KS newbie [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: KS newbie

Rubi-Khu
09-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Greetings from Stilwell, KS (south Kansas City)

Not quite an owner but I have an '08 Unlimited Det Yellow Rubicon on order. Well at least the dealer has my order as of 9/24/07.

I am transitioning from a Ford F-150 because I just love the Jeep Wrangler since forever, but more now with the new 4-door version. I just gotta have one!! :)

Although I have zero off-roading experience, I'm hoping to hook up with the local Jeep club and gain some experience. This is a cool site, and I noticed the lack of sponsors censorship practice.

Looking forward to learning lots from you guys!

-- Remi

P.S. Anyone here in the KC area??

MichaelW
09-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Welcome Remi!

It's ok that your almost an owner and don't have experience yet. We will help where we can in the experience part and time will fix your ownership status.

I certainly hope we can find another KS local for you to wheel with because despite the fun it may be to web wheel, real wheeling just can't be beat.

gcg
09-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Welcome! You should have a great time with your new JK - it's a great choice.

seiken01
09-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Welcome Remi! I'm in Olathe.

Which club are you looking into joining? I'm a member of the KCJeepclub which I joined a few months ago. Great bunch of people. :D

http://kcjeepclub.org

Rubi-Khu
09-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Yes, KC Jeep club is the one I had in mind. Based on their bylaws, it looks to be a club that's safety conscious. Maybe we could hook up so I can pick your brain and check out your rig? Please PM me... :)

BTW, couple of questions: 1. What does "Mall" mean on this forum? i.e., Mall rated 2. When referring to lifts, what does "BB" stand for?

Thanks,

--Remi

nam6869usmc
09-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Yes, KC Jeep club is the one I had in mind. Based on their bylaws, it looks to be a club that's safety conscious. Maybe we could hook up so I can pick your brain and check out your rig? Please PM me... :)

BTW, couple of questions: 1. What does "Mall" mean on this forum? i.e., Mall rated 2. When referring to lifts, what does "BB" stand for?

Thanks,

--Remi
Welcome Rubi-Khu..........
Michael's Rubi is a whole bunch more than "Mall Rated" (little joke from him)

"BB" Budget Boost = inexpensive lift(usually spacer lift......
"Mall Rated" = rated to climb nothing higher than a curb at the Mall.
This = Mall Rated below
"Beware" If climbing anything higher than a curb(Body will Crack in half)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/2007-fj-cruiser1.jpg

dayton1999
09-27-2007, 11:58 AM
PS: Anyone here in the KC area??

I know that the project-jk.com site is not the most favored of Internet sites here, but it is a pretty good resource for meeting locals. Go to the Staging Area - MidWest and maybe they'll be some good folks in your area.

If not, any time you're out in Southern California, I'll be happy to head out with you to any of the great trails we have!

Welcome Rubi-Khu..........
Michael's Rubi is a whole bunch more than "Mall Rated" (little joke from him)

Don't let them kid you! Michael's rig is little more than a stock Aerostar van!!!! But, there is the new suspension that allows his JK to flex like a pretzle... and the super-charger... and the cut flenders... and the... well, you get the point. ;)

paragon
09-28-2007, 06:50 PM
not from KC but we are up in OP 2 or 3 times a year.... just not this year.

I also never make it up there with either time to go wheeling or with a vehicle to go wheeling with. But there is some new park just south of town that I was told about and want to hit.

I hope to drive up next spring and hook up with some of the locals that have run it so they can show me around there.