Skidrow(LCA & Canister Skids) [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Skidrow(LCA & Canister Skids)

nam6869usmc
06-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Eric of Skidrow Offroad wants me to come up to install the LCA & Canister Skids & take some pictures(the LCA Skid is for the last test fit)))...as soon as I can get the pictures & price of these items I'll post them. Also we're finishing up the Front Stubby Bumper with Winch Plate. Info for that should be coming real real soon.:D

rubirobv
06-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Eric of Skidrow Offroad wants me to come up to install the LCA & Canister Skids & take some pictures(the LCA Skid is for the last test fit)))...as soon as I can get the pictures & price of these items I'll post them. Also we're finishing up the Front Stubby Bumper with Winch Plate. Info for that should be coming real real soon.:D

I have the engine/tranny skid. I'm curious about the evap canister skid. Do you know if he's working on a transfer case skid ?

P.S. Saw a picture of your JK in a thread somewhere. Very nice rig.

Dustoff '68
06-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I've been waiting for that evap skid to come out...seems like a simple proposition...what's taking so long?

NE Wrangling
06-03-2008, 08:25 PM
what would you prefer relocating the canister or the skid? It's a dilema I'm working through.

lbh
06-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Relocating it. I am going to do this, but worried about throwing a code, my dealer is such an A$$ I hesitate moving it.

nam6869usmc
06-04-2008, 04:42 AM
I'll be there Saturday all day, installing Canister Skid, the LCA Skid is a final fit, & will be in production ASAP. As for the Transfer Case Skid, I'll mention this but he already had mine off & made drawings, so he's going to make one. Doing a lot of Stubby finalization to get it out there.
I'll try to post pictures of both Skids installed & get a ball park price on both.

Dragline
06-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I'll be there Saturday all day, installing Canister Skid.

Jim, mind if I ask where? The reason I'm asking is because I'll be in Central PA this weekend and would like to swing by and see this skid if it is not to far out of the way.

Dustoff '68
06-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Is that evap skid a bolt on like the Rock Hard, and if so, what is the difference?

nam6869usmc
06-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Jim, mind if I ask where? The reason I'm asking is because I'll be in Central PA this weekend and would like to swing by and see this skid if it is not to far out of the way.

He's located close to Shermans Dale, Pa......pretty far out in the country. He's actually not open on Sat / Sun, that's why he can get me in there & get some serious R&D done. I don't see why he would have a problem with that, but I wouldn't no where his heads at on that one and wouldn't want to make that call. You could give him a call & mention the Canaster Skid and you would like to maybe shoot up there Saturday & take a look.
Ther're all great bunch a folks..
info@skidrowoffroad.com
"Eric",.......717.582.3640

Ipe
06-05-2008, 09:07 AM
what would you prefer relocating the canister or the skid? It's a dilema I'm working through.

Relocating it. I am going to do this, but worried about throwing a code, my dealer is such an A$$ I hesitate moving it.

I moved the evap canister using the 4xFiX kit that Woods has produced. It was an easy install and I had no issues with any codes or whatnot. If I can do it, anyone can do it! :laughing:

Ipe
06-05-2008, 09:12 AM
OBTW - Didn't want to thread hijack. I'm interested in seeing the LCA skids when you can post them up. :)

mikejwil
06-05-2008, 09:27 AM

I'm on the fence too... Looks like 4xfix.com (Wood's) relo kit is $100 now (same price as the RockHard skid), so I think I'll just skid mine. Anxious to see what the SkidRow version looks like :)

nam6869usmc
06-05-2008, 10:18 AM
OBTW - Didn't want to thread hijack. I'm interested in seeing the LCA skids when you can post them up. :)

You Hijacker you,.:D "No Sweat GI", a lot of threads get off course but for mostly all good reasons,.....:beer:

Dragline
06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
He's located close to Shermans Dale, Pa......pretty far out in the country. He's actually not open on Sat / Sun, that's why he can get me in there & get some serious R&D done. I don't see why he would have a problem with that, but I wouldn't no where his heads at on that one and wouldn't want to make that call. You could give him a call & mention the Canaster Skid and you would like to maybe shoot up there Saturday & take a look.
Ther're all great bunch a folks..
info@skidrowoffroad.com
"Eric",.......717.582.3640

Hey Thanks Jim, If I get a chance I'll give Eric a call, I'll be going right up 81 tomorrow to Mt. Carmel, hour north of Harrisburg. Again thanks. John

nam6869usmc
06-07-2008, 02:07 PM
A few pic's of the Canister Skid,..defintely a tough little Skid. The front bracket is 1/4" due to the frontal impact area > 2nd pic down you can see it...(strength)
The "Lower Control Arm Skid" are great also, very easy install on both. Eric took pic's up there & will send them to me, & I'll post. He said both will be priced very competitively
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/DSCF0003-19.jpg
bhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/DSCF0004-18.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/DSCF0005-18.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/DSCF0006-17.jpg

rockcrawl
06-07-2008, 03:19 PM

I'm going to relocate because I don't need anymore weight on my jeep.

Dustoff '68
06-07-2008, 04:13 PM
They look pretty tough...how do they compare with the RockHard evap skid...and are they a direct bolt on?

nam6869usmc
06-07-2008, 05:38 PM
They look pretty tough...how do they compare with the RockHard evap skid...and are they a direct bolt on?

Hey Vet,...I've looked at Rockhard a few times, they would work just fine, but Eric's Beefy Front Bracket was well thought out covering any hard hits in frontal area. If you look closely, it's " M48 Tank" strong and looks a little tougher than Rockhard. Yes a direct bolt on, even I could do it very easily.
Should be priced very close to Rockhard.

Dustoff '68
06-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey Vet,...I've looked at Rockhard a few times, they would work just fine, but Eric's Beefy Front Bracket was well thought out covering any hard hits in frontal area. If you look closely, it's " M48 Tank" strong and looks a little tougher than Rockhard. Yes a direct bolt on, even I could do it very easily.
Should be priced very close to Rockhard.

Excellent...give me a headsup when they are finally available...:beer:

nam6869usmc
06-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Excellent...give me a headsup when they are finally available...:beer:

Done,,..:D:beer:

lbh
06-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Price?

RiggerMike
06-07-2008, 10:56 PM

I moved mine using Woods' kit. Piece of cake install and no codes. It is now way up against the tub and out of harms way.

WTF_LOL
06-08-2008, 12:08 AM
I agree with relocating the EVAP, already did mine.

Curious to see these LCA skids though. Is there a link or some pics?

Dustoff '68
06-08-2008, 05:30 AM
I'm posting this for comparison...

Tough call...both look equally tough...but just looking at the pics as a reference, I get the feeling the Skidrow is "beefier"...besides, I like the :rainbow:tutty fruity:rainbow: front skid they make, so I'm a bit prejudiced...:D

nam6869usmc
06-08-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm posting this for comparison...

Tough call...both look equally tough...but just looking at the pics as a reference, I get the feeling the Skidrow is "beefier"...besides, I like the :rainbow:tutty fruity:rainbow: front skid they make, so I'm a bit prejudiced...:D

Yes a little beefier, Eric uses 2 gusset's on each side of the front bracket instead of 1 in the middle & uses his ramp approach on the bottom of the Skid like on his Engine Skid.(it's a miniature Engine Skid)
Pricing is being worked out more or less this week.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/DSCF0005-18.jpg

BeerMonkeY
06-08-2008, 08:19 AM
well id have to say i like it. wish i saw it a month ago before i moved mine, i threw codes when i moved mine, BUT i have been having problems with that since the day i got the jeep. im just gonna silicone the crap out of the connectors and you can re-set the code with a standard OBDII scanner.

Woods
06-09-2008, 04:23 PM
well id have to say i like it. wish i saw it a month ago before i moved mine, i threw codes when i moved mine, BUT i have been having problems with that since the day i got the jeep. im just gonna silicone the crap out of the connectors and you can re-set the code with a standard OBDII scanner.

What code is getting kicked off? You can reset the gas cap warning (technically not a code) by disconnecting the battery also.

Dustoff '68
06-18-2008, 04:02 PM
I see that July is the release date for the evap skid......

nam6869usmc
06-18-2008, 04:54 PM
I see that July is the release date for the evap skid......

Ya "Vet",.... he's working on the Pricing & Manufacturing details of both.. Should be putting on the LCA skids as soon as they come back from powder...can't wait :D

so_calif_rubi
06-19-2008, 07:33 PM
The Woods evap relocation kit is the way to go, IMHO, because you can relocate the muffler to that area AND make room for an on-broad air system...*handy to have*

Dustoff '68
06-19-2008, 08:43 PM
The Woods evap relocation kit is the way to go ,cause you can relocation the muffler to that area and make room for on broad air system

Gotta' work on that spell check/grammar tool.....:laughing:

Woods
06-19-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm on the fence too... Looks like 4xfix.com (Wood's) relo kit is $100 now (same price as the RockHard skid), so I think I'll just skid mine. Anxious to see what the SkidRow version looks like :)

Kit's $55 plus shipping. The prices on 4xfix.com are now all suggested retail and there is no way to buy from that site anymore. All forum members should now use www.JeepSWAG.com . JeepSWAG now has all of the forum members pricing.

so_calif_rubi
06-19-2008, 10:53 PM
:beer:Gotta' work on that spell check/grammar tool.....:laughing:

sorry,BudLigth is talking:beer::beer::beer:

so_calif_rubi
06-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Gotta' work on that spell check/grammar tool.....:laughing:

LOL Do they have a TOOL for that now? *Going to burn my dictionary*

NOT!!!:thefinger:
~Richard & Melissa~

Dustoff '68
06-20-2008, 03:34 AM
LOL Do they have a TOOL for that now? *Going to burn my dictionary*

NOT!!!:thefinger:
~Richard & Melissa~

If you were drinkin' Sol beer with a twist of lime, you wouldn't need no spell czech....:thefinger::thefinger::beer::beer:

soundone
07-03-2008, 12:18 AM
The Woods evap relocate kit is the way to go.:beer::beer::beer:

Dustoff '68
07-03-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm still waiting for Skidrow to come out with the evap skid...reasonable protection and 100% code free installation;)