Mossberg JIC II [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Mossberg JIC II

oZmonKey
01-30-2010, 05:51 AM
new generation of zombie/apocalypse gear by mossberg:

http://www.mossberg.com/images/home/HomePage_JIC_II.jpg

guinness
01-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Id hate to have to put one together w/ the zeds chasin my slow ass.
Didnt the original come in a tube and came put together?

oZmonKey
01-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Id hate to have to put one together w/ the zeds chasin my slow ass.
Didnt the original come in a tube and came put together?

Yep, but this one will stash somewhere easier I guess.

venom
01-30-2010, 08:05 AM
just from looking at the pic, it looks like it would fit diagonally in that case if it were assembled?
I dunno, neat idea but kinda doesn't really make sense

Topkicker
03-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I don't get it. "Wait. Let me unzip my case, put my 12ga together, and then load it". Why not just sell the gun put together and give you a simmilar carrying case? I bought a short barrel Moss 500 with a regular stock and then went to Cabalas and bought a tactical pistol grip and a soft case for it. Got the whole package for about $400. They sell a case just for a pistol grip shotgun. http://www.cabelas.com/p-0005620210798a.shtml

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab70/Topkicker/moss500.jpg

RobertJK
03-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I believe the design of this was for discrete cary. Sorta like if yo want to take it from the jeep into your office and not scare the sheep silly, or in something that screams [B][U]GUN[B][U]. Or if you walking in a croded street etc. and want something bigger then your CCW pistol but cant cary a long gun... viola shotty in a bag.
This is also good if you need to bug out and want to be armed but not have people eyeing you or your weapon... It has a place, but... not for everyone.

It was not intended for immediate use but as an option of discrete cary. To have it with you hiding in plain sight.
Your riding down the road on your motorcycle of choice what dose the public and law see? a back pack/luggage/etc. Sling a shotty over your back and then go for a ride, let me know how that turns out for ya.

GreenAmphibious
03-10-2010, 06:55 PM
I bought a short barrel Moss 500 with a regular stock and then went to Cabalas and bought a tactical pistol grip and a soft case for it. Got the whole package for about $400.
ouch! the 500 is supposed to come with both grips and only runs $250 most places

I by anything and everything through hoffgun.com do it!

I believe the design of this was for discrete cary. Sorta like if yo want to take it from the jeep into your office and not scare the sheep silly, or in something that screams [B][U]GUN[B][U]. Or if you walking in a croded street etc. and want something bigger then your CCW pistol but cant cary a long gun... viola shotty in a bag.
This is also good if you need to bug out and want to be armed but not have people eyeing you or your weapon... It has a place, but... not for everyone.

It was not intended for immediate use but as an option of discrete cary. To have it with you hiding in plain sight.
Your riding down the road on your motorcycle of choice what dose the public and law see? a back pack/luggage/etc. Sling a shotty over your back and then go for a ride, let me know how that turns out for ya.

what would the point in any of that be???

RobertJK
03-11-2010, 04:25 PM
ouch! the 500 is supposed to come with both grips and only runs $250 most places

I by anything and everything through hoffgun.com do it!

what would the point in any of that be???

Mostly for the "tin foil hatters", same ones wanting a "Tommy Gun" in a violin case, etc. I dont judge:grinpimp:
Basicly a sales strategy to a niche' clientle.

GreenAmphibious
03-11-2010, 04:47 PM
:laughing::beer:

tank
03-11-2010, 05:37 PM
I have the Mossberg 500 Cruiser in this link. its great all around gun for camping. and I keep it loaded with less than lethal rounds for the house. It makes my wife sleep better when I'm away for long periods of time. If if was up to me i would have 00 buck in it. but the hippies in this state would fry me with premeditated if i shoot a bad guy in my house with it.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh03-e.htm