Nth Deg inverted long arm ? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Nth Deg inverted long arm ?

toadontheroad
05-31-2008, 11:59 AM
I heard Superlift bought out AEV and has plans to release the Nth ideas. A 5.5" inverted longarm kit. Anyone else heard such a thing? Wouldn't that be wild? :D

jeepik
06-01-2008, 12:36 AM
you must get your info from Mars

AEV is working on the JK kits, no ETA yet

they said soon

crypnite
06-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Pulled from AEV's Forum area at http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=221

05-23-2008, 11:47 AM
AEV Jim Nth Engineer

Sorry for the delay (both on the suspensions and this reply!). The JK lifts are still coming along nicely, but they've been delayed a bit by suppliers (shocks as Dave mentioned). We are working on 4-door applications only for the moment (2-door will follow later this summer sometime). The 3" system will be ready next month (June) and the 4" system will follow soon thereafter. As Dave mentioned, these are very nice all-around systems that are especially nice on-road...better than we'd even hoped for to be honest. These 'simple looking' systems will deliver much more performance than meets the eye (it's about tuning as much or more than design)...so they will run with anything out there for off-road use too - and for a fraction of the cost of a longarm system.

To answer kntr's question: No...we have no plans for a longarm JK system...the JK simply doesn't need it to achieve all of the performance objectives we have in mind. That doesn't mean that the systems we're about to release are 'it'...we have some other tricks up our sleeves and in R&D ...we'll just be doing it without 'long' arms that (on a JK) won't gain you anything.

-Jim

So in answer to toadontheroad's post, it doesn't look like they're going to be doing long arm kits and for jeepjk's post, the ETA looks like June for the 4 door.

toadontheroad
06-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey, Mars is getting pretty high-tech lately. You seen the buggies they got rollin' in the rocks lately?

Really, I heard some vehicle equipment sales guys talking about the deal... I'm not entirely sure how they said Superlift is invloved. You never know in this crazy business driven world. It's all about the big $$$ :shaking: