picked up some new stuff for the AR [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: picked up some new stuff for the AR

rockrash
11-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I picked up some new toys over the weekend an eotech 512, magpul moe carbine stock and a magpul miad grip. now I just have to decide on a free float rail.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/rockrash2/012-7.jpg?t=1259643345

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/rockrash2/018-5.jpg?t=1259643379

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/rockrash2/023-8.jpg?t=1259643437

I took it the range on sunday and couldnt be happier with the eotech.

w squared
11-30-2009, 10:13 PM
I think you're going to love that kit in the long run. I've got an Eotech and a Magpul CTR on my 10.5" barreled AR, and I love 'em.

That CTR is clear and away the best telescoping AR stock that I have ever used.

lockednloaded
12-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Looks good. I'm hoping to have an Eotech on mine soon. How do you like the MIAD grip? I just ordered one...

rockrash
12-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Looks good. I'm hoping to have an Eotech on mine soon. How do you like the MIAD grip? I just ordered one...

I like it alot I just need to get the core that holds the AA batteries

sniper41
12-01-2009, 04:53 PM
That's a nice set up! Wish I could mod mine but it isn't "technically" mine! That looks really good though.

Riverkid
12-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I like it alot I just need to get the core that holds the AA batteries

Those babies are backordered to the moon! I just got mine after waiting two months...

JKRay
12-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey rockrash, Cool blaster.
who's lower is that?

shrockworks
12-10-2009, 01:25 PM
I have the same setup on a 9mm AR. I love it. Congrats!

Riverkid
12-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey rockrash, Cool blaster.
who's lower is that?

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13788

RobertJK
12-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Went to your link... love your winchester:beer:
Yup couple of Spikes guys here with JK's :grinpimp: I wont mention any names. Spike is a jeep guy as well but sadly not a JK... yet:mr-t:

Nice shooter,

Robert

trailyeti
12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Consider the Aimpoint T-1 with the Larue mount. Batteries are a non-issue. You'll thank yourself in the long run. Eotechs are infamous for battery issues.

Tacoeatingpedro
12-27-2009, 10:30 AM
I have an Aimpoint Comp M3 LT Cantilever mount. Magpul stock, and Grip. A tango down battle grip on a LaRue Tactical 10" Handguard. I also have Troy battle sights. I love my setup, its almost done.http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/sPs5RcHG1dUPWckrcVWUeQ?feat=directlink

lockednloaded
12-28-2009, 02:30 PM
I installed my MIAD grip on Christmas (it was a gift for me from me), and that thing is awesome. A lot more comfy than the A2 grip that came stock. Fit was a little tight, but nothing a rubber mallet and some elbow grease couldn't solve. Use a BIG flathead screw driver to install the grip. Overall, love the thing and can't wait to go shoot with it.

How was the install on the MOE stock? I'm kinda eyeing one of those now....

STUPIDFACE
12-28-2009, 02:35 PM
now I just have to decide on a free float rail.

You cant go wrong with Daniel Defense....

corey d

usmcdoc14
12-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Consider the Aimpoint T-1 with the Larue mount. Batteries are a non-issue. You'll thank yourself in the long run. Eotechs are infamous for battery issues.

You know I never "got" that BS train of thought :laughing:
Its an electronic device on a "combat" weapon, it takes batteries. Therefore those batteries should be checked and replaced OFTEN, just like flashlights, strobes, GPS and any other "mission essential" gear.

In that same line of thinking as yours I could put a low power LED flashlight on my gun and it could have battery life for days.....but it would have annoying limitations.

Just like the aimpoint :thefinger: I like aimpoints and a few of my weapons have them but they have issues that the Eotech does not. Like parallax error when viewing the "dot" off-center in your field of view. Parallax error with a NVG used on the weapon. A small field of view that gets stupid small with the T-1( ya it gets killer battery life but its like looking through a straw)

My newest AK I really like as everything on it uses 123 batteries. The EOtech XPS the M9 weapon light. And it gets fed new batteries every month or so weather it needs it or not. :grinpimp:

As for the FF handguard it depends on what you want for rails. I have a YHM diamond cut on one AR and love it and a V-tac on my other and love it.

kerryp
01-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Well its obvious that this new AR hobby is going to be just as expensive as the Jeep, freaking optics are expensive, oh well..... , I'm happy with open sights for now and figure its better to learn shooting with them (adjusting for windage, etc) and then maybe upgrading to some of those fancy expensive optics...

question for you guys. I plan on staying with the collapsible stock that came with my LMT for now and spending money on rails and other things first....I was wondering if there is a good buttstock pad out there that will attach to the buttstock.

I'm ok shooting it the way it is but it feels a little short for my liking and it wouldn't hurt to have a little cushion that will prevent slippage too....any ideas? Here is the rifle...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/kerryp/Guns/P1020067.jpg

Riverkid
01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm sure there is a pad available. Also, you can keep your buffer tube in place and just swap to a different buttstock - some are built a bit longer FYI...

Topkicker
01-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Those are some evil lookin sumbitches. I'd need a shovel to clean out my pants if yall flashed one of those AR's at me!

Grover
01-30-2010, 10:36 AM
my first AR build is on a spikes lower. It turned out so great a bunch of my friends have got spikes lowers after seeing mine. I would reccomend them to anyone.

scottrock
01-30-2010, 06:04 PM
my first AR build is on a spikes lower. It turned out so great a bunch of my friends have got spikes lowers after seeing mine. I would reccomend them to anyone.

X2. I'm working on two builds ATM with spikes lowers as a base. Very nice pieces. :smokin:

rooster
01-30-2010, 09:16 PM
X2. I'm working on two builds ATM with spikes lowers as a base. Very nice pieces. :smokin:

x3 I love my Spikes ST-15! Only thing I need to do is change the YH rail and put a Spikes rail on it. Then it will be Spikes built front to back, top to bottom.

RobertJK
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM

Let Ray or myself know when your ready for an upper.

Rooster,
I was messin around with our new rail Friday, I should have a prototype for some T&E of my own soon. It wont be long now.
Scott, I am also thinking of selling one of my personal uppers to fund my tires (need some before Jeep Beach) but it is a high end upper. Mike Rock fluted 16"barrel with M-4 cut extention and phantom flash hider. M-16 BCG and an origional ST rail. I may swap that out for a Daniels Defense 10". The upper is a standard t-marked flattop. It's my last ST rail of our origional lineup, guess Im sentimental.

scottrock
01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Scott, I am also thinking of selling one of my personal uppers to fund my tires (need some before Jeep Beach) but it is a high end upper. Mike Rock fluted 16"barrel with M-4 cut extention and phantom flash hider. M-16 BCG and an origional ST rail. I may swap that out for a Daniels Defense 10". The upper is a standard t-marked flattop. It's my last ST rail of our origional lineup, guess Im sentimental.

PM incoming :D

rooster
01-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Let Ray or myself know when your ready for an upper.

Rooster,
I was messin around with our new rail Friday, I should have a prototype for some T&E of my own soon. It wont be long now.

Cool let me know. I saw some of your prototype stuff on line the other day. I like whats coming!

kerryp
02-01-2010, 07:56 AM
I've been deciding if I want to go with rails on mine, but I like the classic look and I really don't intend on mounting a lot of stuff to mine, I like it simple and un-cluttered, not to mention rails are expensive if you want a good set....

The only reason I want some sort of rail is so I can mount a vertical grip....some day I might mount a flash light, but thats something I haven't decided on yet...

i just need to figure out a way to mount a grip..and I guess I have gone away from the classic look anyway since I got rid of the standard stock and went with a MOE. It definatly fits my shoulder a lot better and is a little longer which helps with my long arms,,,,,,decisions, decisions...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/kerryp/Guns/P2010009.jpg