Previous offer for firearms at cost...see text. [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Previous offer for firearms at cost...see text.

medcop
09-30-2009, 01:53 AM
I have been advised by board staff that I need a Yellow Vendor Star to offer my service.

I am NOT selling anything or making a profit. This was a service I was providing to Jeep owners and gun lovers...for FREE. This is actually costing me money if you consider my time.

I can not afford to pay for a Yellow Vendor Star since I am making ZERO money on this. They are being sold at cost..meaning NO mark up..NO profit.

If I have to buy a Vendor Star to offer something for free then I can NOT offer this service.

I posted that in the post that if this cost me actual money then I can't do this. I will donate my time to offer firearms at cost to individuals, but I won't pay someone else to offer firearms at cost.

Thanks and sorry to anyone who was interested.
Nathan

edited to add: I would be more than willing to donate for a Red Star to help with board expenses.

rob4607
09-30-2009, 05:40 AM
how much is a yellow star? and why would you need a "vendor" star when you are not pedaling jeep products? too many higher ups from jk-f becoming in charge over here know or what? I know its a dick comment but wtf seriously? this guy is offering something that has nothing to do with jeeps and just wants to keep his liscense and im sure he has to move a set amount of weapons to do that. poor call. if I was a vendor here I would let you work under my star/name so that you could continue this service. specially for those enough like me that are pinching pennies due to being laid off or others that have lost money in investments ect.

I can understand from the powers that be that they could feel this would conflict with the vendors on here but none of them are offering their products at either cost/wholesale.

maybe i'll get banned from here now too. good luck and thanks for the price, definitely a few hundred cheaper than what I was able to get priced.

medcop
09-30-2009, 06:11 AM
For those that I did already give prices I will still honor those. I did save the list I created in my deleted thread.

A Vendor Yellow Star is $100...that is $100 more than I will ever make doing what I offered to the members here. Again, I am making nothing. Yes, a person actually giving something for nothing. Okay, I am getting something...that is activity on my FFL. However, by having activity on my FFL I get to keep my license and continue to offer to sell items at cost.

tkob1060
09-30-2009, 12:33 PM
blah damn rules, charge the first guy $100 over your price then your covered and the rest of us get great prices :laughing2:

gold knight
09-30-2009, 12:51 PM
how much is a yellow star? and why would you need a "vendor" star when you are not pedaling jeep products? too many higher ups from jk-f becoming in charge over here know or what? I know its a dick comment but wtf seriously? this guy is offering something that has nothing to do with jeeps and just wants to keep his liscense and im sure he has to move a set amount of weapons to do that. poor call. if I was a vendor here I would let you work under my star/name so that you could continue this service. specially for those enough like me that are pinching pennies due to being laid off or others that have lost money in investments ect.

I can understand from the powers that be that they could feel this would conflict with the vendors on here but none of them are offering their products at either cost/wholesale.

maybe i'll get banned from here now too. good luck and thanks for the price, definitely a few hundred cheaper than what I was able to get priced.Booooooooo, foul:shaking:This has nothing to do with JK-*****.com:grinpimp:. That's the standard rule for Pirate and JKO, doesn't matter if we're selling lemonade, we got to have a yellow star. I guess it's the benefit you get from maximum exposure to your product.

As far as not making a profit, that sounds like something medcop and Lance/Camo/USMCDoc/whoever need to work out privately.

HITMONEY
09-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Booooooooo, foul:shaking:This has nothing to do with JK-*****.com:grinpimp:. That's the standard rule for Pirate and JKO, doesn't matter if we're selling lemonade, we got to have a yellow star. I guess it's the benefit you get from maximum exposure to your product.

As far as not making a profit, that sounds like something medcop and Lance/Camo/USMCDoc/whoever need to work out privately.

This ^.

If you want to offer services or products here.. for profit or even if you don't want to make a profit it is still a business transaction and you need a Yellow Star for that.

My advise... raise you prices a bit to cover the cost of a Star and sell Guns.

But if you don't plan on becoming a Vendor, please refrain from offering your services here.

If you would like to hear the same thing from the site owners, please contact Lance or Camo.

usmcdoc14
09-30-2009, 01:05 PM
why would you need a "vendor" star when you are not pedaling jeep products? too many higher ups from jk-f becoming in charge over here know or what? I know its a dick comment but wtf seriously? .

yes, it was a dick comment. and if you feel that way then you can leave at any time.

A vendor is a vendor even if that vendor is LOSING money on the sales. We have many vendors who are not selling Jeep related products and on pirate (the parent website) we have no less than 2 vendors who sell nothing but firearms and related products.

If you are "pinching pennies" due to a layoff then a new gun might not be your best investment :shaking:

For those that I did already give prices I will still honor those. I did save the list I created in my deleted thread.

A Vendor Yellow Star is $100...that is $100 more than I will ever make doing what I offered to the members here. Again, I am making nothing. Yes, a person actually giving something for nothing. Okay, I am getting something...that is activity on my FFL. However, by having activity on my FFL I get to keep my license and continue to offer to sell items at cost.

1) you are building a customer base. our vendors pay for this.
2) you posted this thread pretty much saying "screw you" as this thread is just about the same thing as your last one with the tag of saying sorry :shaking:
3) by keeping your ffl active you are allowing yourself to make cash, maybe not by customers here, but by a customer sooner or later.
4) by NOT being a vendor we have no control or say over your sales tactics, quality, customer service or anything but YOU have a direct impact on the view of JKO as a forum.

But I am sure you did not think of that.

If you go and (I am not saying you will) change your mind and add a $100 markup to a gun a customer ordered and said "pay or no get" you make us look bad because we allowed this. If you go and disappear with hundreds of thousands of dollars once again it looks like shat because we allowed it.
Why do you think there is no group buys?

And what is "at cost"? are you going to open your books for me? I my self am an FFL and I know the "at cost" of a LOT of guns but very few else do. You can say that a gun is "$150 at cost" all day long and I will not believe you.

You were warned, this is not a "personal" issue, this is a forum rule set by the owner. You get a "atta boy" for your kindly offer but you need to move on or get a yellow star. You will stop making these threads and you will discontinue your offer of services untill you get a yellow star.

If any of this is a problem feel free to PM Lance or Camo and they will gladly tell you the same thing.

tkob1060
09-30-2009, 02:41 PM
1) you are building a customer base. our vendors pay for this.
2) you posted this thread pretty much saying "screw you" as this thread is just about the same thing as your last one with the tag of saying sorry :shaking:
3) by keeping your ffl active you are allowing yourself to make cash, maybe not by customers here, but by a customer sooner or later.
4) by NOT being a vendor we have no control or say over your sales tactics, quality, customer service or anything but YOU have a direct impact on the view of JKO as a forum.

But I am sure you did not think of that.

If you go and (I am not saying you will) change your mind and add a $100 markup to a gun a customer ordered and said "pay or no get" you make us look bad because we allowed this. If you go and disappear with hundreds of thousands of dollars once again it looks like shat because we allowed it.
Why do you think there is no group buys?

And what is "at cost"? are you going to open your books for me? I my self am an FFL and I know the "at cost" of a LOT of guns but very few else do. You can say that a gun is "$150 at cost" all day long and I will not believe you.

all VERY good reasons why there MUST be rules for vendors even if claiming not to make any money.

If you really want to keep your ffl active $100 is not much to pay to do so and you can slightly mark up the price to make it back, if your "at cost" prices are better then guys will still buy and still save money. Thats what I would do anyhow :laughing:

Grant211
09-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Would it be ok if somebody in the future says they are looking for deals, can we refer him to Medcop or would that be frowned on?

usmcdoc14
09-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Would it be ok if somebody in the future says they are looking for deals, can we refer him to Medcop or would that be frowned on?

it would be very frowned on.

I find it ironic that you guys will make a big deal about buying from a vendor that "supports the board" as apposed to another who sells the same product who does not. But at the same time feathers get ruffled when we try to enforce a rule that supports that very ideal. :laughing:

You want a deal? buy from Aloharover over on pirate, he is VERY good on his prices and a supporting member of pirate and therefore JKO.

SDMF
09-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Rules are pretty easy to follow, you want to do business you buy a yellow star...and that star is pretty damn cheap IMHO. :beer:

medcop
09-30-2009, 03:45 PM
I understand...

However, if someone wanted to see my books and see what actual cost is I have no problems with that.

Does a Yellow star here also go towards Pirate? It may be easier to mark up $10-$20 per deal as this is still a huge savings...and could make my $100 back.

Also, I take it once I become a vendor I can sell various lines of products and services? I do other things besides the FFL..won't mention as dont' want to make the staff mad.

I had ZERO intentions on creating a customer database, or doing anything malicious with this offer. I am sorry if someone thinks that.

Nathan

Mr.RonGilbert
09-30-2009, 04:00 PM
If you really want to keep your ffl active $100 is not much to pay to do so and you can slightly mark up the price to make it back, if your "at cost" prices are better then guys will still buy and still save money. Thats what I would do anyhow :laughing:

There it is.... if I knew that I was gonna get a killer deal on a weapon and it was slightly marked up to cover supporting this forum (and Pirate) I would not hesitate..... consider it an investment, I am sure you will get a return. If you can't get away from providing your firearms at cost you can lower the cost once you recoup.....

:beer::beer:

usmcdoc14
09-30-2009, 04:01 PM
I understand...

However, if someone wanted to see my books and see what actual cost is I have no problems with that.

Does a Yellow star here also go towards Pirate? It may be easier to mark up $10-$20 per deal as this is still a huge savings...and could make my $100 back.

Also, I take it once I become a vendor I can sell various lines of products and services? I do other things besides the FFL..won't mention as dont' want to make the staff mad.

I had ZERO intentions on creating a customer database, or doing anything malicious with this offer. I am sorry if someone thinks that.

Nathan

www.pirate4x4.com and www.jkowners.com are 2 separate vendor sales platforms and require a separate yellow start to advertise on each. Pirate 4x4 cost more seeing it is a MUCH larger customer base.

You can honestly sell whatever services you like, we have had everything from tax services to photographers sell on pirate so the same would work here.

Intentions or not, a customer base is a by-product and was mentioned as a matter of fact and not an accusation.

You could honestly say in your first thread "The first 5 customers get the privilege of offering JKO its own FFL services by the addition of $20"
and no one would mind at all..hell if I was in the market I would have no problem with it.

lockednloaded
09-30-2009, 04:10 PM
I'd throw an extra $20 in on my order... I know im not the only one...

Broncojohn
09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
^^^^Ditto

guinness
09-30-2009, 05:30 PM
^^^^Ditto

Id do the same as well, but Id have to wait until around Christmas.

Me: Oooohhh, is this for me?
Me; Yes it is.
Me: A new pistol.
Me; Thats what you wanted.
Me: You shoulnt have.
Me; Should I really be having conversations like this with myself.
Me: Youre an idiot.
Me; That wasnt nice, its the Holidays
Me: Youre always right, Im sorry.
Me; Its ok. Merry Christmas.

Actually happens year after year since my family(other than my Father) tends to think guns and ammo arent appopriate gifts.

medcop
09-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Sorry if I upset the board owners / mods...I had no intention of doing this.

The response I have received from other members will allow me to become a vendor now knowing that I will not lose money. I will be offering my FFL services for a very slight markup as well as other services I provide (they will be for profit so it will balance out very nice.)

Thank you everyone for your support and again, I did not make this offer to "get around" the advertising cost / vendor star...it was offered as a service to others. I now see where the owners / mods are coming from and completely understand.

Nathan

medcop
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Just paid!

Got me a Yellow Star! :bounce:

DRIVEN1
09-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Sorry if I upset the board owners / mods...I had no intention of doing this.

The response I have received from other members will allow me to become a vendor now knowing that I will not lose money. I will be offering my FFL services for a very slight markup as well as other services I provide (they will be for profit so it will balance out very nice.)

Thank you everyone for your support and again, I did not make this offer to "get around" the advertising cost / vendor star...it was offered as a service to others. I now see where the owners / mods are coming from and completely understand.

Nathan

I have not heard back from you on my request. Once I see your prices, I would have been happy to pay you $100 over cost to get the star. Let me know some prices when you get some time please.

medcop
09-30-2009, 10:17 PM
I have not heard back from you on my request. Once I see your prices, I would have been happy to pay you $100 over cost to get the star. Let me know some prices when you get some time please.

I was waiting on answering all my PM's once the Yellow Star thing was sorted out. I have your PM will get you prices in the morning..at my regular job now (ER Nurse) and our computers here are blocked so I can't get to my wholesalers prices.

Nathan