INFO NEED IT [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: INFO NEED IT

marty1210
04-11-2008, 07:57 AM
hi my name is marty i live in lucernevalley cal i have a STK 4door jk 6speed i put 35 on it and have lost all of my lowend for playing off road can i get 4/56 gears ? do thay make them for my 07? and if so who and where? i just need to fine the gears i can put then in my self hope some one has INFO on this like the way it work whan it had the stk tires on it

NE Wrangling
04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
You would be looking for 4.88 minimum if you are looking for a return on the RPM range. I don't think 4.56 is available.

WTF_LOL
04-11-2008, 11:49 AM
If you do the math you will find that the equivalent to stock gears but with 35's comes out to something like 4.86. The closest gear is 4.88's. With these gears your speedometer, shiftpoints and power should be similar to stock.

Check out this link. It has the different gears and install kits available that you would need and it is a great company.

http://www.trailduty.com/index.php?cPath=113_130_389

First be sure to do some research. If I read what you said correctly sounds like you wanted to install them yourself. Do you have the equipment and knowledge to set backlash and check tolerances correctly? Gearing is something alot of people leave for shops or people with lots of experince to do, it is not a simple bolt in but it is possible to do in a garage...