Hey Jeepthing whats the weather like? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Hey Jeepthing whats the weather like?

Eugene
01-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey Jeepthing and all you JK's up in the Sierras what is the weather like. Heard on the news that they had snow in Placerville last night. I feel a snow run coming up. Gives us flatlanders a report.

JeepThing
01-22-2010, 05:26 PM
We had a few inches here in town last night (2500'), and it's been snowing on and off today. :D

The higher elevations have been getting pounded this week. Ten minutes from here at 4000' they have 3' plus. I helped a buddy with his run last Saturday for Winter Fun Fest, but that was before all the new snow this week. I'll bet that area has another six feet on top of the three to five we had last weekend.

I was thinking about installing my seat heaters tomorrow, but I could EASILY be persuaded to do a snow run if anyone's interested at the last minute.

Any takers? :bounce:

Eugene
01-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Sounds like fun but doing the family thing the next few weekends. However I am free starting in February. Maybe we can get Rubirob and any others down here and maybe make a run of it. Might see if the wife wants to come and make it a weekend.:D

JeepThing
01-24-2010, 09:39 AM
I got my seat heaters installed yesterday. Bring on the snow runs!

Moose512
01-24-2010, 12:50 PM
I got my seat heaters installed yesterday. Bring on the snow runs!

I put the top down and might take the doors off.:thefinger:

jeeperjkj
01-24-2010, 01:17 PM

You say that like they (we) care that it gets cold where we live. Heck, I embrace the cold. After many years of not seeing snow, I was elated to see the 17" or so we got just before Christmas. I wish it'd snow again like that. You guys that live where it's warm all the time are really missin' out.

Moose512
01-24-2010, 02:54 PM
You say that like they (we) care that it gets cold where we live. Heck, I embrace the cold. After many years of not seeing snow, I was elated to see the 17" or so we got just before Christmas. I wish it'd snow again like that. You guys that live where it's warm all the time are really missin' out.

I was just giving my buddy Jeepthing a hard time about the seat warmers. I am jealous of my buddies in CA and Wyoming that are having epic powder days this year. I have four or five dusty snowboards in my garage.

Oh, and I am Canadian and grew up in N.H. so I have seen a few flakes in my day.:D

JeepThing
01-25-2010, 10:50 AM

Yah ... yah ... yah. Thanks buddy! I do miss having the top and doors off, but sure wouldn't give up the snow for it! Two weeks ago, on our Winter Fun Fest snow run, my girls talked me into taking the front tops off when we stopped for lunch. They didn't have to talk too hard either!

You should come out a week early for Moab, and we'll do some Sierra snow runs before we hit the slickrock. :D

ps The seat warmers feel GREAT!!

Moose512
01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Miami to Nevada City, that would be a good pre-Moab road trip.:thefinger:

Don't think that is going to happen but put a snowball in the cooler for me and I will see you in Moab!!:beer:

There are 5 of us from South Florida going now (Hitmoney, LBeato, Smokey, Rambo and myself). Will be here before we know it.:D

JeepThing
01-25-2010, 01:20 PM
That would be a drive and a half, wouldn't it!

We are planning on being in Moab Monday 29th through Thursday 1st. Look forward to seeing you again and running trails with you guys!

I'll try and remember the snowball. :D

2008jkx
01-25-2010, 04:57 PM
yooo im in south lake tahoe

hit me up for some snow runs!! 2.5 in lift, rubi tires, and some skids and lights

JeepThing
02-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey ... just started a thread for a snow run next week, http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24238. :bounce: