Do your neighboors think you're Crazy? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Do your neighboors think you're Crazy?

airric00
04-16-2008, 12:09 PM
I was outside last night greasing up the links under the jeep and then crawled into the back and jumped up and down :bounce: to start working the grease into the joints. I got to wondering what an outsider might be thinking at this point?

WTF_LOL
04-16-2008, 12:15 PM
I had an XJ. When I bought it I lived in an apartment. I have a power inverter that can run my angel grinder. I decided one day to raise the fenders so I had to cut the sheetmetal higher all the way around the wheel well. Long story short, I was standing in the apartment parking lot, with cars to either side of my rig, sparks flyin and bouncin off the aprtment wall :D

I got tons of dirty looks, especially considering the sound of a cutting wheel on a sheetmetal body but no letters from the managment so it was all good :smokin:

NE Wrangling
04-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't really care anymore what people think. I'm paying for it and in general everyone thinks it's looks cool. I do my best to keep the parts from getting all over the place.

airric00
04-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I had an XJ. When I bought it I lived in an apartment. I have a power inverter that can run my angel grinder. I decided one day to raise the fenders so I had to cut the sheetmetal higher all the way around the wheel well. Long story short, I was standing in the apartment parking lot, with cars to either side of my rig, sparks flyin and bouncin off the aprtment wall :D

I got tons of dirty looks, especially considering the sound of a cutting wheel on a sheetmetal body but no letters from the managment so it was all good :smokin:

Ha Ha... Someone should have taken a picture of that one! It would have been even more funny at the mall or something!:D

skibum
04-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Most of my neighbors own Jeeps of one sort or another. They get it. :D

venom
04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't have neighbors :grinpimp:
closest thing is a golf course about 500 feet from my house.

A buddy gave me a trailer the other day - it had a lock on the back and the key was lost long ago.
So I used my Kalashnakov Masterkey :D
That drew some fearful looks from the 9th green...
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/gallery/files/1/4/6/aklockpick.jpg

skibum
04-16-2008, 04:25 PM

A buddy gave me a trailer the other day - it had a lock on the back and the key was lost long ago.

I don't think you have enough club there............now my FN sniper rifle with the bipod.........:D

venom
04-16-2008, 04:31 PM
oh I coulda brought out some harder hitters :mr-t::innocent:
the 7.62 literally exploded the lock tho, biggest piece i could find was about 2/3 of the shank hoop.

skibum
04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
oh I coulda brought out some harder hitters :mr-t::innocent:
the 7.62 literally exploded the lock tho, biggest piece i could find was about 2/3 of the shank hoop.

apparently, it was enough club.........:D

dougnpj
04-18-2008, 10:29 AM

I have been thinking about getting a scope mount for my AK (and a scope) where did you find yours and how accurate is it?:smokin::beer:

venom
04-18-2008, 10:37 AM
The mount was on mine when I got it, it's one of the replacement covers with a tri-rail built in.
Picked it up at a gun show and the guy had a scope, flashlight and a laser on it.
Kind of overkill.
I left the Simmons 3x9 on it and it's accurate enough. Not on par with my long range 7mag by any stretch but it'll get the job done.

Luckily that POS house trailer next door is empty and rapidly degrading. The lot its on is like 40' wide and all that separates me from the golf course. After the trailer degrades a little further, I'll try to buy the land and eliminate any chance for neighbors :thefinger:

YmansJK
04-18-2008, 02:44 PM
So where did your buddy steal the trailer from? That is the only way somebody would give me a trailer with a lock on it and no key :laughing:

venom
04-18-2008, 02:48 PM
nah he's just like me and loses keys all the damn time:innocent: