Question To VA Jeepers [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Question To VA Jeepers

ahilman
10-22-2009, 05:11 AM
I have a question for my JKO friends from Virginia. I'm a Jersey boy all my life. Right now, my wife and I are seriously contemplating making the move from NJ to VA, but we're a little unclear about something. Personal Property Tax. From what I understand, the state taxes you annually on your car. What's the average on an 09 JKU? I have a financed JK and she has a leased VW, and we're hearing that the personal property tax in VA would be just as much as life in Jersey.

Thanks JKO:beer:

ogre45
10-22-2009, 06:21 AM
It is going to depend alot on which county you are in. But I average 800/year on the JK. Virginia currently has a car tax relief fund which drops that down some.

motors4fun
10-22-2009, 06:21 AM
I just paid my taxes for the year and it was around 250 dollars. I have an 07 two door. I am in the military and got screwed because my wifes name is on the registration. If it were not for that then I would be exempt.

On a side note, why the hell would any one move to the communist wealth of virginia?

ahilman
10-22-2009, 06:51 AM
On a side note, why the hell would any one move to the communist wealth of virginia?

By that question I can tell you have never lived in NJ!

motors4fun
10-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Im from New York and have some friends in NJ. Never lived there much less paid any taxes. I tell you though, Eastern Virginia sucks Stay near the Mountains.

ahilman
10-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Im from New York and have some friends in NJ. Never lived there much less paid any taxes. I tell you though, Eastern Virginia sucks Stay near the Mountains.

I was actually looking toward the shore. What don't you like?

WahooJeep
10-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Tax rate varies from county to county, I'm in central VA and have a pretty low rate. I love VA, and couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

VaRUbiJK
11-04-2009, 05:30 PM
My 08 jk 4 door rubi was $175 for the year. that is in south west Va