Am I sick for loving this video? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Am I sick for loving this video?

jamie_s_72
12-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry for those who find this offensive but I kinda dig it.
YouTube - Sniper Shots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kr13IN1Wcs)

HITMONEY
12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Am I sick for loving this video?

Yes.

StubEXrube
12-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Pretty intense.

RubiCajun
12-10-2009, 06:42 AM
No, I've seen it before and like it. I think of 9-11 and all of our KIA's and WIA's since then and say "back at ya, motherfuckers".:beer:

DesertJK
12-10-2009, 08:21 AM
I couldn't tell, were those people or gophers? If it was people then I like it because we need less of those, but if it's gophers, then I would have to say you are sick for liking it. Gophers never did anything to deserve to die.

lockednloaded
12-10-2009, 08:22 AM
I'd kinda like to know more about what was happening in the video. Must be a pretty big caliber (.50bmg maybe?) to turn them into beef stew...

HITMONEY
12-10-2009, 08:23 AM
I couldn't tell, were those people or gophers? If it was people then I like it because we need less of those, but if it's gophers, then I would have to say you are sick for liking it. Gophers never did anything to deserve to die.

Goats.

STUPIDFACE
12-10-2009, 08:36 AM
As much as i want to believe that these are terrorists, i dont. Like Hit$ says, its probably goats or sump'm like that.

corey d

gold knight
12-10-2009, 08:44 AM
I get no pleasure from watching it.....
As much as i want to believe that these are terrorists, i dont. Like Hit$ says, its probably goats or sump'm like that.

corey dYou can see the guy's head as he figits around in one of the last ones. Definitely not goats.

bsack
12-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Why hunt goats if the end result is bits and pieces scattered across a hill side? Just to needlessly kill for no reason other than to kill. Seems pretty fuckin retarded to me.

maverick
12-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Would appear to be explosive rounds?!?

hotrodtinker
12-11-2009, 09:07 PM
It's a special "Spec Ops" round that has essence of Chuck Norris in it... :D:D:D

EmbarkChief
12-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Those are not people. Looks more like some kind of small animal getting hit with a medium bore centerfire rifle to me. For example a rabbit with a 30-06.

North River
12-12-2009, 08:22 PM
They're Marmots or "Rock Chucks".

ka3pit
12-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Why hunt goats if the end result is bits and pieces scattered across a hill side? Just to needlessly kill for no reason other than to kill. Seems pretty fuckin retarded to me.

I agree !!

2032Ceta
12-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Those are not people. Looks more like some kind of small animal getting hit with a medium bore centerfire rifle to me. For example a rabbit with a 30-06.

Look at 42 seconds into the video. I don't know about you, but I see an entire arm flying through the air following impact. .50 cal baby...

STUPIDFACE
12-17-2009, 07:17 PM
I still dont buy that its people.

corey d

GreenAmphibious
12-24-2009, 04:07 PM
It is bonified camel jockeys. I saw the vid in our JIC before it was ever leaked on the internet. USMC sniper delivering 50cal to the dome of afghani goat humpers.... legit.

EmbarkChief
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Look at 42 seconds into the video. I don't know about you, but I see an entire arm flying through the air following impact. .50 cal baby...

Regardless of what Hollywood want's all of us to believe a .50 will not do that to a grown man.

jamie_s_72
01-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Regardless of what Hollywood want's all of us to believe a .50 will not do that to a grown man.
Have you lost your mind??? A 50 would do that, I assure you. Anyone else want to confirm

Jaws
01-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Check this out:

http://rmvh.com/Scenes.htm :shaking:

EmbarkChief
01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Have you lost your mind??? A 50 would do that, I assure you. Anyone else want to confirm

What makes you so sure?

SASQUATCH
01-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Love how this vid makes it's rounds perpetually through every forum on the internet and the same debate ensues as to it's validity of goats, rodents or the enemy :smokin:

As to whether a .50 can do damage like this, without doubt it will leave mere strinewy epidermal tissue, arteries, veins, skull fragments, etc hanging while removing said enemy cranium upon shell impact, documented proof of this exists, not revealing where, anyone can find it online.

Will it literally blow someone to pieces like the mountain goats in the vid? Well one has to compare what this round is capable of with 18" of ballistics gel to perhaps a round fired into an enemy in a prone/lying position with said shell entering horizontally say in between the shoulder and spine, surely it will do more than just slump over said enemy, rather I personally believe a massive explosive mist of bone, internal organs, muscle tissue, blood, etc is eminently going to follow shell entry into the enemy. :smokin:

North River
01-05-2010, 10:17 AM
What makes you so sure?

Dude...didn't you know?

This is the interweb. Everything you see on the interweb is guaranteed to be 100% true and accurate.:laughing2:

EmbarkChief
01-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Dude...didn't you know?

This is the interweb. Everything you see on the interweb is guaranteed to be 100% true and accurate.:laughing2:

:beer: DAMN! I forgot where I was for a second!!! :beer: :D

All kidding aside, yes, a .50 is going to do some massive trauma to anything it hits this side of a Tank/APC. Headshot? No more skull. Center Mass? Big hole. Limb? If the bone is hit then it will either be A. Detached or B. hanging on by a thread. One thing is for sure, it is not going to blow your 180lbs of remains 10 feet in the air. That would take something along the lines of a 20mm HE MAYBE or 30+mm with HE for certain. IMOP.

Disclaimer: I've shot quite a few rounds through .50 BMG's, however never at a human target.

brownbeaux
10-28-2010, 06:59 AM
I can't confirm or deny the authenticity of the video, but to answer the question or doubt anyone may have if that has the effect of a 50cal on any living creature or terrorist.

The answer is undoubtedly Yes. Even if you miss by a few inches. :D

jeremy22
10-28-2010, 07:41 AM

X2 :beer:

abock33
10-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Your not sick. Your Patriotic.:usa::beer:

Though I can not vouch for what a .50 cal (that's what was used) can do to a human. I have personally shot one at pumpkins, propane tanks and lawn tractors. and Like brownbeaux stated before even if you miss by a few inches the results are devastating.
Proof I've done it.
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss238/abock33/201006052111121.jpg

And the wonderful muzzle flash.
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss238/abock33/50flash1.jpg

oglaladiver
10-29-2010, 03:59 AM
As a former Marine and current police counter-sniper, all I have to say to that is.....OUTF#$*#STANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cruiser
10-29-2010, 08:48 AM
One of those hits was from a longer video of a sniper hit in Afghanistan. Looks like it was touched up to be more graphic. But at least one is real, maybe most if not all. It looks like the videos that were going around to offend people about how horrific sniper are.. I like it.. God bless our troops,, especially the snipers..

EmbarkChief
11-01-2010, 10:16 AM
:stirthepot: Sigh, you can lead the horse to water.....

http://www.rmvh.com/Scenes.htm

Then go to "Varmit Safari II Previews" and click on the rock chuck link. Or just click http://www.rmvh.com/Movies/ChucksShort3.wmv

Chromantix
11-02-2010, 03:48 PM
I've seen what the .50 BMG does to the human body, and it will indeed separate tissue and send things tumbling. But don't believe me, do the math: at 1000 yards the .50 BMG lays down 6~7000 ft-lbs of energy depending on the delivery platform.

That is enough kinetic force to literally rip human flesh apart. The displaced air will also contribute to tissue expansion. It is a very, very serious round.

As for the question posed by the OP: I take no pleasure in taking life or seeing it done, but we didn't ask for Jihad so we do what we have to do.

scottrock
11-02-2010, 04:07 PM
I take no pleasure in taking life or seeing it done, but we didn't ask for Jihad so we do what we have to do.

This.

Fuck em.

100dollarman
11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
I was told by a friend of mine who is a Marine sniper instructor that at 1000 yards a 50 cal can take a humans arm off even if you miss by 1' !!!

sidenote- Camp DirtBag is this weekend in Lucerne Valley--- we'll be shooting several 50cals. And machine guns. Nothing too exciting...:grinpimp:;)

:beer::beer::beer:

Here is Michelle from last year-

marshjo
11-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry for those who find this offensive but I kinda dig it.
YouTube - Sniper Shots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kr13IN1Wcs)

Awesome! seen it a while back right after 9-11. I am pretty sure thats an arm flying threw the air. Either way, it should be a #### camel jockey...:D 50 cals are awesome!!

EmbarkChief
11-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Chromantix, actually at 1K yards M33 ball is about half that right around 3,300 ft lbs (29" barrel). I also want you to consider what percentage of the available energy is actually deposited in the target when the round passes through.

100dollarman, thank your friend for his service but you can tell him from one Marine to another that he's full of shit. The only way you will take someone's arm off with a .50 at any range is if YOU HIT THEM with it. A close miss is just that, a miss and its not going to do anything but scare the shit out of your target.

For those of you who still believe this is a .50 vs. human video go back and click on the links in post #31. Fifty's are bad ass no doubt. We are talking 660 grains @ 2750 fps (ball) I don't care whose math you use those are some awsome stats. It just drives me crazy how much hollywood has displaced reality with special effects.

100dollarman
11-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Chromantix, actually at 1K yards M33 ball is about half that right around 3,300 ft lbs (29" barrel). I also want you to consider what percentage of the available energy is actually deposited in the target when the round passes through.

100dollarman, thank your friend for his service but you can tell him from one Marine to another that he's full of shit. The only way you will take someone's arm off with a .50 at any range is if YOU HIT THEM with it. A close miss is just that, a miss and its not going to do anything but scare the shit out of your target.

For those of you who still believe this is a .50 vs. human video go back and click on the links in post #31. Fifty's are bad ass no doubt. We are talking 660 grains @ 2750 fps (ball) I don't care whose math you use those are some awsome stats. It just drives me crazy how much hollywood has displaced reality with special effects.

I never really liked that dude anyways.....he has beady little eyes and seemed a little shifty. lol

nlgrav182
11-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I'll take the intro to "Shooter" over that video any day.

guinness
11-03-2010, 01:43 AM
I'll take the intro to "Shooter" over that video any day.

If you liked that, you should start reading Stephen Hunter's books.

Bob Lee and his Father Earl Lee Swagger really kick ass in the printed word.

Dog Doc
11-03-2010, 08:48 PM
One of those hits was from a longer video of a sniper hit in Afghanistan. Looks like it was touched up to be more graphic. But at least one is real, maybe most if not all. It looks like the videos that were going around to offend people about how horrific sniper are.. I like it.. God bless our troops,, especially the snipers..

You must be a Larue fan! Me too!
I did read some documentation (and I don't have the proof) that the .50cal as a precision round was not that "precise". It would however kill one or more men behind a brick wall just front the kinetic energy displaced on that wall! It is a round originally used for anti-aircraft or soft armor. Who knows if this vid is real but I bet it would do some damage!

LS6TT
11-03-2010, 09:09 PM
It is bonified camel jockeys. I saw the vid in our JIC before it was ever leaked on the internet. USMC sniper delivering 50cal to the dome of afghani goat humpers.... legit.

you need to see the below

:stirthepot: Sigh, you can lead the horse to water.....

http://www.rmvh.com/Scenes.htm

Then go to "Varmit Safari II Previews" and click on the rock chuck link. Or just click http://www.rmvh.com/Movies/ChucksShort3.wmv