Turkey Bay OHV 3-20-2010 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Turkey Bay OHV 3-20-2010

Ballistic JK
02-03-2010, 03:41 PM
There will be some Mid TN JK's heading up to KY for a ride on the first day of spring 3-20-2010. We will be doing mostly easy to moderate trails and will make sure there is a bypass on any difficult trials we do. The trails are located in the Land between the Lakes National Recreation Area in KY. Turkey Bay has approximately 100 miles of OHV trails which cover a variety of terrain. LBL is located east of Cadiz KY off of I-24 approximately 90 miles from Nashville. This is an open invite to all JkOwners. More details to follow as we get closer to the date.
We have 12 confirmed going as of 2-12 and will be doing two groups
Group 1 - light to moderate
Group 2 - modetate to heavy
Where
Turkey Bay OHV, LBL KY
http://www.lbl.org/OHVTrails.html
Meet in the parking lot just past the sign in shack
When
3/20/2010 @ 9am
Sign in and meet 9:00-9:30
Ride 9:30 until done, late afternoon-dark
Mid TN Convoy Meeting Place
TBD
Cost
Trail permit is $15 per vehicle
(Valid for 3 consecutive days from date of purchase.)
Requirements
Minimum one front and one rear tow points
Tow strap with no metal hooks
CB is strongly recommended. If you don't have one try to borrow a hand held.
Misc. information
Bring drinks, snacks and lunch
Other items to consider bringing are:
Camera- to post pictures of the ride
chair or blanket for lunch stop
first aid kit, tool kit
insect repellent, sunblock, toilet paper, trash bag
Rain jacket , warm clothing, hiking boots
Weather
Turkey Bay can be closed due to weather related issues. If the weather has been bad in the days leading up to the ride you should check this thread or call 270-924-2000 for updated trail closure information. The forest service will determine if the trail condition are bad enough for closure. Just because it's raining or has rained doesn't mean they will close the trails.

ripsnort88
02-03-2010, 03:53 PM
i really hope to make this ride. i promised myself i would make it to more places to go wheelin' this year. i've got about four or five places i want to ride at this year and turkey bay is one of them. might have to bring the tent. can't wait!

Ballistic JK
02-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Turkey Bay is great place to ride and LBL is a Beautiful place to visit. It would be great to get some of you East TN guys on this ride. I know JKChad wants to do this ride and he's in Knoxville. I’m getting some local KY guys to be our guides for the day. One of them is even a Jeep Jamboree guide so this will be a great opportunity to check out the trails.

ripsnort88
02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
mapquest has me at 4.5hrs away(knoxville area). i'll get there friday night and leave sunday. looking like a great time.

Ballistic JK
02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if we had several camping. Not sure what we’ll be doing but will probably be driving up early that morning. It’s still a little early in the season for my wife to camp.

Ballistic JK
02-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Anyone else interested. If you live anywhere close you don't want to miss out, right now we have 12 Jeeps confirmed going and 8 maybes. We will be splitting up into two groups, light to moderate and moderate to heavy.

xtreme rc
03-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Anyone else going to this. We have about 40 jeeps signed up so far over on www.itsajeep.org I will be one of the trail guides for this event. Turkey Bay is a great location. Even if it rains the trails still aren't that bad. See everyone there.