Forum idea [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Forum idea

Alec W
04-01-2008, 07:24 PM
The gallery is a crappy way for posting wheeling pics, what about adding a normal type section for people to post trip reports (i.e. wheeling pics and the story).

WTF_LOL
04-01-2008, 07:41 PM
+1 :beer::D

Ipe
04-02-2008, 04:46 AM
x2 - what they said. :)

TekWarren
04-02-2008, 04:52 AM
On one of the forums I host/run I have an add-on called the Registry (formerly known as the Garage Mod). Basically you can post a few pics of your vehicle and plug in the specs, mods, images of the mods, ratings etc etc. The members like it so much they don't use the regular gallery quite as much. I also have a section sort of like what your talking about, an open album (or a few) where people can post car show pics or other specific events rather than using up their "personal" gallery.

I *think* there is a Registry Mod port for vBulletin...the admin(s) here should check it out it really is cool.

mizedog
04-02-2008, 08:52 AM
I sent a pm to a mod a couple of weeks ago asking for the closed Scrapbook area to be reopened. I just don't have the time to play Russian Roulette with the JK Owners Photo Gallery to find what I'm looking for. Besides, the members of this forum are notorious for not putting stats on the vehicle in their posts. This frustrates me because we all know that camera position, etc. can make a 2.5"BB w/ 33s look like a 4" lift with 37s. In the Photo Gallery I have umpteen-million crappy or unrelated pics to go though before I get to one I want to see.

I'm glad to see others want something similar.

Also, I vote for people putting better info in the subject line that sums up the post. Something like "look what I got" doesn't tell me anything. Something like "just installed RC 2.5" BB" really helps.

Rant over.

luigi0523
04-02-2008, 10:43 AM
The gallery is a crappy way for posting wheeling pics, what about adding a normal type section for people to post trip reports (i.e. wheeling pics and the story).

You got my vote, Alec

cab76
04-02-2008, 02:49 PM
On one of the forums I host/run I have an add-on called the Registry (formerly known as the Garage Mod). Basically you can post a few pics of your vehicle and plug in the specs, mods, images of the mods, ratings etc etc.

I *think* there is a Registry Mod port for vBulletin...the admin(s) here should check it out it really is cool.

Really good idea - I'd love to see a similar option here.

CO Hummer
04-02-2008, 10:08 PM
I agree Alec. Gotta make those pic threads easy to see and post.

Ipe
04-09-2008, 04:28 AM
Hey Lance and/or other Mods. Any input on this?

MichaelW
04-09-2008, 07:45 AM
As a mod, I would not be opposed to having the scrapbook, reopened. But That would have to come from Lance.

RotorHead
04-09-2008, 08:09 AM
x15... The gallery is cool, but there's really no where to post trail rides and such.

airric00
04-14-2008, 01:41 PM
what about a sections called Rides?? Or Show your Ride... I like having a chance for everyone to post up in one thread. You get better variety!!! Lance?? Is he on vacation?

Alec W
04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
what about a sections called Rides?? Or Show your Ride... I like having a chance for everyone to post up in one thread. You get better variety!!! Lance?? Is he on vacation?

Pirate keeps him busy I guess. We have to put up with a VERY slow site because itís on the pirate servers, at least listen to the members Lance :)

airric00
04-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Maybe he is at the Playboy Mansion again! I guess I could understand it then.. I sent him an email a week or so ago and no reply! Mods? Any help here?