Duke
05-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Damn Phil. Didn't know your were a gun nut.....:smokin:

gcg
05-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I find it easier to just be polite.

Bigjerm
05-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I know ill be polite to Phil from now on....

nam6869usmc
05-09-2008, 04:43 AM
PhilD,. very impressive collection,..I wish I had you in the "Nam" with me, I could of actually got some Shut Eye & felt perfectly safe.:beer:

RotorHead
05-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Very nice Phil. That would be too many decisions for me though. It's hard enough trying to decide between the Jeep and the motorcycle on a nice day. :beer:

BigO
05-09-2008, 06:02 AM
Damn...you have more weapons than I have underwear. That is a nice collection you have going there. Looks like the money you spend on your Jeep is rivaled by your weapons collection. Very nice. :beer:

I find it easier to just be polite.

A lot of polite unarmed people get murdered every year. I see it on my local news (Charlotte) every day. ;)

nam6869usmc
05-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Damn...you have more weapons than I have underwear. That is a nice collection you have going there. Looks like the money you spend on your Jeep is rivaled by your weapons collection. Very nice. :beer:

A lot of polite unarmed people get murdered every year. I see it on my local news (Charlotte) every day. ;)

X2,,everyday somewhere a nice Innocent polite people get butchered by some punk, animal, creep that don't even care. Arm yourself, protect your family, then you don't have to stand there with your thumb up your a$$ because the wacko knows he gottcha.

gcg
05-09-2008, 08:49 AM
And they're murdered by Rambo wannabes toting guns "for protection". I see it on the news everyday.

venom
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Very nice collection Phil!

As far as the politeness, as long as the bad guys are carrying, the good guys need to be too.

BigO
05-09-2008, 09:05 AM
And they're murdered by Rambo wannabes toting guns "for protection". I see it on the news everyday.

Wow...where do I begin with that one. You're confusing law-abiding citizens "toting guns for protection" with gang bangers, home invaders, drug dealers, etc. When's the last time you heard of a person with a concealed carry license participate in a drive by?

"Rambo wannabes"...there's a new one...:shaking:

dougnpj
05-09-2008, 09:22 AM

Most of the killings I see on the news are the result of politically correct parents who are “polite to the kids” and don’t teach them right and wrong. People need to raise their own kids and not expect the teachers and doctors to do it for them. I also see that almost all of the killing sprees happen at Gun free zones so law abiding mentally sound people cant defend themselves against the twisted little punk who must have needed a few more time outs in his life or maybe a new prescription to help him adjust to the real world.

Sorry this is something that gets under my skin a little. And I wont make it a habit on this forum.
:shaking:

dougnpj
05-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Oh and Phil very nice collection.:beer::cool:

gcg
05-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Most of the killings I see on the news are the result of politically correct parents who are “polite to the kids” and don’t teach them right and wrong. People need to raise their own kids and not expect the teachers and doctors to do it for them. I also see that almost all of the killing sprees happen at Gun free zones so law abiding mentally sound people cant defend themselves against the twisted little punk who must have needed a few more time outs in his life or maybe a new prescription to help him adjust to the real world.

Sorry this is something that gets under my skin a little. And I wont make it a habit on this forum.
:shaking:
Well, it gets under my skin, too. Although I'm personally anti-gun, I have no problem with responsible adults owning guns and using them responsibly. The problem I see is that there are way, way too many gun owners that aren't responsible. And they're killing every day. The response of many gun owners is "we need more guns". To me, the problem is that we have too many guns and would be far better off with fewer guns. The more we promote guns in this society, the more killings we will have. Personally, I prefer to try and move forward to a more civilized society, not backwards to a less civilized society. We outgrew the horse and buggy, it's time we outgrow the need for "guns for protection", in my opinion.

The US has the highest number of gun related deaths of all western societies. Most studies have shown that having a gun in the house significantly increases the chance of violent death or suicide in the home. One can think they are protecting their family by having their guns. In some cases, that is undoubtly true. But, according to the scientific studies, the family is actually put at a significantly higher risk of violent death or suicide.

Everyone can make their own choice. However, if someone were selling me a new high tech electronic home safety feature guaranteed to fry a bad guy every time I would be interested. However if the fine print said that there was a 2 to 10 times higher likelihood that it would fry someone in your family, would you buy it?

As to your last point, I also hope this doesn't become a common theme on this forum. Personally, I'm disappointed that this section was added. This started as a Jeep forum. There are many gun forums elsewhere. Many Jeep owners are gun enthusiasts. Many aren't. Guns are a highly polarizing topic in this country. I'd prefer that we keep the Jeep forums Jeep related and let those that are gun enthusiasts go to the gun forums for that information.

Personally, I think this section should be removed.

venom
05-09-2008, 11:23 AM
As to your last point, I also hope this doesn't become a common theme on this forum. Personally, I'm disappointed that this section was added. This started as Jeep forum. There are many gun forums elsewhere. Many Jeep owners are gun enthusiasts. Many aren't. Guns are a highly polarizing topic in this country. I'd prefer that we keep the Jeep forums Jeep related and let those that are gun enthusiasts go to the gun forums for that information.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but
No one is making you read this section.
If you are anti-gun, that's fine, but if you make the conscious decision to click and read the gun based threads in the guns and ammo section of the board, then YOU have chosen to participate in this discussion area.
There is no law saying you must participate in every single section of the board.
Take personal responsibility for your own actions.
Don't like it, don't read or post in it.
Seems pretty simple to me.

I'll probably never goto Canada, so the Canada section of the board is of no use to me and their posts probably have no interest to me, but I'm not saying to remove it. Leave it for the Canadians and those with Canadian interests and I'll probably never read it.
(No offense to my Canuck friends, simply using it as an example)

gcg
05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but
No one is making you read this section.
If you are anti-gun, that's fine, but if you make the conscious decision to click and read the gun based threads in the guns and ammo section of the board, then YOU have chosen to participate in this discussion area.
There is no law saying you must participate in every single section of the board.
Take personal responsibility for your own actions.
Don't like it, don't read or post in it.
Seems pretty simple to me.

I'll probably never goto Canada, so the Canada section of the board is of no use to me and their posts probably have no interest to me, but I'm not saying to remove it. Leave it for the Canadians and those with Canadian interests and I'll probably never read it.
(No offense to my Canuck friends, simply using it as an example)
True. It just irritates me every time I hit the "New Posts" link and see all the gun related stuff. I just don't see the need to add it to the Jeep forum. If you're a responsible gun owner, fine. If you want that kind of information, it's available on a gun forum where you can share your thoughs with like minded people. However, you have to admit that it is a highly polarizing topic. Why interject it here and irritate or piss off a large number of people that just want to talk Jeeps.

venom
05-09-2008, 11:36 AM
But at what point do you draw the line?
No camping threads?
No XJ/CJ/YJ etc threads (this IS JK owners and what good does an XJ post do me? I don't have one)
Should we ditch the ChitChat section too since it's not strictly JK related?
You are 'forced' to see those threads with the 'new posts' button too.
The way I see it, the g&a section is exactly like the chitchat area. Not Jeep related and totally optional to the "jkowners.com experience"

BigO
05-09-2008, 11:53 AM
However, you have to admit that it is a highly polarizing topic. Why interject it here and irritate or piss off a large number of people that just want to talk Jeeps.

I hear ya...but my experience here has led me to believe that we're all adults (EDIT: well, except for that C-rog dude and the whole "goodies" fiasco :D)who can carry on a discussion like this without anyone getting pissed off. Just be.....civilized.

Well, then again, this is a "new" section without much of a track record. :D

venom
05-09-2008, 11:57 AM
and don't forget HOTDAD
there have to be a few socially inept in every large group I guess
:mr-t:

gcg
05-09-2008, 11:58 AM
But at what point do you draw the line?
No camping threads?
No XJ/CJ/YJ etc threads (this IS JK owners and what good does an XJ post do me? I don't have one)
Should we ditch the ChitChat section too since it's not strictly JK related?
You are 'forced' to see those threads with the 'new posts' button too.
The way I see it, the g&a section is exactly like the chitchat area. Not Jeep related and totally optional to the "jkowners.com experience"
You could say that about any added section. How about sewing? Gardening? Liberal politics? Aroma therapy? Sure, we can ignore anything but somethings just seem out of place or inappropriate.

venom
05-09-2008, 12:09 PM
You could say that about any added section. How about sewing? Gardening? Liberal politics? Aroma therapy? Sure, we can ignore anything but somethings just seem out of place or inappropriate.

And some aren't that far out.
Jeep enthusiast GENERALLY means an outdoorsy type lifestyle
many outdoorsy types like to hunt and shoot
do the fishing threads bother you too?
how about the ATV section?
What about the 'show your pet' thread?
The famous numbered pics thread or the word association threads are totally unrelated to jeeps...
I have pics of some of my animals in my member gallery, would you like me to remove them?

Bottom line is that evidently there is enough interest here to justify it's existance.
Lance - the man who OWNS the site felt like it was a good addition.
If he wants to put in a section about Scottish Kilt patterns and the tartan color and patterns relating to family heritage, well then if no one posts in it, then it will flop and go away. However if there happen to be alot of Scottish Jeepers on here, then there will posts, discussions and those who wish to read it, will. Everyone else will just have to ignore it.

Alec W
05-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I know almost nothing about firearms but that’s a nice collection for an ex Brit Phil ;)

gcg, I’ve been on both sides of this argument and gradually over the years become more pro gun. I don’t own one but the more of these mass killings I see the more I believe I need to go get myself trained and start carrying. That, or hope someone like these guys are at the Mall when the some punk kid wants to make himself famous.

K-Bear
05-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Phil, that is a beautiful collection of firearms. I particularly like the AR. Who manufactured that? I love the look of the hand guard.

Gcg, as Venom previously stated, many Jeep people are also hunters, and outdoor enthusiasts. Many of us own guns, and a place to talk about firearms is a welcome addition to these forums.

You seem intent on making this section about gun control. If you're offended by this section of the forums, all you have to do is stay out.

a plumber
05-09-2008, 10:03 PM
The famous numbered pics thread or the word association threads are totally unrelated to jeeps...

SWEET I HAVE A FAMOUS THREAD! This forum is directly linked to Pirate4x4.com This section is also located on that board and has become incredibly popular. I personally love having this kind of stuff on this board, it makes it a one stop shop for me while I am at work, it makes it easier to fend off BIG BROTHER.:thefinger:

As far as the gun control thing goes, I own many. I want more. I hunt, and I keep them close by in case the zombies come in the middle of the night. Threads like this remind me of the old saying "Guns don't kill people, people do". We should probably get rid of cars and everything else that hurts people. If parents took the time to spend with there children and teach them common sense about firearms, and everything else in life discussions like this would not take place, until then, nice collection!

PhilD
05-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Phil, that is a beautiful collection of firearms. I particularly like the AR. Who manufactured that? I love the look of the hand guard.It's a custom gun, built by Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting Sports (http://www.triangleshootingsports.com/). It's a 20" bull barrel cut down to a square profile, titanium comp, carbon fiber hand guard, JP 2 lb trigger, Aimpoint Comp-M (M-68) 3 MOA dot sight, etc, etc. Shoots real nice, next to no muzzle rise, very fast to shoot and is good in it's current format out to 200 yds.

Dustoff '68
05-13-2008, 01:36 PM
One of many Colts I own....

PhilD
05-13-2008, 01:46 PM
One of many Colts I own....Nice :smokin:

BigO
05-13-2008, 01:50 PM
One of many Colts I own....

Does keeping it in your vegetable bin prevent the wood grip from drying up? :thefinger: :laughing:

Dustoff '68
05-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Does keeping it in your vegetable bin prevent the wood grip from drying up? :thefinger: :laughing:

Heh...heh...heh...it's my barbecue gun...folks love it...I don't carry it, 'cause she's too damn pretty...:thefinger:

usmcdoc14
05-16-2008, 04:33 PM
go on a military obligation and this forum pops up :laughing:

MarcM
05-16-2008, 08:06 PM
I love P7s and HK's in general. Wish I had bought a P7 when they were still importing them. Nice collection.:usa:

bad day
05-20-2008, 09:04 AM
gcg you sure do seem to pop up on the gun threads with some regularity. Thats a good thing I'm glad to see you here. Hey guys it seems that gcg is pretty rational. If my history with firearms sounded more like his I might not be much of a fan. If any of you shooters have gone wheelin' with him maybe you could invite him to the range. If you read his history you know he's lost people to firearms maybe you can take a minute tonight when all the lights are off to try to put yourself in his shoes, then Maybe we can get him or any non-shooter to a range and show them what our world is all about. If people who have never shot or didn't grow up around guns aren't given the opportunity then all they have to base their opinion on is the evening news. Sorry got a little preachy there.

SDMF
05-21-2008, 05:35 PM
This is my Springfield Operator.

I am about to head off to the range, haha.

http://www.haloblog.net/pics/PX9105MLP.jpg

TEXASKEV
09-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Sweet Phill, I have a couple of the same ones. Now I have the itch to buy another cool one:)

Jared89
09-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Cool, a guns and ammo section :smokin:

Here's a few of my favorites:

Brazos BCG Pro SX in .38Super:
http://www.philday.com/firearms/images/brazos.jpg

I know this is an old thread but can you post some specs about this sti i am loving it c-more looks awesome on top. Is this custom or factory sti?

jkjones
09-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Well, it gets under my skin, too. Although I'm personally anti-gun, I have no problem with responsible adults owning guns and using them responsibly. The problem I see is that there are way, way too many gun owners that aren't responsible. And they're killing every day. The response of many gun owners is "we need more guns". To me, the problem is that we have too many guns and would be far better off with fewer guns. The more we promote guns in this society, the more killings we will have. Personally, I prefer to try and move forward to a more civilized society, not backwards to a less civilized society. We outgrew the horse and buggy, it's time we outgrow the need for "guns for protection", in my opinion.

The US has the highest number of gun related deaths of all western societies. Most studies have shown that having a gun in the house significantly increases the chance of violent death or suicide in the home. One can think they are protecting their family by having their guns. In some cases, that is undoubtly true. But, according to the scientific studies, the family is actually put at a significantly higher risk of violent death or suicide.

Everyone can make their own choice. However, if someone were selling me a new high tech electronic home safety feature guaranteed to fry a bad guy every time I would be interested. However if the fine print said that there was a 2 to 10 times higher likelihood that it would fry someone in your family, would you buy it?

As to your last point, I also hope this doesn't become a common theme on this forum. Personally, I'm disappointed that this section was added. This started as a Jeep forum. There are many gun forums elsewhere. Many Jeep owners are gun enthusiasts. Many aren't. Guns are a highly polarizing topic in this country. I'd prefer that we keep the Jeep forums Jeep related and let those that are gun enthusiasts go to the gun forums for that information.

personally i think if you dont like guns you're in the wrong thread!

PhilD
09-21-2009, 05:12 AM
I know this is an old thread but can you post some specs about this sti i am loving it c-more looks awesome on top. Is this custom or factory sti?It's a custom by Bob Londrigan over at BCG:

http://www.brazoscustom.com/ProSx.htm

Jared89
09-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info. Talk about sticker shock :bawling:

PhilD
09-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the info. Talk about sticker shock :bawling:Yeah, Bob is proud of his work! You can find plenty of good open guns for around $3-3.5k.

STUPIDFACE
09-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Cool pics Phil. I have several guns, including some glocks, 1911s, and others, but these are my favorites....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/c0ldrink/CQB2.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/c0ldrink/RRAAR15.jpg

corey d

officer_vince
09-23-2009, 08:14 AM
True. It just irritates me every time I hit the "New Posts" link and see all the gun related stuff. I just don't see the need to add it to the Jeep forum. If you're a responsible gun owner, fine. If you want that kind of information, it's available on a gun forum where you can share your thoughs with like minded people. However, you have to admit that it is a highly polarizing topic. Why interject it here and irritate or piss off a large number of people that just want to talk Jeeps.

Wipe your vagina off.
Go participate in a Liberal convention and give all the poor, misunderstood murders and gangbangers a hug...I'll protect my family thank you very much.

STUPIDFACE
09-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Wipe your vagina off.
Go participate in a Liberal convention and give all the poor, misunderstood murders and gangbangers a hug...I'll protect my family thank you very much.

Well put. She speaks of "like minded people" so maybe she should roll out and go find some people like her.

corey d