Rubicon Video - Up Big Sluice [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Rubicon Video - Up Big Sluice

MichaelW
09-22-2007, 06:13 PM
I uploaded a video of the JK and my friends CJ heading up Big Sluice on the Rubicon. The video isn't wonderful and the footage was light as we ended up spending some time that day finding our run-a-way chocolate lab. We did find her so that part was good. Just wished I had more video.

The pinch we couldn't make in either vehicle is known for eating driveshafts, axles, transfer cases and just about everything else. So getting up in there as far as I did without breakage was pretty good I thought. Also if you see the last big push I would have lost my front passenger fender if I still had the full sized factory one installed. I would have goober'd up a tube fender too.

Oh well enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_mqtqE-iQg

Living Still
09-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Thank you Michael for posting my new favorite thing to watch hahaha. Since I no longer have my JK to drive I am itching for a little off road action. I guess living through other people on the forum is about all I can do for the next couple of months. Well... that and study. I wont jack your thread though... I'll write a new one up with some pics later today :). Keep havin fun!

-Casey

nam6869usmc
09-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Michael, as usual you put out some of the greatest Vid's showing the beautiful Country and Wheeling with some great looking Jeeps. My wife loves the Dogs but was worried they would get run over, LOL. I just had my 1st biggy at Rausch Park with my club WoW!...JK with front locker did awesome. A lot a photos & Vids will be put on here when our man gets them down loaded on our "Jeeps "R" Us" website, then I'll post. Skidrow Rock Rail saved left side, Gas Tank skid works,(took a big hit, big dent), chewed up a little bit of my left rear wheel, LCA brackets took hits but survived. Had a ball and didn't have time to take many pic's at all, but we stopped at this Bad A$$ Rock obstacle & 2 guy's with Rock Rigs tried it & did great.
A few Pic's on this Site below
http://picasaweb.google.com/nam6869usmc/Rausch

gcg
09-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Great video! Thanks for posting it. Interesting to see the Big Sluice run the other way!

drbeddow
10-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey we were there in Sept too. On the trail the 4th and 5th. I brought my
4dr Rubicon. It had 35s and a 3" lift. That tight spot on the Big Sluice definately made my eyes real big! Got through the whole trail with no body damage and only a small scrape on my right rear fender flare thanks to some awesome spotting by my buddy. Can't wait to do it again!!!

MichaelW
10-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Well let me know! Although I may not be able to squeeze it in again until next season. I'm trying to scare up a one day Fordyce trip.