Poison Spyder [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Poison Spyder

Prope
06-13-2008, 06:22 AM
What's going on with them? Are they going under or what?

My dad ordered some 2 door rockers in late February and last night we found out they have been delayed for another 8 weeks.

I was going to order some for my 4 door but if it's going to take that long I'm going to look at other avenues.

tgrt
06-13-2008, 06:32 AM
Wow. That leadtime makes Shrockworks lead times look good! If Shrockworks is listening this jab is all in love. :)

jdemonto
06-13-2008, 07:22 AM
They have been delayed for the last year or so, Its seems that they need to expand to handle the extra business?? I ordered some LJ rock rails for a customer 6 weeks is what to expect

Jason

Prope
06-13-2008, 12:11 PM
LOL, we'd be happy with 6 weeks. If we wait until their "supposed" delivery date it'll be 6 months!
I think he may cancel but it's hard to find another rocker that can be a step and keep the mud to a minimum while on the trails.
I really like the red rock fab ones, but he needs them to be a step so my mom can get into the jeep also(she's only 5'). He's tired of listening to her say I can't get in this stupid thing! I'll probably be in the same position when I order some since my wife is only 5' 1".

nightmare73
06-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Look at the Rockhard sliders. They keep the mud off and act as a step and are very sturdy. 10 weeks ago I ordered the Brawler bumper from Poison Spyder for my unlimited JK and now am told it will be another 10-12 weeks. I canceled my order and orderd the
shrockworks bumper.

Prope
06-15-2008, 06:54 AM
Those bolt to the body though correct? I didn't mind that on my TJ and went with AtoZ as I already damaged the rockers on it, but my JK I'm trying to avoid that. And I know my dad would never drill into perfectly good paint!

Thanks for the idea though!

luigi0523
06-15-2008, 08:43 AM
What's going on with them? Are they going under or what?

My dad ordered some 2 door rockers in late February and last night we found out they have been delayed for another 8 weeks.

I was going to order some for my 4 door but if it's going to take that long I'm going to look at other avenues.

Have you ever seen the TREKs boatside sliders? Available for 2 & 4dr. http://www.gotreks.com
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/gallery/files/4/4/6/RR017640x48013.jpg[/URL]

RotorHead
06-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Look at the Rockhard sliders. They keep the mud off and act as a step and are very sturdy. 10 weeks ago I ordered the Brawler bumper from Poison Spyder for my unlimited JK and now am told it will be another 10-12 weeks. I canceled my order and orderd the
shrockworks bumper.

I was also considering the Poison Spyder Brawler Bumper, but decided to go with the Red Rock Fab Prerunner. I couldn't be happier. I like the Schrock also, but you may want to take a look at this. I ordered and had the bumper in less than one week.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18988

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/SeminoleMike/Red%20Rock%20Fab/P5200079.jpg

Prope
06-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Have you ever seen the TREKs boatside sliders? Available for 2 & 4dr. http://www.gotreks.com
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/gallery/files/4/4/6/RR017640x48013.jpg[/URL]

Wow, I like those, protection all the way back to the frame.

Are these the guys that used to be T&T Customs, if so I really like their suspension for the TJ, a guy I wheel with has one of the first(I think) long arms for D60s they made! Quality.

How far do the stick out from the side? Enough to keep the doors from smacking trees when you slide off stuff?

luigi0523
06-15-2008, 11:09 AM

Are these the guys that used to be T&T Customs, if so I really like their suspension for the TJ, a guy I wheel with has one of the first(I think) long arms for D60s they made! Quality.

How far do the stick out from the side? Enough to keep the doors from smacking trees when you slide off stuff?

Still T&T but the product line is now TREKs. The sliders are about 1.5" - 2" out from the body, I think Bob offers a add on bar also. Very nice stuff.

Prope
06-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Still T&T but the product line is now TREKs. The sliders are about 1.5" - 2" out from the body, I think Bob offers a add on bar also. Very nice stuff.

Cool, those just bumped to the top of my list if he offers an add on bar! I really like the coverage all the way back to the frame.

I assume we need to call to check about the bar? I didn't see it on his website yet.

Red Rock 4x4
06-16-2008, 11:53 AM
LOL, we'd be happy with 6 weeks. If we wait until their "supposed" delivery date it'll be 6 months!
I think he may cancel but it's hard to find another rocker that can be a step and keep the mud to a minimum while on the trails.
I really like the red rock fab ones, but he needs them to be a step so my mom can get into the jeep also(she's only 5'). He's tired of listening to her say I can't get in this stupid thing! I'll probably be in the same position when I order some since my wife is only 5' 1".

FYI We will be offering a flat / step version of our rocker guards as well. If you're interested, we could build a set and ship within 3-4 weeks. Pricing would be the same as our current rocker guards.

Rather than bringing the tube up at an angle as shown here:

http://www.redrockfab.com/shop/images/detailed_images/detailed_image_1494.jpg

The outer tube will come straight off the main support tube. It should make a great step with the aluminum skins.

Prope
06-16-2008, 01:11 PM
FYI We will be offering a flat / step version of our rocker guards as well. If you're interested, we could build a set and ship within 3-4 weeks. Pricing would be the same as our current rocker guards.

Rather than bringing the tube up at an angle as shown here:

The outer tube will come straight off the main support tube. It should make a great step with the aluminum skins.

That would be great too, I really like the looks with the aluminum skin.

Thanks fellas for the options!

I'll talk to my dad tonight and see what he wants to do, he's ready to do rockers right away... while I have to wait a few months as I make about a 1/10 of what he does!

edit: RedRock, I did not see a price on your website... should I just call and get a quote or can you give me an idea on here?
Thanks.

Red Rock 4x4
06-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Pricing with options is available here:

http://www.redrockfab.com/shop/jk-rocker-guards/4-door-jk-rocker-guards.html

The 4 Door's start at $499.95 and the aluminum skins are a $130 option. There would be no cost difference to build them with the step option mentioned above.

Rock Yacht
06-16-2008, 09:09 PM

We still are T&T Customs, Inc. We have just given the TREKs Offroad Equipment name to our line of manufactured products. So far the version shown has not been a problem; however we do make a set that has the door guard on it. We have an install scheduled for next week and after that I'll update the site with more pics.

Bob

Big A
06-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow. That leadtime makes Shrockworks lead times look good! If Shrockworks is listening this jab is all in love. :)

:bounce:

I dropped some SERIOUS coinage at Screamin Lizard Customs in Bedford TX 2 days ago and got all the Shrockworks goodies... In stock!

:bounce:

screaminlizard.com

Red Rock 4x4
06-17-2008, 12:19 PM
That would be great too, I really like the looks with the aluminum skin.

Thanks fellas for the options!

I'll talk to my dad tonight and see what he wants to do, he's ready to do rockers right away... while I have to wait a few months as I make about a 1/10 of what he does!

edit: RedRock, I did not see a price on your website... should I just call and get a quote or can you give me an idea on here?
Thanks.

Thanks for the order Josh! We'll do our best to get these to you by the 4th. Please take some pics once you get them installed. We'll only be mocking them up bare steel on our end without skins, and we really look forward to seeing how these new flat / step rocker guards turn out once powdercoated and installed.

I'm confident they should offer a nice step for your dad. The dimples (which will be facing up on this version) really give good traction.

Prope
06-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey Jason, Thanks for putting up with my PITA requests and for your excellent service! He's pretty excited about getting them!

I'll definately post some pictures when we get them. I'll send you a high res. one too if you want one for your website.

jkdrone
06-19-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm with your dad, my order for my rocker armor (just the armor) has been in since March, and I still haven't seen any light with them. Far more important than the sliders for me right now is the armor, as I ordered them to cover some body damage to my rockers.

Any suggestions on who else might make rocker armor, and won't take a year to deliver it?

!c

terrahawk
06-20-2008, 06:58 AM
I'm with your dad, my order for my rocker armor (just the armor) has been in since March, and I still haven't seen any light with them. Far more important than the sliders for me right now is the armor, as I ordered them to cover some body damage to my rockers.

Any suggestions on who else might make rocker armor, and won't take a year to deliver it?

!c

Two words...Poly Performance:vader1:

PIG
06-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Two words...Poly Performance:vader1:

Got them in stock.... We also have (1) set of 4 door rockers with a minor powder coat blem that we need to blow out. If anyone interested is reading this, hit me up for more info.

usmcdoc14
06-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Got them in stock.... We also have (1) set of 4 door rockers with a minor powder coat blem that we need to blow out. If anyone interested is reading this, hit me up for more info.

PM sent

MOAB4ME
06-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Count me in for the PO'd crowd. I placed my order the first or second day they took orders(mid January). I'm still hearing the BS on the other end about where the hell my body armor is. Last I talked to them was almost 3 weeks ago and they told me stuff was either going to powdercoating or at powdercoating. Great, cause I just want bare steel so send me mine...right?
They said it was to ship out 6/13 and I don't have it almost 2 weeks after that:shaking:

My credit card was charged 2 months ago for everything and I've asked for a refund on sliders that I'm tired of waiting for over a month ago for the first time. I've called twice about the refund and guess it will be a third time this week. I expect to hear the same BS this time about the body armor. Now I have a trip to the Rubicon looming end of July and I have NO rocker protection. Nobody else has body armor that protects up along the side around the doors like PSC(at least that I know of) I'm about to order the Red Rock sliders just to get something on there.

Rant over! That's a great first post, huh? Promise to be more positive on future posts(my therapist says I should)

Alec W
06-25-2008, 01:33 PM
I placed my order the first or second day they took orders(mid January). I'm still hearing the BS on the other end about where the hell my body armor is.
Had mine since early January :grinpimp::grinpimp:

jkdrone
06-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Had mine since early January :grinpimp::grinpimp:

Yeah... Rub it in! :thefinger:

!c

MOAB4ME
06-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah... Rub it in! :thefinger:

!c

X2 more:thefinger:
Dang it, I said my posts were gonna get more positive:innocent:

lbh
06-25-2008, 03:07 PM
I just completed the Rubicon and the clearence offered by the Poly Performance rockers are superb. I think the area you are concerned about should be a non issue. To each his own. If you want great customer service give them a call. Good luck, I hope you get something.

Prope
06-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Count me in for the PO'd crowd. I placed my order the first or second day they took orders(mid January). I'm still hearing the BS on the other end about where the hell my body armor is. Last I talked to them was almost 3 weeks ago and they told me stuff was either going to powdercoating or at powdercoating. Great, cause I just want bare steel so send me mine...right?
They said it was to ship out 6/13 and I don't have it almost 2 weeks after that:shaking:

My credit card was charged 2 months ago for everything and I've asked for a refund on sliders that I'm tired of waiting for over a month ago for the first time. I've called twice about the refund and guess it will be a third time this week. I expect to hear the same BS this time about the body armor. Now I have a trip to the Rubicon looming end of July and I have NO rocker protection. Nobody else has body armor that protects up along the side around the doors like PSC(at least that I know of) I'm about to order the Red Rock sliders just to get something on there.

Rant over! That's a great first post, huh? Promise to be more positive on future posts(my therapist says I should)

Red Rock made some flat ones for my Dad's 2 Door that protect further out than most of them. He just sent me pictures of my Dad's before they we to powder coating... I'm sure either he'll send you them or I can forward them to you with his permission.

If you want to take a look; pm me your email addy and I'll double check with him to make sure it's ok to forward them to you.

MOAB4ME
06-26-2008, 10:17 AM
I just completed the Rubicon and the clearence offered by the Poly Performance rockers are superb. I thin the area you are concerned about should be a non issue. To each his own. If you want great customer service give them a call. Good luck, I hope you get something.

I was looking at these, they would look good on my Jeep for sure and I agree the clearance is exceptional and the protection looks equally impressive. I just had my heart set on the PSC armor and sliders. I'm gonna call tomorrow and if they can't give me something solid, I'll be ordering something else(either Red Rock or Poly)

MOAB4ME
07-01-2008, 07:48 PM
I've got word that the JK stuff should be shipping out July 7th. Fingers Crossed!!!

jkdrone
07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
I've got word that the JK stuff should be shipping out July 7th. Fingers Crossed!!!

Let's hope! I'd like to receive my parts this year, that would be great - at this point, I'm not really biting on rumors any more.

BTW, I saw in June they posted on pirate that they had split w/ 4WP, claiming that 4WP was the cause of their delays. 4WP (who I placed my order through) in June told me they had dropped PSC for not being able to give accurate ship dates and the large number of complaints they were getting from customers not receiving orders.

So, it looks like maybe they bit off more than they could chew? Happens a lot in my business - growth happens through scale, everyone wants big bucks, but the organizations aren't always designed to scale to the level needed to make those bucks. The first time (and 2nd, 3rd, 4th) you hit issues of scale, it does some damage to your customers' view of your products/services.

A shame though, they had a first-page listing of products in the new 4WP catalog. If they could have scaled, that would generally lead to lots of business.

I'm left with two thoughts, personally:

1) What happens to my order through 4WP now that they have some serious bad blood between them? Are they going to prioritize all orders that didn't come through 4WP first? Are they going to lose some on 'accident'? (I'm not claiming they would here, btw, I'm just left to wonder about that.)

2) Should I look again at PSC when I need more armor? (those crusher corners seem cool) They have a great name and all, but, man, this order was fairly painful. In fact, the key point that really degrades my desire to do business with the company again is the fact that they mis-led me when inquiring about the status of the order. They stated "it's in powder-coating now, shipping very soon" - since powder-coating is, one would presume, the last step in the process, that tends to make one believe that it might be in the next couple of weeks, not a month or more later. If they had just said "it'll be six more weeks", that would've been honest. An honest answer may be painful, but it keeps my respect as a customer.

!c (also a business owner, who often has to give unpleasant answers to clients)

MOAB4ME
07-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Let's hope! I'd like to receive my parts this year, that would be great - at this point, I'm not really biting on rumors any more.

BTW, I saw in June they posted on pirate that they had split w/ 4WP, claiming that 4WP was the cause of their delays. 4WP (who I placed my order through) in June told me they had dropped PSC for not being able to give accurate ship dates and the large number of complaints they were getting from customers not receiving orders.

So, it looks like maybe they bit off more than they could chew? Happens a lot in my business - growth happens through scale, everyone wants big bucks, but the organizations aren't always designed to scale to the level needed to make those bucks. The first time (and 2nd, 3rd, 4th) you hit issues of scale, it does some damage to your customers' view of your products/services.

A shame though, they had a first-page listing of products in the new 4WP catalog. If they could have scaled, that would generally lead to lots of business.

I'm left with two thoughts, personally:

1) What happens to my order through 4WP now that they have some serious bad blood between them? Are they going to prioritize all orders that didn't come through 4WP first? Are they going to lose some on 'accident'? (I'm not claiming they would here, btw, I'm just left to wonder about that.)

2) Should I look again at PSC when I need more armor? (those crusher corners seem cool) They have a great name and all, but, man, this order was fairly painful. In fact, the key point that really degrades my desire to do business with the company again is the fact that they mis-led me when inquiring about the status of the order. They stated "it's in powder-coating now, shipping very soon" - since powder-coating is, one would presume, the last step in the process, that tends to make one believe that it might be in the next couple of weeks, not a month or more later. If they had just said "it'll be six more weeks", that would've been honest. An honest answer may be painful, but it keeps my respect as a customer.

!c (also a business owner, who often has to give unpleasant answers to clients)

I'm feeling/thinking almost exactly the same about everything you just said!
I'm glad I put my order in the first week and through PSC directly. Although I'm still in the same waiting boat! It has also been by far my most painful experience with Jeep parts(over 10 years now). The BS about going to powder coating and at powder coating gets me too. My f'n order isn't even supposed to go to powder coating. All that said, if the product is as good as they have produced I would look to them in the future for more JK stuff:shaking:

Actually, PSC breaking ties with 4WP is great to hear for me. I'm not a big fan of theirs and like seeing some companies stay out of the 4WP monopoly.

StubEXrube
07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
In the past 3-4 years I have tried approx 5 or 6 times to simply call poison(ed) spyder...regarding things like availability/ applications etc...(crusher corners/ beadlocks/ sliders, etc....) Would've added up to thousands of $$$ for them...but I NEVER was able to get them on the phone...Several times- left my ph# for them to reply-regarding "easy to answer questions" about their products...NEVER A SINGLE REPLY. If a company won't even respond to simple things like these, than SEE YA LATER!!! They are too self righteous and proud for me. I will NEVER beg someone to take my money...no matter how well made a product is.

Alec W
07-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Rookie is Clifton (owner of PSC). Looks like you will have your stuff very soon.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showpost.php?p=1137042&postcount=33

Dustoff '68
07-09-2008, 02:25 PM
I can understand the frustrations of some with PSC...I have e-mailed several times, as well as written a letter to them (this was over the past 10 months) regarding their Rock Rings...my question was simple...do they fit the JK Dana 30 & 40...I come to find that they are now discontinued, inspite of numerous reviews giving them a 2 thumbs up...I really don't know what to say about a company who apparently goes out of its way to turn away and turn off customers...

Dustoff '68
07-09-2008, 02:28 PM
I can understand the frustrations of some with PSC...I have e-mailed several times, as well as written a letter to them (this was over the past 10 months) regarding their Rock Rings...my question was simple...do they fit the JK Dana 30 & 40...I come to find that they are now discontinued, inspite of numerous reviews giving them a 2 thumbs up...I really don't know what to say about a company who apparently goes out of its way to turn away and turn off customers...

What happened...why were they discontinued?

MOAB4ME
07-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Rookie is Clifton (owner of PSC). Looks like you will have your stuff very soon.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showpost.php?p=1137042&postcount=33

Yeah, that is me on that forum who found him and asked him about the JK stuff. He said target was 7/7

MOAB4ME
07-09-2008, 05:49 PM
In the past 3-4 years I have tried approx 5 or 6 times to simply call poison(ed) spyder...regarding things like availability/ applications etc...(crusher corners/ beadlocks/ sliders, etc....) Would've added up to thousands of $$$ for them...but I NEVER was able to get them on the phone...Several times- left my ph# for them to reply-regarding "easy to answer questions" about their products...NEVER A SINGLE REPLY. If a company won't even respond to simple things like these, than SEE YA LATER!!! They are too self righteous and proud for me. I will NEVER beg someone to take my money...no matter how well made a product is.

I haven't had that problem at all. I've called several times over the last 6 months and have always gotten somebody on the phone. After the first 2 times though, I was very skeptical about what they were saying!;)

StubEXrube
07-10-2008, 11:30 AM
I need to clarify that...I have not tried to contact PSC in over a year, But going back from that time (sometime in late 2006-early 2007) was when i finally gave up. My interest was for TJ mods...not JK. As far as i know, maybe things have changed w/ answering phones, calling back perspective customers, etc...but between (or around) 2004- 2007...no luck in actually talking to them. Maybe this last thought is totally unrelated, but... when I managed a small business...and we were in the peak season (more work than we could even handle)...the hardest part was putting perspective clients on the back-burner...but I did...and felt bad for it. LONG hours in production meant that some persp customers never got a call back from me. I cant justify "picking/ choosing" but I cared greatly about the business, and still let those things happen...There just wasn't enough time in the day to fill all of the orders and still call everyone back that i should have. Maybe this relates to the "old" PSC, maybe not.

jkdrone
08-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Just an update: my PSC rocker armor that was ordered in March still hasn't shipped, I'm waiting for a call-back, but if it doesn't come with an exact ship date, the order is being cancelled.

I'm so absolutely frustrated with the lies, misconceptions, and other crap from this company. They have lost my business forever. I don't care how "great" of a reputation their products have, their customer service is so abyssimal, I'll pay someone local to hand-fab me a similar product before I ever attempt to order anything from them again. They've had my cash in-hand for five months, and don't even have the courtesy to be honest with me.

!c