2007 Wrangler Unlimited 4dr softtop help [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: 2007 Wrangler Unlimited 4dr softtop help

BigAl
06-09-2008, 11:17 AM
During a recent outting i noticed that a bolt had fallen out of my soft top. The bolt that fell out is right at the sunrider pivot point. I have been trying to find just the bolt ... but no luck. The dealership is telling me I have to purchase the entire part. ( KNUCKLE, Sunrider top Pivot #68003653AA , which is 50 bucks) which seems alot just for a bolt. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find a bolt that would work ? Or should I just suck it up and buy the part ? Please help.

BigAl

cab76
06-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I recently had to purchase the bolts for the rear pivot points and went through a bunch of hassles trying to get the right bolt. Went to 3 different dealers and basically got three different answers as to which was the right bolt. Anyways, during this process I ended up purchasing some bolts that were used for various parts of the soft top operation that we wrong for my application. Of course I kept them - cause you never know (you should see my garage since I got the jeep - spare parts everywhere - it's a wonder Jeep doesn't include marital counseling info with every Jeep purchase)... Anyways, I will try and check tonight and see if my spare bolts will work for your application - if they do I'll just send one out to you.

BigAl
06-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks cab76 !

I still can not beleive they want 50 bucks for 1 bolt - Next thing you know gas will be 4.00 gallon ... LOL :)

BigAl
06-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey cab76 - I ended up ordering the piece from 'Jeeps are us' for about 33.00. Hopefully i selected the right one. Thanks for the offer.

Big Al

cab76
06-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Hey cab76 - I ended up ordering the piece from 'Jeeps are us' for about 33.00. Hopefully i selected the right one. Thanks for the offer.

Big Al

Sorry - I keep forgetting to check the bolts. Let me know if these don't work out for you and I'll check them.