Im Hur!!!! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Im Hur!!!!

Caboose
10-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, most of you know me.

Glad to see i'll still talk to this cool bunch

JK-Forums banned me after sending the link to this site do 2 members, but its all cool.

this is where the good people are at :beer:

To those of you who DON't know me

My name is Brian, im soon to be 19

Leaving for USAF BMT on DEC 4th
Might get my Jeep right after techschool, but Right now I'm thinking of volunteering for deployment just to see the world first.

JK ETA 6 mo - 1 year

MichaelW
10-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the forums and WELCOME to the FREE WORLD!

Congrats on your future service.... see the world. :smokin:

AZCA jeeper
10-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Holy smokes!!! they banned you!!! That suck...I guess.:laughing:

Anywho, welcome aboard. Good to have you here.:D

nam6869usmc
10-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Welcome Caboose,...ya I know you, that site over there might be made up of just "his" chosen few when it's all said & done. What sad little group that'll be:shaking:

Caboose
10-03-2007, 02:18 PM
is it His site primarely?

what about all the other Admins?

nam6869usmc
10-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Pretty sure it's his,...he makes a point in telling you that(all the time)....he just has some "Hardecore" followers....

FzyPChz
10-03-2007, 03:09 PM
I know that screen name well!! Hi Caboose! You have a sh*tload of posts at the other forum! Sorry to hear about your 'banning'...it really sucks that people are being banned at such a fast rate these days...I hope I don't get banned just for starting to post on this forum...:shaking:

MJS_Jeep_888
10-03-2007, 03:20 PM
I know that screen name well!! Hi Caboose! You have a sh*tload of posts at the other forum! Sorry to hear about your 'banning'...it really sucks that people are being banned at such a fast rate these days...I hope I don't get banned just for starting to post on this forum...:shaking:

Funny timing that you wrote that, Peaches... I actually just PM'd a Moderator over there today, asking if my membership here would be considered "treason" against their site. Basically, I was asking for the opinion of the Mod team and the Admins.

I don't have anything against the other forum, and in fact, have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Having said that, I'm an honest person and I'm not going to "sneak around" - I'm letting them know what I'm doing, and hoping that they don't have a problem with it.

Haven't gotten any response yet, but I'm curious to read what they respond with... hopefully it's not a banning! :bawling:

FzyPChz
10-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Definitely keep me posted MJS! I'm also a member of Jeepforum.com and JK-Boards.com, so I'm just an all around Jeep forum whore...I go where there is Jeep information available. I certainly hope WOL and the mods there don't have a problem w/ our other affiliations...

Caboose
10-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Funny timing that you wrote that, Peaches... I actually just PM'd a Moderator over there today, asking if my membership here would be considered "treason" against their site. Basically, I was asking for the opinion of the Mod team and the Admins.

I don't have anything against the other forum, and in fact, have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Having said that, I'm an honest person and I'm not going to "sneak around" - I'm letting them know what I'm doing, and hoping that they don't have a problem with it.

Haven't gotten any response yet, but I'm curious to read what they respond with... hopefully it's not a banning! :bawling:

Buddy... They Don't Own you.

BigO
10-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the site Caboose. I recognize your name from JK Forum. Seems to be more of us coming over here every day.

Funny...that was my first thought too.

MJS_Jeep_888
10-03-2007, 06:06 PM

Of course they don't own me. However, I've been a very active member of their forum for almost a year, and have given and received a lot of knowledge on that site... so it's kind of a mutual respect kind of situation, you know?

Caboose
10-03-2007, 06:35 PM
So have I, Rupedog, .. well... All of these members and look what happened.

Anyway.. Just putting that up there... Free country ya know :)

Rupedog
10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the freeworld there Caboose. Yep, this site has grown alot in the last couple of days. I think it's a great site. So you got nailed by speaking out in a private mesg. too. Yep, me to, not to private are they. lol

BigO
10-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the freeworld there Caboose. Yep, this site has grown alot in the last couple of days. I think it's a great site. So you got nailed by speaking out in a private mesg. too. Yep, me to, not to private are they. lol

Didn't you guys know? The P in PM stands for "ProofThatINeedToBanYou". ;)

gcg
10-03-2007, 09:40 PM

It's just ridiculous that they've set up a site where someone feels they might be banned just because they post at another site. I mean, just read that sentence and it says it all. I've never heard anything like it before. Those guys are way out of touch with reality. The huge influx of new members to this site over the past week are the inevitable results of such heavy handed, adolescent, paranoid and controlling site managment.

gcg
10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
It seems way beyond unethical to me that a moderator would read someone's private messages. If anyone did that to you in any other situation, you would be angry beyond belief. Why anyone would not just resign from the site once they found out that that's what the moderators are doing is simply beyond me.

Caboose
10-04-2007, 09:28 AM
The admin in that site has a corn up his butt for some reason, he flagged the site name to come up everywhere it was mentioned

MJS_Jeep_888
10-04-2007, 09:56 AM
The admin in that site has a corn up his butt for some reason, he flagged the site name to come up everywhere it was mentioned

Not taking sides here, but I'll fill in that reason for you: You have a bunch of people that used to belong to his site coming over here and insulting him :thefinger: - so I think it became personal with him. :shocked: Again, not taking sides, just trying to fill in the picture for you. :smokin:

gcg
10-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Not taking sides here, but I'll fill in that reason for you: You have a bunch of people that used to belong to his site coming over here and insulting him :thefinger: - so I think it became personal with him. :shocked: Again, not taking sides, just trying to fill in the picture for you. :smokin:
It was personal with him long before everyone started leaving. In fact, that's exactly the reason they all started leaving. Treat people like children, abuse them, try to control their every move and, hey, surprise, they find something better. No one has to put up with the crap if they don't want to.

Caboose
10-04-2007, 10:32 AM
I'll miss HappyC tho :beer:

And All I said in those PM's was:

AZCAJEEPER sends this:

http:// www. jkowners. com/

FzyPChz
10-04-2007, 10:43 AM

AZCAJEEPER sends this:

HappyC is my favorite moderator...he seems like a really nice guy and has been very helpful.

gcg
10-04-2007, 11:06 AM
HappyC is my favorite moderator...he seems like a really nice guy and has been very helpful.
Well, invite him over here!

MichaelW
10-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Well, invite him over here!:nuke:
I think this has already proven to be detrimental to your status over there. :crybaby2:

MJS_Jeep_888
10-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Well, invite him over here!

I wouldn't recommend that any JK-Forum members that want to STAY JK-Forum members invite someone over here. Granted, this is a great forum and all, but they don't take too kindly to trying to lure people away to their competition. :)

Happy C is great, and I'll say this: He and I spoke via PM a little while ago, and at the risk of putting words in his mouth: he doesn't seem to hate this site or everyone in it... he is, however, a bit upset that some people are really talking smack about JK-Forum and giving a modified account of the reason that they're not members anymore, without fessing up that they had a prominent hand in getting themselves banned. He didn't mention any names, of course. :bender: <- What the hell does this symbol mean? I have no clue, but I like it!

On the other hand, the one moderator over there that I truly hate is... I'm just kidding. :grinpimp:

Also, from responses I got from WOL and the crew, no one's upset that I'm in both forums. They know me well enough to know that I'm not going to stab them in the back or partake in any Eddie & Co bash-sessions. :beer::innocent:

Caboose
10-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm not talking **** about the forums...Just the Main Admin :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

MJS_Jeep_888
10-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm not talking **** about the forums...Just the Main Admin :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Fair enough - but you didn't answer my question :flipoff: :laughing:
:null:
What's the hell does this goat-reindeer-deer-mixture symbol mean? :bender:
:null:

OnlyInMyJeep
10-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Folks no one cares how many sites you belong to. I am pretty sure no one cares if you bash someone from there here. I know they care if you advertise this or any other site using posts, mails or PM's originating from that site. I post here and there freely and without care. I will say I am not about to participate in Eddie bashing or bashing his site here because if I had a problem with him or one of his moderators I would do the right thing and take it up with him personally in a PM. I think many of you feel that you did no wrong, you were not at fault, and your crap does not stink. That said I am not defending Eddie as a PM should be just that private and you should be able to say anything in one however using them to invite others to join another site is a violation of the rules he has posted which should red flag from the start he (or someone) else reads them. BTW how pissed off would one of you be if here we talked about you like a friend yet via e-mail we bashed you and you found out? And before the negativity starts some of the biggest Eddie Haters admit they knowingly broke the rules yet still feel he wronged them in some way.
Before you flame me recall I am flame retardent and don't care what you think about me personally. I also admit there is a lot wrong at the other site but then agian there is here as well like for instance what do we need a Smilie flipping folks off for?

MJS_Jeep_888
10-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Before you flame me recall I am flame retardent and don't care what you think about me personally. I also admit there is a lot wrong at the other site but then agian there is here as well like for instance what do we need a Smilie flipping folks off for?

:thefinger::flipoff::thefinger::flipoff:

I would say that said smilies exist for just such an occasion, where someone claims that they're above caring about the opinions of others, and goes even further to say that they're a flaming retard!

:flipoff::thefinger::flipoff::thefinger:

<j/k> :laughing2:

gcg
10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't recommend that any JK-Forum members that want to STAY JK-Forum members invite someone over here. Granted, this is a great forum and all, but they don't take too kindly to trying to lure people away to their competition. :)

Happy C is great, and I'll say this: He and I spoke via PM a little while ago, and at the risk of putting words in his mouth: he doesn't seem to hate this site or everyone in it... he is, however, a bit upset that some people are really talking smack about JK-Forum and giving a modified account of the reason that they're not members anymore, without fessing up that they had a prominent hand in getting themselves banned. He didn't mention any names, of course. :bender: <- What the hell does this symbol mean? I have no clue, but I like it!

On the other hand, the one moderator over there that I truly hate is... I'm just kidding. :grinpimp:

Also, from responses I got from WOL and the crew, no one's upset that I'm in both forums. They know me well enough to know that I'm not going to stab them in the back or partake in any Eddie & Co bash-sessions. :beer::innocent:
It just keeps amazing me, over and over. I sometimes wonder if people actually think about what they are writing. The internet is the most democratic institution we have going on the face of this planet. You are free to browse any site you please. I'll say it again. You are free to browse any site you please. There are no restrictions.

To have a site even imply to its users that if they visit another site, post a link to it, mention it in a PRIVATE message, then they are subject to being banned is right out of the dark ages. It's almost cult mentality in my opinion. Why anyone would defend this is beyond me. Why anyone would put up with it is beyond me. I would simply quit, as I did, and refuse to support such a controlling and backwards approach.

For a site to go to the extreme of snooping through people's PRIVATE messages to see if they're talking bad about someone or posting a link to, of all things, another web site, is far beyond ethical and indicates a real paranoia. You wouldn't put up with that under almost any other set of circumstances. Why people would put up with it at a 4 wheel drive web site is beyond me.

As for me, I asked to be removed because I couldn't tolerate the dishonesty in Mr. Ed's posts. I heard later through a post on this site that he apparently posted something saying I was banned for being a pimp. First, I asked to be removed (but he probably removed that post because I was very critical of him). Second, I'm not a pimp for anyone and have no associations with any business in the 4 wheel industry, so that was just plain wrong and dishonest of him. Further, according to the post in this forum, he apparently implied that I was a pimp because I was constantly searching for one company [I leave it to you to figure out the twisted logic in that one]. Yet another lie. I can remember searching for a couple of things on the forum that were of interest to me as I was modifying my Jeep. Period. To imply anything else is, again, wrong, dishonest, self serving and paranoid.

Mr. Ed seems to be confused on the purpose of his site. It's not about him. It's not a popularity contest. It's not a cult. It's about offering an outlet for the free exchange of information. I give him credit for having put up a great site. However, he is simply ruining it with his management, which is a shame. The huge number of people that are leaving, and all with similar stated reasons, indicate a growing dissatisfaction with his approach.

dayton1999
10-04-2007, 02:10 PM
When y'all finally get done with the "bash Eddie" posts let me know, I'll come back to talk Jeep. And if that's not clear enough, then let me just say: let it go already. You have a board with a ton of members that only want to freely exchange info... why is it necessary to waste any more time bashing someone who isn't here?

No more drama... :bounce:

Rupedog
10-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Nothing wrong with venting or debating as long as it stays friendly.

Caboose
10-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Well, I'm angry that I didn't get a warning or even "probation", just a straight out ban.
Oh well.. :shaking:

kris
10-04-2007, 06:12 PM
What's the hell does this goat-reindeer-deer-mixture symbol mean? :bender:

Thats Bender... Hence the name "bender".

;)

kris.

AZCA jeeper
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM

AZCAJEEPER sends this:

LOL That's not what you were supposed to do!!! You were supposed to get their contact info, because I was unable to at the time. :rolleyes:

Oh well, thanks for trying. But you weren't supposed to get yourself banned over it, remember?
Now I feel guilty.

Caboose
10-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Just give me your wallet and well call it even :laughing:

AZCA jeeper
10-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Just give me your wallet and well call it even :laughing:

Let's see, seventy.....seventy three cents, a sticker of a cool car, and a button? Oh and my license, but you don't get that. I'm sure you look nothing like me.

Tall, well built, blonde hair, blue eyes, totally handsome, eye candy for the ladies.:laughing::D

Btw, did you know your nose never stops growing. I don't have a big nose though. Just a random fact. I think I'll do one everyday.

Caboose
10-04-2007, 09:04 PM
hmmmm..... :shaking:, Thats all :thefinger: