Mountainside ORV Ride June 6-8 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Mountainside ORV Ride June 6-8

RotorHead
06-01-2008, 08:52 PM
We have about 5 rigs going so far from Georgia Trailriders. We are going to Mountainside ORV in Gadsden Alabama. This is a brand new ORV park and from what I here, it will be one of the best around. There is supposed to be plenty for everybody from easy to difficult.

We are a casual group and won't encourage somebody to get into a situation that they aren't comfortable with.

Everybody is welcome. Just make sure you have the minimum safety gear if you want to ride with us.

Here's a link to the check in thread. Look around while you're there. We do at least on official ride per month and there's always somebody going somewhere if you're looking for somebody to ride with.

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=1653.0

RotorHead
06-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Bump....

Nobody from GA, TN, or AL wants to ride this weekend? Only two days left.

tgrt
06-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah kind of weird. I wonder how much the gas prices are affecting people's wheeling plans. I'm kind of panicking now, because I haven't secured a dog sitter yet.

RotorHead
06-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah kind of weird. I wonder how much the gas prices are affecting people's wheeling plans. I'm kind of panicking now, because I haven't secured a dog sitter yet.

I hope you can make it. Chris, Doug and I are heading down Friday. Chris found us some rooms 12 miles away for $40 a night. I might even try and finish all of my work by Thursday and head down Friday AM. It all depends on whether my daughter decides to go or not. She's 12 so two days of wheeling can be more than she can handle sometimes.

Bigjerm
06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
trust me, wish I could join but my unexpected trip to Mississippi over the weekend killed all my gas money funds for this trip and may have jeopardized my Tellico budget... :bawling:

RotorHead
06-04-2008, 09:42 AM
trust me, wish I could join but my unexpected trip to Mississippi over the weekend killed all my gas money funds for this trip and may have jeopardized my Tellico budget... :bawling:

Yeah, well that sucks, but you gotta take care of family first. Are you back now?

Save now. Tellico is just 3 weeks away. Looks like we're approaching 20 rigs for that one.

tgrt
06-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I hope you can make it. Chris, Doug and I are heading down Friday. Chris found us some rooms 12 miles away for $40 a night. I might even try and finish all of my work by Thursday and head down Friday AM...

Me too. It's been awhile since I've been able to go. The last time I did anything was late February. I bought mods and couldn't do both. I'd be travelling there Saturday morning. We'll have to figure out where we can meet up.

RotorHead
06-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Me too. It's been awhile since I've been able to go. The last time I did anything was late February. I bought mods and couldn't do both. I'd be travelling there Saturday morning. We'll have to figure out where we can meet up.

Make sure you get everybody's phone number out of the member section over at Georgia Trail Riders. If you can't find it, send me a pm and I'll get my number to you. We'll probably start out on channel 7, but if there's traffic, we'll jump to another one.

You have to go, no choice. I need to check out your new lift and you need to blow off steam and enjoy all that money you've spent. :beer:

Bigjerm
06-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Yeah, well that sucks, but you gotta take care of family first. Are you back now?

Save now. Tellico is just 3 weeks away. Looks like we're approaching 20 rigs for that one.

yep been back since late Sunday and was lazy monday and took the day off. Family is always first but man 808 miles on the highway round trip and then 30 or so driving round town still kills the wallet. Thank god Meg has a Liberty so we didnt have to take the Wrangler.

tgrt
06-04-2008, 12:55 PM
You have to go, no choice. I need to check out your new lift and you need to blow off steam and enjoy all that money you've spent. :beer:

I think you jinxed me. Okay, probably not but I think I'll feel better if I blame you. The last person I could ask for watching my dog is going to be leaving town for the weekend. I thought would just leaving her in the garage, but it's going to be way too friggin hot.