warranty question [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: warranty question

YmansJK
06-02-2008, 01:49 PM
I think we are supposed to take our vehicle in once a year for a inspection otherwise it voids the warranty. Am I correct on this? My owners manual and warranty info including my registration where taken out of my glovebox one day when I had my doors off. :pissed:

tgrt
06-02-2008, 02:20 PM
I believe it's a 5 year inspection for the lifetime warranty. The normal manufacturer warranty doesn't have that requirement. I don't have the lifetime, so I cannot validate the term.

Alec W
06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
A 4.5 lift and 37s somewhat negated my lifetime warrantee :laughing::laughing:

John L
06-03-2008, 05:54 AM
I thought it was yearly...

YmansJK
06-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Me too. when my year comes up I will take it in and ask them. They are going to laugh when they see all the rock rash. The are under both doors are smashed in because I didn't have sliders on Sledge Hammer. :shaking: Not to mention my crossmember looks like a pretzel. :grinpimp:

mikejwil
06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Nope...it's every 5 years. http://www.jeep.com/en/lifetime_powertrain_warranty/faq.html

YmansJK
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks exactly what I needed. Jeep is going to look alot different in 5 years. :devil:

papatrucker
06-08-2008, 10:39 AM
It is every five years I read my manual.
Kevin.

papatrucker
06-08-2008, 10:42 AM
How about more info on this, I asked the dealer if I lifted my jeep if it would effect the life time warrentee they said know the only thing that would effect it woud be selling it. I would imagine if you changed out part of the drive train that would effect it also.
Kevin.

jocrazy0
06-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I have a supercharger and they already are giving me a ration of stuff about it voiding the warranty. Sheesh. Engine, transmission, transfer case, axles....shoot, I think they were even trying to blame it on the softtop leaks!

Anyway, with the maxcare extended warranty, it 'only' costs me $100 every time I take it in for warranty work..... which I found out when I had my transmission flashed last week. I wonder if I have to argue the point when I return on Monday to complete the work I took it in last week for? Probably have to pay yet another C note. I AM going to argue it anyway...........