North Dakota. Anyone there? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: North Dakota. Anyone there?

Baja
10-09-2009, 07:41 PM
When I join these forums I always ask if there is anyone else out there from North Dakota. I've never received a response, but there got to be more of us out there.

offroader613
10-10-2009, 07:31 AM
I live in Beulah, about an hour west of Bismarck

I also know jeepgrl (go on my profile, on my friends list) lives in ND

Baja
10-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Good to hear from you. Do you ever get a chance to ride some trails in ND or SD?

offroader613
10-30-2009, 08:45 PM
If you mean trails like the city streets when they're covered in a foot of snow or gravel roads, then yes.... but, no, I haven't found any trails to ride on.

jeepgrl
11-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Sorry I missed this post....yeh for North Dakota!! Count me in (Bismarck):D

jeepgrl
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Hey you guys should drive by CK Auto and check out Chris's big black Jeep sitting out front, I think he put a Hemi in it and the tires are freakin HUGE!! It's been sitting out in front of his building and he also has a pretty sweet red Rubicon sitting there too for sale. Too bad I don't have a rich uncle somewhere I might start a collection...ha ha:D

offroader613
11-05-2009, 08:22 PM
You should take some photos for us less fortunate who probably won't get to see it..... Going deer hunting near Killdeer, so Bismarck is out of the question.

jeepgrl
11-09-2009, 05:42 PM
We're heading to Killdeer next weekend for Bambi, save us some. My sister lives up there. Check out CKauto.com maybe the jeeps are listed.

offroader613
11-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Okay, all this nice weather is screwing me up. Usually you're not supposed to be able to wash your Jeep in the driveway in late November while wearing a T-shirt. Anyone remember around how much snow we had at this time last year?

offroader613
12-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Just would like to wish my fellow North Dakota Jeepers a Merry Christmas.

Maybe I'll spot a few of you Bismarck Jeepers while we're down on Saturday visiting family

jweigel
03-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Mine should arrive in another couple weeks. It will be a Red Rock 4D Sahara. Those of you that have serviced your Jeeps in Bismarck....how are they towards modifications (lifts, tires, etc)?

There is so few JK's around, you can almost remember all of them.

jjw
ND

offroader613
03-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Sorry, can't help ya. Our Grand Cherokee has only been to Corwin Churchill twice in the three years we've owned it. Once for some warranty work, second for 60,000 mile fluid change.

jeepgrl
04-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Mine should arrive in another couple weeks. It will be a Red Rock 4D Sahara. Those of you that have serviced your Jeeps in Bismarck....how are they towards modifications (lifts, tires, etc)?

jjw
ND

So far no major issues with mine, but I would definately take it back to Chris at Ck auto if it needed work, he knows Jeeps. I love Raceday for oil changes and they do synthetic reasonable and you get free car washes with every oil change. They are super friendly and don't try to screw you. Corwin is highway robbery on parts I can't imagine repairs. They wanted like $28 for a door grommet on my old YJ, I found them on line in packs of 3 for less than that. I suppose you will have warranty for awhile, but you better check if it voids warranty work if you mod it, some of those butt heads won't touch it if you changed things. See ya around town, it's gettin warmer and about time to loose the top!!:D wooo hooo

offroader613
04-10-2010, 10:50 PM

jjw
ND

Do you have the Jeep now? Saw a red rock Sahara 4dr w/ dealer tags at Kirkwood today, wanted to follow and put my JKO card on it.

jweigel
05-15-2010, 07:00 AM
For now I think it is the only Red Rock with Khaki Top/Interior.

Took the top off last night. Lots of fun.

jjw

Butkus34
08-14-2010, 12:17 AM
count one more in for North Dakota

bitbyte
09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Bismarck here. 07 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon, hard top and bone stock (for now, I'm agaonizing over what rock rails/steps I want to get).

If you see me... WAVE! Pull me over and we can talk. Stick a JKO card on it if I'm in a parking lot, whatever!

So far I've had a sum total of 2 ppl Jeep Wave at me here (one wasn't even IN a Jeep) sionce I bought this thing 2 weeks ago, I'm starting to get an inferiority complex! It's nothing like when I owned a CJ5 back in the 80s.

Anyhow, we need a Jeep club here, even if it's to go burn hotdogs at Sertoma or the desert.

Send me a friend request on here if you're interested.

jeepdork
09-18-2010, 11:43 PM
I might be in the Tioga area for work and I was wondering of I'll get hassled for no mud flaps and my fender flares being cut. Where I live now we don't get much rain and no snow so it isn't an issue, cops don't take a second look at you here. You can see in my profile picture that the flares are cut back quite a bit. I am running 37 X 12.5's Let me know if you know if this will be an issue for me, Thanks.:beer:

JPlimo
03-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Another Bismarck'ian here! I have my '09 unlimited Rubicon (black), and my fiancee drives an '02 TJ on 35's.My ride is an '09 unlimited rubicon, 17k miles. Mods include
-3.5" Clayton hard arm suspension
-clayton high steer kit
-35" cooper STT's on stock wheels/spidertrax spacers
-Warn front bumper with powerplant
-5.38's are on order
-Tatton front shaft is on order, and if I like it, a rear will soon follow!
-And a few other small doo-dads!

I go mess around at kimbal bottoms whenever i get the itch, or just go drive gravel roads/section lines. We do trips to the black hills here and there, and have bigger trips in the works (moab/rubicon trail!)!

JK Woody
03-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Yall ought to swing down here to SD for Jeep Camp and Dakota Territory Challenge. If you need more info check out bh4wheelers..com or blackhillsjeeps..com

JPlimo
04-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Yall ought to swing down here to SD for Jeep Camp and Dakota Territory Challenge. If you need more info check out bh4wheelers..com or blackhillsjeeps..com

Ill be there JKW! We have 3 jeeps coming down so far! I will be riding along with my future brother-in-law in his TJ.

Butkus34
04-08-2011, 12:51 PM
I was hoping to make it but cannot, gonna have to get there the next go round!

Fnord5
04-09-2011, 05:23 PM
My sister just moved to Minot.
Not a Jeep owner, but I plan to visit her eventually.

greenenvey
05-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Bismarck jeep here too!! 2010 green rubi, pitbull decAls were the rubicon use to be. Are there any good trails around Bismarck? I'd love to find something!!

SourMashJeep
06-29-2011, 06:02 AM
still pretty new around here, I have been in Minot for about 4 months now. Been to Kimbal Bottoms ORV Park (just south of Bismark) 5 times now and explored the crap out of the minimum maintence roads around here. I have seen tons of JK's rolling around MAFB and yet to meet anyone who wants to go wheeling...

bbertram
09-19-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm north of you guys a bit, Manitoba. I drive to ND a fair bit for work. Any good classifieds for North Dakota?

JEEPDON
11-06-2012, 06:33 AM
10 minutes from the ND badlands here. SW of Watford City. Lots of good trails to run on, and can test your skills and the JEEPS capability around here

SubCultureNM
12-02-2012, 01:31 PM
10 minutes from the ND badlands here. SW of Watford City. Lots of good trails to run on, and can test your skills and the JEEPS capability around here

I still need to get together with you, Don, to check out some of those trails. If they're slick in the rain, can you run them during the winter?

JEEPDON
12-08-2012, 05:06 PM
I still need to get together with you, Don, to check out some of those trails. If they're slick in the rain, can you run them during the winter?
We ran all last winter, but there are already some pretty icy hills this year, and that would be very treacherous.

scotiez
11-27-2013, 05:19 AM
Maybe we can revive this thread. Grand Forks, North Dakota here. Looks like most of the previous posts everyone is out west. their has to be jeep owners in the eastern half too.

km58501
03-24-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm in Bismarck. 2013 JKU (Moab Edition). I may be the only Rock Lobster in town. 35's, stubby front bumper, Bushwacker flats.

jims68
04-19-2014, 09:02 PM
No there are others. Some just don't frequent the internet. There is quite the group starting to go down for the Black Hills trail days.

km58501
04-23-2014, 11:41 AM
Anyone else going to Black Hills Jeep Camp 2014? It's 19-21 June.