Steering Wheel Shake [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Steering Wheel Shake

nam6869usmc
04-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Well i started to pickup some steering wheel shake when hitting a bump, crawled under, put my air tool on everything just to snug it all up, after I was done I seen fluid dripping from my(Skyjacker) Steering Sabilizer(from stem by the main body)...... the boot was ripped & the top was hitting & was sort of smashed in a little. Now I know why they make the Relocation Bracket. Put the new Stock one back on until I can get the Relocation Bracket & new beefy Stabilizer. Definitely wanna keep an eye on any over sized Stabilizer Install without the Bracket.

Marauder
04-10-2008, 02:08 PM
And keep and eye on the stock one mine went bad with only a couple thousand miles on it couls have got it replaced but bought an aftermarket one with a relocator braket

YmansJK
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Yep common with JK's. Woods makes a steering stabilizer relocation that will except the stock or aftermarket stabilizer. It is only like 30 bucks stainless steel. Check it out on his website. He has specials going right now.

4xfix.com
username - jeep
password - forum

Tell him Ymansjk sent you if you decide to order it.

BTW I installed this in about 20 minutes. Great product.

nam6869usmc
04-10-2008, 05:57 PM
And keep and eye on the stock one mine went bad with only a couple thousand miles on it couls have got it replaced but bought an aftermarket one with a relocator braket
Thx for the heads up...hopefully I'll have relocation bracket & A/M Stabilizer before to long.. I thank "ALEC W for this Avatar, says it allhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/WifeJeepParts.jpg

Yep common with JK's. Woods makes a steering stabilizer relocation that will except the stock or aftermarket stabilizer. It is only like 30 bucks stainless steel. Check it out on his website. He has specials going right now.

4xfix.com
username - jeep
password - forum

Tell him Ymansjk sent you if you decide to order it.

BTW I installed this in about 20 minutes. Great product.

Thx, I'll check it out. Poly has one also.