New to the list.. [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: New to the list..

SKeene
05-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Hello List. I'm new here, but been on other lists before. I am from Southern California. Been Off roading about 15 years, mostly Toyota trucks. I'm tired of not having a back seat and the new Toy trucks are just too long for off roading. So I'm planing on buying a JK Rubicon Unlimited soon so I'm here trying to educate myself on what kind of mods will be needed for dependable off roading.

I need a back seat so I can scare more passengers. My girlfriend has gotten too hard to scare. Shes used to offroading darn-it!!

SKeene
Anaheim, Ca

xxxxBert338
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Welcome, and the JK Rubicon Unlimited is an awsome off roads vehicle.:bounce:

1TallJKer
05-14-2008, 02:04 AM
Welcome, from another (soon to be again) SoCaler.

skibum
05-14-2008, 06:20 AM
So I'm planing on buying a JK Rubicon Unlimited soon so I'm here trying to educate myself on what kind of mods will be needed for dependable off roading.

You'll need all of them. Education over. :D Welcome to the forum BTW.

SKeene
05-14-2008, 11:58 AM
You'll need all of them. Education over. :D Welcome to the forum BTW.

Well Darn! I was hoping the rubicon wouldn't need so much work... lol

skibum
05-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Need might have been too strong a word. But you will want all of them. :D

luigi0523
05-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Welcome! Jeep mods are an addiction, the more you do the more you want.

rubirobv
05-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome from Bay Area, Just wanted to say that Skibum and Luigi0523 speak the truth. I joined the forum five weeks ago with a bone stock JK Rubicon Unlimited. Asked a few questions and received alot of valuable input. Then all of a sudden this happened. RE 4.5 extreme long arm kit, RE 1310 front and rear drive shafts, Superior 5:13 gears, Dynatrac diff covers, Skid Row engine/trans skid plate, Procomp 7028 17X8.5 wheels, Procomp xtreme 37/12.5R17 M/T tires, All Warn front and rear rock crawler bumpers with tire carrier, rock sliders, blocker beam skid, 9.5ti winch, AFE cai, Magnaflow catback exhaust, PIAA 540 lamp kit, Hella air horn, Optima d34 yellow top battery, etc... After the initial shock and when the feeling came back to my legs, I was able to stand again. Then, full on addiction set in. BP and heart rate normal. I think I'll be ok as long as I keep spending.:shocked:

BigO
05-15-2008, 06:30 AM
You may need an intervention. :D

Welcome from Bay Area, Just wanted to say that Skibum and Luigi0523 speak the truth. I joined the forum five weeks ago with a bone stock JK Rubicon Unlimited. Asked a few questions and received alot of valuable input. Then all of a sudden this happened. RE 4.5 extreme long arm kit, RE 1310 front and rear drive shafts, Superior 5:13 gears, Dynatrac diff covers, Skid Row engine/trans skid plate, Procomp 7028 17X8.5 wheels, Procomp xtreme 37/12.5R17 M/T tires, All Warn front and rear rock crawler bumpers with tire carrier, rock sliders, blocker beam skid, 9.5ti winch, AFE cai, Magnaflow catback exhaust, PIAA 540 lamp kit, Hella air horn, Optima d34 yellow top battery, etc... After the initial shock and when the feeling came back to my legs, I was able to stand again. Then, full on addiction set in. BP and heart rate normal. I think I'll be ok as long as I keep spending.:shocked:

BigO
05-15-2008, 06:36 AM
Welcome SKeene! The Rubicon is pretty damn capable out of the box. A lift with some bigger tires for more clearance may be all you need. But all that mod usually does is start that little snowball rolling down that very long hill. :grinpimp: