheaper.

07_Rubi
06-23-2008, 08:48 PM
well....seems like the skid row skid is just for looks - doesn't really protect anything. either i'll go with the mopar or build my own.

YmansJK
06-24-2008, 09:03 AM
The skidrow one mounts to the same place as the airdam and protects the swaybar motor. It does go all the way back to the crossmember under the front bumper. Sorry thought that was clear. Get the skidrow one and you will be happy. I hope.

07_Rubi
06-24-2008, 10:49 AM
thanks for the info! does anybody have a good pic of that skid-row skid plate?

venom
07-15-2008, 11:59 AM
when the spam bots hit, PLEASE don't quote them in a reply!
All this does is make a backup copy of their post so it gets left behind when the mods delete their post and ban them:pissed:

StubEXrube
07-15-2008, 01:06 PM
I am just east of Austin....yer welcome to pick mine up if youre close by...My girlfriend is always happy to see xtra jeep parts go byebye...REPLY if you still need it, and Ill set it out for ya...or if youll be at long ranch (end of july), then i could give it to ya there...(BTW...it really IS a POS)

terrahawk
07-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Expedition One makes a stell skid that will protect your disco motor and will also savea little ground clearance (that front cross member gets removed)

ColinW
07-21-2008, 10:47 AM
If you plan to keep the stock bumper, I would definately keep that air dam on, but like other said you may want to stock up on them if you wheel. The reason that you want to keep it on is that 1. it really does make a difference in hwy fuel economy according to Chrysler engineers and 2. It helps keep the engine cool by creating a low pressure area behind the radiator allowing air to pass through the fins better.