rubi shocks on x [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: rubi shocks on x

jeepthing29
03-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi i was looking at getting rubi shocks, coils for my wrangler x and i was wondering how much of a lift if any will it give my x and if i need to do any special mods to get them to fit thanks

WTF_LOL
03-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the forum!

You would not need to do any type of modifications to mae them fit. There are different spring rates so you may see a minimal lift but otherwise it should be about the same, maybe a little better ride.

may be a little bit of work for the outcome...where you wanting to lift your rig or did you just come across a set for cheap?

BigO
03-28-2008, 02:02 PM
I doubt you'll get any lift. It would be a lot of work for not much of a result. I believe the Rubicon shocks and springs will give you a firmer ride from what I've read elsewhere.

I have a set of Rubicon springs and shocks with about 3,500 miles (~5600 km) sitting in my garage. If interested, maybe we can work a deal.

jeepthing29
03-28-2008, 04:27 PM
hey thanks
I found a set off a guy around here and its pretty cheap i was just wondering if it would make my ride any better i just put a set of toyo open country mts on 33 inch on a 16 inch rim and I was just looking for somthing to make it a bit taller and a better ride

dyolfknip
03-28-2008, 05:45 PM
I am about to install a 2.5 Rough Country BB. I also got a set of Rubi Unlimited springs for my 2 dr X. When the lift goes on the springs will too. Then at least I have a REASON to take my springs off...lol...:bounce: