JK: 1 BAMBI: 0 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: JK: 1 BAMBI: 0

TripleJackInGA
12-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Well, I was less than a mile from home about 6:45AM this morning, just before Sun-up, and a doe zipped out *RIGHT* in front of me. I was doing about 60, and she glanced off. I think the LF tow-hook part of the bumper caught her pretty square in the LR hind-quarter.
It made the bumper cover ugly, busted out the LF fog lamp, busted the lens out of the LF side marker, and cracked the LF flare/flare support.

Could have been much worse, but it still pisses me off.

Anyone got a cheap bumper cover/LF flare/Support in the neighborhood? I'm just SW of Atlanta in the Newnan/Griffin area.

STUPIDFACE
12-07-2009, 08:29 AM
I hate to be the one to tell you this dude, but from these pics, it looks more like Bambi 1 Jk 0......:D

corey d

jeeperjkj
12-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Got venison?

jeeperjkj
12-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Bambi was a buck!

WRANGLERV8
12-07-2009, 08:31 AM
I hate to be the one to tell you this dude, but from these pics, it looks more like Bambi 1 Jk 0......:D

corey d

I think we're gonna need pics of Bambi in order to make a clear decision.:D

TripleJackInGA
12-07-2009, 08:54 AM
I guess I was thinking of it more in terms of how bad it would have been in any other type of vehicle.
A deer strike at 50-60MPH in anything else would have likely caused major damage, whereas this is purely superficial. A fender flare and support, and it's almost gone. new bumper cover (I'll probably just wait and get a different bumper now), and it's totally unnoticeable.

TripleJackInGA
12-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Bambi was a buck!

Nope....Bambi was a doe in this case. If it had horns, I would have stopped and dragged it home for my neighbor to mount, LOL!

WRANGLERV8
12-07-2009, 09:13 AM
I guess I was thinking of it more in terms of how bad it would have been in any other type of vehicle.
A deer strike at 50-60MPH in anything else would have likely caused major damage, whereas this is purely superficial. A fender flare and support, and it's almost gone. new bumper cover (I'll probably just wait and get a different bumper now), and it's totally unnoticeable.

we're just messing with ya.the damage is not bad at all.I was just hoping for some gorey pics.;)

STUPIDFACE
12-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I think we're gonna need pics of Bambi in order to make a clear decision.:D

Thats right, thats why i said, "from these pics" in my original post. Lets see how much body damage bambi had.:D

corey d

benmar2000
12-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I have a complete front bumper from mine if you want it.. Been sitting under my old YJ for the past 2 1/2 years..

nourlmt
12-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I got a frnt cover as well but it has the same dents from the same reason!!

Glad youre okay

BiGEN
12-09-2009, 09:20 AM
a deer jumped out on me and hit my jeep.. knocked my front and rear fender flares off along with breaking my license plate holder.. but bad news for the deer it hit my rear LOD bumper cut its ass end up and killed it =)

it did no damage to the fender flares.. but break them off.. had to go buy new clips to hold the flares on.. and they cost a pretty penny.. i got a discount since i know someone who works at the dealership.. i got them for 3.90 a clip instead of 4.80 a clip... so yea.. i spent over $100 just to fix it..