open invite at the flats [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: open invite at the flats

levellinebrad
01-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Open invite at the Flats in Marion NC. Its right off exit 85 on interstate 40. May 28th through the 30th. $10 per vehicle and driver plus $5 for each rider. That is per day.This is put on by a relatively new club called Rock Corps 4x4. Our fall invite was a huge success. We had over a hundred rigs show up and maybe another hundred spectators throughout the day. This time it will be a 2 day event with camping available. I did not see 1 single jko member there last time other than myself. I hope we can get together and have at least a few jk's show up. TKOB, I am sorry but there is not a ton of mud here, it is most definitely rock crawling and dirt hill climbs. We are working to expand the trail system even more. The trails range from "easy" to "not in this life time". We have one trail called " NO WAY" and we are thinking about dynamite so we can change the name to something else. No one even attempted it last year. Hell, only one person even made it that far. Food will be available on site. The main thread for this is at nc4x4.comupcoming events. Check out past events to see last years event.

tkob1060
01-24-2010, 08:20 AM
We have one trail called " NO WAY" and we are thinking about dynamite so we can change the name to something else. No one even attempted it last year. Hell, only one person even made it that far. .

I say we get Josh up there with his stretched beast to try NO WAY trail :D

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s107/fallenangel1006/493.jpg

levellinebrad
01-24-2010, 08:29 AM
I hope Josh reads this cause I will tell him right now, he will not make it up no way. There is some kind of bounty on that trail. Cant remember how much but nobody will collect it. not with the trail as is. There are several other trails he will not make it up either. Stumpy and rock ledge are almost impassable unless you are built and have balls the size of coconuts. So bring it on boys. Thats a bad rig by the way, just not bad enough for that trail.

levellinebrad
01-25-2010, 05:11 AM
Oh yeah, dont let the name fool you either. The parking lot is flat and thats about it. It was named for the parking lot,

levellinebrad
01-26-2010, 03:53 AM
i cant believe trash talk drew no comment on this forum.

johnmcd
01-29-2010, 06:03 PM
i cant believe trash talk drew no comment on this forum.

It would catch fire on Pirate

levellinebrad
01-29-2010, 07:34 PM
John, you should come, bring Tim with ya and Hector too

SONIC
01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Im down if im off that weekend....

blownJK
01-29-2010, 10:22 PM
challenge accepted, looks like fun, I should be there...you can't get more "built" and the balls don't get larger :thefinger: I'll attempt anything :D

BiGEN
01-29-2010, 11:42 PM
how far is this place from NOVA?

levellinebrad
01-30-2010, 04:16 AM
I assume NOVA stands for north VA. I would say about 6 hrs

levellinebrad
01-30-2010, 04:19 AM
challenge accepted, looks like fun, I should be there...you can't get more "built" and the balls don't get larger :thefinger: I'll attempt anything :D

Bring an ice pack for the sack swelling. Make sure you bring it on a tow rig too. we will get it back on the trailer for ya. No charge for pulling you outta the woods either.

blownJK
01-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Bring an ice pack for the sack swelling. Make sure you bring it on a tow rig too. we will get it back on the trailer for ya. No charge for pulling you outta the woods either.

your just about full of yourself arent ya :shaking:

levellinebrad
01-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Naw, just hoping to get some people to show up. Last year there was not one single jk at the event other than my own and I was working. Hoping this year a few will show up. There really are some impossible trails but there should be plenty that are doable as well.

blownJK
01-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Naw, just hoping to get some people to show up. Last year there was not one single jk at the event other than my own and I was working. Hoping this year a few will show up. There really are some impossible trails but there should be plenty that are doable as well.

i hear ya bud, I saw BDB has been out there, looked like they were having a time on a few trails...I'll definitely see who I can rally up to get out there :beer:

SONIC
01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Im 90% at this point. Not *Quite* as hardcore as Josh here, but ill try my best :D

levellinebrad
01-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Im 90% at this point. Not *Quite* as hardcore as Josh here, but ill try my best :D

Theres plenty of trails even for stockers or slightly modified. I only have 3.5 inches and run 35's and can spend hours up there having a blast so definitely come on up.

levellinebrad
01-31-2010, 05:28 PM
i hear ya bud, I saw BDB has been out there, looked like they were having a time on a few trails...I'll definitely see who I can rally up to get out there :beer:

Bring em brudda, Yeah BDB came up and put on a hellofa show in the woods. we're hopeing to have a few new trails open for the spring and hopefully allow more access for spectators

SONIC
01-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Theres plenty of trails even for stockers or slightly modified. I only have 3.5 inches and run 35's and can spend hours up there having a blast so definitely come on up.

Ait nice, im rocking 34's and 4" so ill be good to go. Plus who knows by then :smokin:

levellinebrad
02-15-2010, 03:51 AM
bumpin back to the top. I hope some of you JKers will be showing up. I know it is a ways off but still, I would like to generate as much interest as possible. Food will also be available. We have the local ruritan club doing the cooking this year.

johnmcd
02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Brad,
is this a camping friendly event? I recall the last one food vendors onsite? Was that typical or because of the parade?.

levellinebrad
02-16-2010, 06:11 AM
yes it is camper friendly. The last one we had the hotdog guy from uwharrie. This one will have different vendors sponsored by the local ruritan club. The hot dog guy was great but this time we are trying to get a little more community involvement as well

FireTrail741
02-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Will an invite event happen to the Flats again? I have not heard of anything since this event.

Gotlime?
02-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Will an invite event happen to the Flats again? I have not heard of anything since this event.

Yes. Check nc4x4 for details.

FireTrail741
02-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Yes. Check nc4x4 for details.

I couldn't find anything but races at the private land. Maybe I am missing something? Is there another open invite to The Flats coming up?

Gotlime?
02-09-2012, 08:04 PM
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125202

FireTrail741
02-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Cool! Thanks!

levellinebrad
02-11-2012, 04:51 AM
sorry I missed this. Thanks Chris for posting up that link. We always do 2 open invites a year. One in the spring and one in the fall. I had stopped posting them up because it really seemed to do no good on this forum. We have made many more trails that are a lot more friendly towards slightly modified rigs and now you can play all day without as much worry of damage. I hope a lot of my fellow jkowners can make it up for this event. Bring a tent or bring a camper and spend the weekend. Sunday is a great day to wheel. 75% of the folks leave after Saturday and it leaves the land open for you to tool around and take your time on obstacles. Also, if you ever want to do a private ride, just let me know.

Pharmguy75
02-11-2012, 11:18 AM
I couldn't find anything but races at the private land. Maybe I am missing something? Is there another open invite to The Flats coming up?

Spring Open Invite @The Flats/Down and Dirty For Life APRIL 20-22, 2012

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125202

:thankyou:

blownJK
02-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Are SxS allowed

levellinebrad
02-11-2012, 05:30 PM
No side by sides or 4 wheelers allowed unless you are a club member.