SAVING FUEL IDEA I FOUND [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: SAVING FUEL IDEA I FOUND

B-RADS JK
04-16-2008, 04:08 AM
I SEEN A PRODUCT CALLED FITCH FUEL CATALYST. YOU CAN READ ABOUT IT AT THERE HOME PAGE. I WILL BE TRYING THIS PRODUCT OUT VERY SOON. THE PRICE IS ABOUT $175.00 NOT TO BAD IF IT DOES WHAT THEY SAY.;)

MarcM
04-16-2008, 04:40 AM
I will be curious to see what you think of it. Sounds like BS, but I hope it works.

TekWarren
04-16-2008, 06:15 AM
http://www.fitchcatalyst.com/index.php

I'm not sure how this differs from any of the other gimmicks out there...almost sounds/looks like its just some type of fuel filter?

Bigjerm
04-16-2008, 06:30 AM
reminds me of the magnets that "straighten" out the molecules in gas making it burn more efficiently that you can buy on Ebay, lol.

mrsig
04-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Keep us updated.. I like to know if it works too!

igofshn
04-16-2008, 07:04 AM
One of the shows on spike did a test with it. At the price it would take a very long time to even make a dent in fuel savings.

skibum
04-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Either Petersen's or JP (can't remember which) tested this thing and they said that it works as advertised. Note the word "advertised". Since the manufacturer advertises in the magazine, the results may be skewed, then again, maybe not. Keep us posted. :D

Alec W
04-16-2008, 04:29 PM
I have one of those tornado thingies I could sell you ;)

B-RADS JK
04-16-2008, 10:16 PM
ALEC YOU GOT A TORNADO. DID UPS BRING THAT TO YOU ALSO. LOL

IF I CAN GET 2 MILES MORE PER GALLON IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT. GAS HERE NOW IS AT 3.39 A GALLON FOR REG.:bawling:

NE Wrangling
04-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Fuel vaporization is the only proven method that would give real results. It came out in the 30's and it worked but the patents were sold off and cannot be used in commerical process. Look up a guy name Charles Pogue. Chemist teacher clued me into this invention allong time ago and explained how this is actually the best and most efficient way to make less gas do more. Unfrtunately Economy of Oil drives the world economy now so it will be hard to replace without time being involved to create a replacement solution.

Lucas718
04-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Fuel vaporization is the only proven method that would give real results. It came out in the 30's and it worked but the patents were sold off and cannot be used in commerical process. Look up a guy name Charles Pogue. Chemist teacher clued me into this invention allong time ago and explained how this is actually the best and most efficient way to make less gas do more. Unfrtunately Economy of Oil drives the world economy now so it will be hard to replace without time being involved to create a replacement solution.

I Googled Charles Pogue and the first link that comes up is one called the 100 mpg carburetor myth and explains why Pogue's theories would not work. I never heard of any of this until now, but it's an interesting read. http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/fish3.htm

PhilD
04-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Hmmm, there seems to be very little info on how it actually works. Fuel atoms can be catalytically hydrolyzed, but not by anything that Fitch claim is in their product.

Their web site is 99% hype with little scientific fact to back up their claims. The product seems to do everything, even increasing the octane, which by itself would not do anything for fuel economy or performance anyway.

Install it, change your driving habits ever so slightly, and it will improve mpg. Well, actually the slight change in driving habits will.

NE Wrangling
04-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I haven't figured it out either and I'm not sure what is the magic behind it. There is allot of science behind it and what I don't remember is the flow of how it worked but I recall it is a multi chamber process that atomized the fuel and turned it into pressurized gas that burned with a fraction of that actual gas. I've looked into it from time to time but have never been able to figure it out. I do know that it would be near impossible with fuel injected computer controllled vehicle :)

toadontheroad
04-21-2008, 10:59 AM
ALEC YOU GOT A TORNADO. DID UPS BRING THAT TO YOU ALSO. LOL

IF I CAN GET 2 MILES MORE PER GALLON IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT. GAS HERE NOW IS AT 3.39 A GALLON FOR REG.:bawling:

Be happy you're not paying CA prices. $$ 3.89/gal. :pissed:

NE Wrangling
04-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Wife is in Virgina and she just reported the 3.89 on Sunday. We are at 3.40 and climbing steadily. Diesel is like 4.40 the few places that I saw it. My trucking buddy said they are way off on the trucking scheduling and are slowing down way to fast at work because no one is ordering materials due to the surcharges.

Bigjerm
04-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Be happy you're not paying CA prices. $$ 3.89/gal. :pissed:

What is it today? Gas just jumped here (same area as OP) so that $3.39 is now $3.44 at the cheapest station on my side of Atlanta. Hmm we are in for an interesting summer. I here the truckers on the CB in the morning talking and things are not looking pretty on their end.

mrsig
04-22-2008, 07:13 AM
Filled up at $3.41 on Friday night to go wheeling and I thought that was high.
Now in Florida near Ft Lauderdale the cheapest I have seen this am is $3.59 I guess I will not be 4 wheeling for a wile or fishing.. Is their any thing good on tv these days??

Bigjerm
04-22-2008, 07:31 AM
well we went from the posted $3.44 yesterday to $3.49 today. Hopefully my girlfriend gets the job she has a second interview for friday that is a 1/4 mile from my work. That way we can move on this side of the city and my round trip commute will go from 50 miles to under 10 miles (as low as 2 miles depending on apartments)

John L
04-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Filled up at $3.41 on Friday night to go wheeling and I thought that was high.
Now in Florida near Ft Lauderdale the cheapest I have seen this am is $3.59 I guess I will not be 4 wheeling for a wile or fishing.. Is their any thing good on tv these days??

If you get the Outdoor channel on Mondays there is On the Rocks TV and Four Wheeler TV. Four Wheeler is in my neck of the woods for the next couple of shows, Clayton, OK. I work with one of the drivers daughter in law.

NE Wrangling
04-22-2008, 06:52 PM
I try to tape the extreme 4x4 so I don't miss it. Very informative on customizing off road vehicles. They had an episode with the jk and I missed it. I'm taping hoping for a repeat to come.

lbh
04-22-2008, 11:13 PM
My feeling is this is a gimmick. With the massive restrictions OEM face and huge push from the fed gov to increase mpg, you would think this would be standard equipment on all vehicles. Keep us posted.

YmansJK
04-23-2008, 10:14 AM
well we went from the posted $3.44 yesterday to $3.49 today. Hopefully my girlfriend gets the job she has a second interview for friday that is a 1/4 mile from my work. That way we can move on this side of the city and my round trip commute will go from 50 miles to under 10 miles (as low as 2 miles depending on apartments)

Just feel lucky. I would love to pay 3.39 a gallon. I filled up at 4.05 a gallon this morning. 65 bucks. :bawling:

B-RADS JK
04-23-2008, 10:33 PM
O.K. LETS START SINCE I POSTED THIS GAS WENT UP TO $ 3.51 A GALLON WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

OK CHECK THIS OUT I JUST BOUGHT ME SOME OF THIS PRODUCT. THE SITE IS WWW.MYGASSAVER.NET CHECK IT OUTIF ANY ELSE THE FREE GAS WILL PAY FOR THE KIT.:bounce:

WTF_LOL
04-23-2008, 10:57 PM
O.K. LETS START SINCE I POSTED THIS GAS WENT UP TO $ 3.51 A GALLON WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

OK CHECK THIS OUT I JUST BOUGHT ME SOME OF THIS PRODUCT. THE SITE IS WWW.MYGASSAVER.NET CHECK IT OUTIF ANY ELSE THE FREE GAS WILL PAY FOR THE KIT.:bounce:

Anybody ever tell you that typing in all caps on a forum is like yelling?

Gives people headaches to read these posts

/rant.

B-RADS JK
04-23-2008, 11:38 PM
THAT'S JUST ME I GUESS.;)

Bigjerm
04-24-2008, 05:54 AM
Just feel lucky. I would love to pay 3.39 a gallon. I filled up at 4.05 a gallon this morning. 65 bucks. :bawling:

yeah but remember your standard of living is higher AND you probably make more than we do. Lord knows the company i work for pays folks in California A LOT more than people in the rest of the country

and today its $3.55

CJK
05-08-2008, 08:20 PM
I hear the little radio controlled (RC) 4x4's are a blast. No fuel required if you go electric :D Parts are much cheaper too.

toadontheroad
05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
yeah but remember your standard of living is higher AND you probably make more than we do. Lord knows the company i work for pays folks in California A LOT more than people in the rest of the country

and today its $3.55

HEY Jerm! You're not supposed to let that out! Now everyones gonna want to come to CA and that'll cut into my $9.50/hr big dollar gigs. Yeah.. that's right. Wish you were makin' that kinda dough, don'tcha? Huh?

Well, it's not really THAT much because milk is at $5 a gallon, eggs are $14 for 5 dozen. Heck, can't even find a Krispy Kreme, so the price doesn't matter. But at least my house payment is only $3500/ mo for the crappy 50 year old fixer upper... so I guess your right. I should get to pay more for gas than the rest.

Now if only I could get out of the bad habit of riding my bike to work just to save that darn gas stuff. :)