CoolTech CB Antenna and Mount [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: CoolTech CB Antenna and Mount

gcg
09-18-2007, 07:30 PM
I wanted to mention the great service I received from CoolTech. They make several different parts for JKs (www.cooltechllc.com (http://www.cooltechllc.com)) - I ordered their UltraMount CB Antenna mounting product a few weeks ago and just finished the install of it and my CB. When the UltraMount arrived at my house, it had been pretty badly mishandled by the shipping company and a few of the parts had fallen out of the ripped packaging.

I wasn't quite sure how this would be resolved, but contacted CoolTech to discuss it. Without hesitation, they said they would send new parts to me immediately without charge. I was, of course, quite pleased!

I had several questions along the way, some related to the antenna but some just general questions on how to install the CB, where to mount it, etc. Kendall there was very helpful, freely giving me advice whenever I needed it.

I really like this UltraMount product. It is probably the cleanest CB antenna mount that I've seen. All the hardware mounts inside the plastic rear license plate holder. The antenna itself just emerges out of a hole you drill in the top of it and that's all you see. No cables, no connectors, no nothing - it's all hidden. The parts were all very high quality - all in all, a very nice product.

I haven't used any of their other products yet but, based on what I've seen with this one, I'd be happy to use any of their other products.

MichaelW
09-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Kendall is top shelf!

I used his license plate mount myself and I also had an issue with an antenna (not CoolTech's fault) yet Kendall shipped me a replacement, no BS.

I was sad the day I relocated my license plate just because of Kendall's mount.

Living Still
09-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Another prop to the Cooltech Ultra Mount! Definitely a mod worth getting. Although... I still need to get around to grounding it properly through the body to get some good range out of the system. I would highly recommend the ultramount... looks stock and seems to be a quality product.

-Casey

Marauder
10-06-2007, 06:18 AM
I have there mount to and like the look of it.

But last time i went wheeling a limb wedged itself between it and the jeep body it warped the body of the jeep.

just bad luck on my part but just be careful as there is no give at all on the mount before it bending the very thin sheetmetal body