JKOwners Forum banner

New Gun Cabinet

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dsaxman 
#1 ·
I needed something to lock up the few guns I have so they weren't laying around unprotected.

I wanted a good fire proof gun safe, but I can't afford one right now. Plus I live in a rental house and couldn't bolt it to the floor or the landlord would hang me out by the nads...so I looked around and found a Sentry 5 gun cabinet (I only have around 5-6 long guns).

I found it online for $179 and Walmart online had .97 cent shipping, so I ordered in hopes it wouldn't be a total POS.

I got it in and I am actually pretty pleased, the construction is good, it weighs around 50-60lbs and its the right size for me to stick in the closet and bolt to the wall (I can patch that up easier when I move out)..

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good deal for the money, it is much thicker construction than the StackOn brands I looked at and I think it will work well....sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, I got lazy and used it instead of my camera.

See less See more
#3 ·
I just did the same thing for the same reason. Rental house atm. I like this safe, the only thing I dont like is the space behind the shelf that allows things to fall off the back. Otherwise, its great...cheaper, and the only I can get at the weapons.

I also have a large Sentry, electric combo lock deal, fireproof....spent the money on it. Its awesome, can hold about 10 rifles easy, separate locking ammo compartment. Its so heavy I thought it may fall through the floor of the 100 yr old house I live in now. Moving it is not easy. I left it in the rents house for now.

@ dsaxman:

Model # G0135 as follows:

Exterior Dimensions: 55"H x 12"W x 11 1/2"D
Exterior Dimensions (metric): 139.7cm H x 30.5cm W x 29.2cm D
Interior Dimensions: 53 1/2"H x 11.8"W x 9 1/2"D
Interior Dimensions (metric): 136.9cm H x 30.1cm W x 24.1cm D
Capacity: 3.5 cu. ft. N/A cu. in.
Capacity (metric): 98.6 cu. lit. N/A cu. cm
Ship Weight: 70 lb. 31.8 kg.

#4 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.