Crozet 9th & 10th [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Crozet 9th & 10th

BiGEN
01-02-2010, 01:15 PM
On January 9 & 10, the Rock Crawlers for the Preservation of Future Access (RCPFA)
RCPFA Member Only Ride (MOR)

If you are not a RCPFA member, you can join that day. It will cost you $25 to join plus $25 to wheel for one day, $40 for both days.

DATE & TIME
Jan 9th & 10th
(Start time is 9:00 am each morning. Please be on time or early to get into your trail groups.)

6000 Bearwood Rd.
Crozet, VA 22932

(You'll need to go past the "End of State Maintenance" sign, over the cattle
guard through the gate PLEASE KEEP CLOSED and to the top of the hill.)

Please be advised that Crozet is privately owned land which RCPFA maintains. It is NOT open to the public at any other time unless arranged via the RCPFA Board of Directors (BOD). All persons attending must either drive their rig or have a seat in another rig to ride in. NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED at wheeling events. Please take all of your trash and or broken parts with you. Upon your departure, the area should be left in as good a condition as when you arrived.

ACCOMODATIONS
We have primitive on-site camping with the option of a large bonfire in the evenings. If desired/needed, we will separate tenting areas for noise control. A porta-john is also available.

LODGING
There are at least 50 or 60 hotels in the area. The following two are the closest.

Holiday Inn (Charlottesville-Monticello)
I-64 & 631 (5th St.)
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Ph: (434) 977-5100

Holiday Inn (Charlottesville-University Area)
1901 Emmet St.
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Ph: (434) 977-7700

TRAILS
We will have guides available for each trail level (listed below). Participants will choose trail levels the morning of the event (i.e., run Blues, Blacks, etc.).

MINIMUM VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS
Low Blues:
- 31" tires (not street tread)
- Tow points front and rear of vehicle
- Rocker protection and skid plates recommended

Middle/Upper Blues with (optional) Low Black Bypasses:
- 33" tires

Low Blacks:
- 35" tires
- Front and rear lockers
- Body and/or drive train damage is likely

Upper Blacks/Reds:
- Minimum 35" tires
- Front and rear lockers
- Full frame tied-in roll cage (6 or more points)
- A total disregard for body damage
- Helmets
- A trailer to tow your rig home
- A few screws loose in your head

FEES
RCPFA Members - $25/day per vehicle, $40/2-day weekend per vehicle. (No passenger fees.)

WAIVERS
Signed waivers must be turned in before heading out on the morning of the event by all passengers.

ALCOHOL
Alcohol is NOT PERMITTED during the trail rides. You may drink after you are done wheeling. Alcohol is permitted in the camping and bonfire area after wheeling.

cvilecj7
01-05-2010, 08:07 AM
I live very close to Crozet and am looking for a good Jeep mechanic. I am in Charlottesville and would love a recommendation from anyone in the group. Thanks.

BiGEN
01-05-2010, 12:55 PM
i dont know anyone down in that area.. plus i cant go this weekend since i got class