http://www.4x4rockshop.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=13594

Dustoff '68
03-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Oy vay...no me gusta...beaucoup dinky dao

seer
03-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Oy vay...no me gusta...beaucoup dinky dao

Damn Dustoff,
How many languages does it take to insult chrome on a Jeep?

My answer would be:

All of'em.:laughing2:

Jason
03-30-2008, 03:36 AM
What happens when you roll your Jeep?

I've never been a fan of putting lights over the windshield on vehicles that are susceptible to rolling. With the amount of damage that is incurred from a rollover, why add to it by putting lights in that spot? I think they would fare better mounted on the bumpers or the on the lower corners of the windshield.

Steve-UK
03-30-2008, 08:35 AM
I am in the process of developing a light bar for the JK like the one I made for my TJ, it sits below the roof line, on the TJ one I used Hella lights.

http://www.fte.co.uk/forum/light_bar.jpg

venom
03-30-2008, 08:50 AM
I like that, how about glare?
do the glare off of the windshield at all?

Steve-UK
03-30-2008, 12:17 PM
No problem with glare, the reason is the Hella's lenses are recessed.

ONLYSUPER
03-30-2008, 09:14 PM
That looks pretty clean.

redjk
03-31-2008, 09:49 AM
I am in the process of developing a light bar for the JK like the one I made for my TJ, it sits below the roof line, on the TJ one I used Hella lights.

Thats what I'm talkin bout. Keep us informed.

JR
03-31-2008, 11:47 AM
What about the idea of one that mounts on the front lower hinge bolts and runs across in front of the wipers...too much visibility lost?

venom
03-31-2008, 01:27 PM
What about the idea of one that mounts on the front lower hinge bolts and runs across in front of the wipers...too much visibility lost?

I would think the glare off of the hood would be pretty severe.
I know some people have had trouble with hood glare from some of the windshield corner lights.

scrogg
04-22-2008, 10:43 PM

I'd definitley be intereted in a light like that. personally i don't like the ones that extend down on the sides and bolt into the bottom corners.

Also, I am guessing that you could put the lights on either the top or bottom of the bar as well?

Keep us up to date on your progress of this light bar.

Thanks.

harald-hans
04-24-2008, 08:08 AM
What do you think about that ?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12010_601.htm

Greetings from Germany

harald-hans

Steve-UK
04-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Guys well I am hoping to have the protype done within the next 10 days, may have to tweak a couple of things, but as soon as I get it mounted I will post some pics.

scrogg
04-24-2008, 01:13 PM
So just curious, is this something that you would manufacture and sell to those that are asking?

And, would it be possible to get the bar withput the lights? I would like to get the bar as shown in the pic on the TJ but mount something like the 42" Xmitter light or multiple smaller ones to the top side.

venom
04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I'd LOVE a 42" Xmitter, but $1400 is a bit out of my price range :eek:

JR
04-24-2008, 04:00 PM
What do you think about that ?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12010_601.htm

Greetings from Germany

harald-hans

I don't think that I could ever justify spending that kind of cash on lighting...and I run rally racing :shaking:

Steve-UK
04-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Yes this is an item I am looking to manufacturer (I run FTE over here in the UK have been building Jeeps and parts for Jeeps for over 10 years), I have spoken to someone over there (USA) about being a distributor for this light bar, but it will come down to shipping costs. As to the exact guise it will sell in I am not sure, with lights or without, or maybe both.

As they say watch this space :)

mizedog
04-30-2008, 12:09 PM
I know some ppl have been looking for a bolt on lightbar
this one looks a little different and its kinda pricey at $329 but here it is
http://www.4x4rockshop.com/ProdImages/rwc/RW604-1BP-J.jpg
http://www.4x4rockshop.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=13594

I have a hard time trusting a shop that says Warn's rear bumper/tire carrier's "regular price" is almost $1,700!! That's very similar to the way 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers inflates their ProComp tires (made by Cooper) then sells them "on sale" for what is really full price. Sorry for the rant but I think that some manufacturers (like Delta) are taking advantage of all the newbie people the JK has brought into the Jeeping world:pissed:. Delta used to be a really low priced company until the sand rails starts using them. Now they're pretending to be PIAAs (which they're not). I can't see spending over $700 for a light bar.

I do really like the FTE set up! That's nice, simple, clean, and doesn't remind me of a Tomb Raider Jeep. FTE, I know this is only a $40 worth of steel. Please keep the price reasonable.:D

willie h
05-02-2008, 10:45 PM
WOW, bling rig there LOL. How bout the chrome around the side mirror. Not my cup of coffee either. HOWEVER... the FTE is right on point.

07_Rubi
06-26-2008, 07:28 AM
I would think the glare off of the hood would be pretty severe.
I know some people have had trouble with hood glare from some of the windshield corner lights.
i did with my hella 500's... no more glare since i replaced the hella lights with some piaa 520's - the plastic brush guard helps reduce glare quite a bit.

Ipe
06-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Guys well I am hoping to have the protype done within the next 10 days, may have to tweak a couple of things, but as soon as I get it mounted I will post some pics.

Hey Steve, any update on this? :)

Steve-UK
06-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi

Should have the protype finished in the next week or so ;), but at present the problem looks like the cost of shipping over to you guys. But I am looking into some different methods.

Renegade
06-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Lightbars......they go well with chrome...:rainbow:

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

scrogg
07-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi

Should have the protype finished in the next week or so ;), but at present the problem looks like the cost of shipping over to you guys. But I am looking into some different methods.

Would it be possible to just send the plans/design specs over to a fabricator here in the states and then build them here. Obviously, I can understand that you don't want to just give it away, but do you have any connections over here that may fit into a plan as such?

Or maybe to a buying customer that can get them fabricated here? I design/detail structural steel for a living and may be able to help ya out somehow.

Delta Lights
07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
DELTA SKY BAR
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p467/DELTALIGHTS/DSC04524.jpg
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p467/DELTALIGHTS/DSC04514.jpg

COMING SOON HID SKY BAR!!!

Big A
07-17-2008, 08:43 PM
nice stuff Delta!

Any chance of us getting these lights without the Delta name in them? It kinda looks tacky to me

Thanks

venom
07-17-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm sure they're like the headlights and it's just a sticker that can be removed

Big A
07-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Thats good to know! I was really bummed about all the stickers in the middle of the lights... But if they are removable, I am all over these!

07_Rubi
07-18-2008, 05:32 AM
uh...with delta etched into the light-bar 3 times it shouldn't cost anything.

venom
07-18-2008, 11:04 AM
And how many times does the JK say "JEEP" on it?
admittedly, the "DELTA" is pretty prominent, but look at the branding on a lot of aftermarket parts - skidplates with the manuf name cut out of them in huge letters, bumpers the same way, the big Warn "W" on the front of all the winches, AIR AID embossed onto the intake tube, etc etc.

Delta Lights
07-18-2008, 01:20 PM
The light bar has 3 Delta Logos on it. (1 bar 1 on each side) it blends in to the bar..most of the time..

but i waill say the light cover that come with the bar has Delta logos on them
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p467/DELTALIGHTS/DSC04599.jpg

Big A
07-18-2008, 01:31 PM
My only concern was on the lens itself. The rest of it don't bother me! :)

henthorn
07-20-2008, 11:15 PM
price for the delta stuff???

Delta Lights
07-21-2008, 01:34 PM
price for the delta stuff???

I'd like to offer a JKOWNRERS.COM discount but still in the works...
(would need some advertising on here for that...)

but quadratec or 4 wheel parts

pacphnmn
07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
DELTA SKY BAR
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p467/DELTALIGHTS/DSC04524.jpg
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p467/DELTALIGHTS/DSC04514.jpg

COMING SOON HID SKY BAR!!!

I am guessing this vehicle is never taken off-road as those lights mounted below the front bumper wouldn't last very long! :stirthepot:

venom
07-21-2008, 02:43 PM
I am guessing this vehicle is never taken off-road as those lights mounted below the front bumper wouldn't last very long! :stirthepot:
lights down there would do me a LOT of good when I'm out catching rattlesnakes, but in the rocks, they might not make it too long.
However, I gotta say, the plastic air damn thing under the front end is one of the few plastic parts that has survived relatively unscathed on my rig somehow so far!
I was thinking about mounting some pencil beams way back under there somehow to put light far and low on the road.

Delta Lights
07-22-2008, 04:52 PM

Have been out on many trails... thats what really sell the products... Night rides are the best...

its all in how you drive...

Dustoff '68
07-24-2008, 04:39 AM
I didn't even notice the logos on these lights until you guys mentioned it...now THIS is logo mania............

Dustoff '68
07-24-2008, 06:38 AM
and some more logo hysteria....I call it Marine Corps Bling...

1754:thefinger::thefinger::beer:

sorry Gunny...couldn't resist:D

Scool Bz
09-17-2008, 12:24 PM

Any update? That's just what I'm looking for.

karnuvore
09-17-2008, 12:30 PM
I cant imagine spending the $ you guys are talking about on a skybar. I think this one was $149 or something like that.

http://jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=177

venom
09-17-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm kinda digging this one from rockrash
wonder how it looks from the side

terrahawk
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Venom, if you call George and tell him how you want it to look, he'll make it so.

venom
09-17-2008, 02:14 PM
I dig it, but right now if my AC is on, my roof inflates and it rubs and makes a hiss as I pull into the carport - so if I go ANY higher I'm screwed, so a light bar is out for me (at least until I get a wild hair and go up another size tire or something then all bets are off:laughing:)
I'm literally within 1/2" of not fitting.
Thankfully my ORH top is lower than the stocker or it wouldn't fit with my current lift/tire combo

I'm just putting it out there as an option.

Scool Bz
09-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I cant imagine spending the $ you guys are talking about on a skybar. I think this one was $149 or something like that.

http://jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=177

I can't imagine having lights that add a foot or more to the height of my Jeep. Just looking for something more compact.

karnuvore
09-17-2008, 03:20 PM
I can't imagine having lights that add a foot or more to the height of my Jeep. Just looking for something more compact.

I love it. Tried lights on the bumper, but they didnt throw as much light as up on the skybar. I like fanning them out and getting the wide view.

Scool Bz
09-17-2008, 03:35 PM
I love it. Tried lights on the bumper, but they didnt throw as much light as up on the skybar. I like fanning them out and getting the wide view.

That's good to know! I haven't see pictures of any skybar lights at night, except for the Xmitter (I think that's what it's called), and that's too much money for me. I've also got to keep with my School Bus theme so I definitely want the lights high, just more in line with the roof than over it. The outside ones need to be amber and flash as well. Children crossing! Somewhere in a rock field!:D

SDMF
09-17-2008, 03:42 PM
That's good to know! I haven't see pictures of any skybar lights at night, except for the Xmitter (I think that's what it's called), and that's too much money for me. I've also got to keep with my School Bus theme so I definitely want the lights high, just more in line with the roof than over it. The outside ones need to be amber and flash as well. Children crossing! Somewhere in a rock field!:D

I am sure you could get a shop to bend you up a bar like whats on the TJ in this thread (provided you don't mind drilling a couple holes). and then you can put whatever lights you want on it.

Scool Bz
09-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I am sure you could get a shop to bend you up a bar like whats on the TJ in this thread (provided you don't mind drilling a couple holes). and then you can put whatever lights you want on it.

Looking into it now.

jacktuttle
09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
What happens when you roll your Jeep?

I've never been a fan of putting lights over the windshield on vehicles that are susceptible to rolling. With the amount of damage that is incurred from a rollover, why add to it by putting lights in that spot? I think they would fare better mounted on the bumpers or the on the lower corners of the windshield.

I just try real hard to keep the shinny side up.....

karnuvore
09-18-2008, 08:01 AM
if I roll my jeep, the least of my worries are the lights.

Scool Bz
09-18-2008, 09:49 AM
If I roll my Jeep, it's because I'm going to smoke it.

karnuvore
09-18-2008, 09:50 AM
LOL

seal20
09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
If I roll my Jeep, it's because I'm going to smoke it.

Now, this has got to be one of the all time best quotes EVER! :beer::beer:

karnuvore
09-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Agreed. I'd put it in my signature line if I had more room!

Ipe
09-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Not to interrupt the "roll your own" crowd ;) :p....

...but is there any additional news on a JK version of this?:

HITMONEY
09-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Not to interrupt the "roll your own" crowd ;) :p....

...but is there any additional news on a JK version of this?:

Nope.. I emailed FTE asking a while back but never got a response. :thefinger:

So I have now asked Bulldog Fab in AZ to make me one without the lights so I can mount a Xmitter light system to it. :D

ChrisW
09-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Hitmoney,
What did Bulldog Fab say? I had the same idea with the Xmitter.

HITMONEY
09-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Hitmoney,
What did Bulldog Fab say? I had the same idea with the Xmitter.

He told me no problem but he won't be able to get to it for about a month. Send him a PM and tell him you want one too. ;)

Ipe
09-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Are you going to mount it in the same manner, bolted/nut zerted to the A pillar? If you don't mind my asking, how much?

HITMONEY
09-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Are you going to mount it in the same manner, bolted/nut zerted to the A pillar? If you don't mind my asking, how much?

That is how I would like to mount it...

We haven't talked price yet... In fact he is building me a bumper right now and we haven't talked price about that either... LOL!

Bulldog Fab makes some quality stuff and Mitchell is an awesome dude.. (read, kissing ass for low price here), in fact I might make him the godfather of my yet to be born children.. thats how good of a guy he is.

Give him a shout.. ;)

Riverkid
10-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Rigid Industries is building one also... They are using the Holder LED light setup...;) www.rigidindustries.com

http://www.rigidindustries.com/productPhotos/jeep2.JPG

Woods
10-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Hey guys. I'm thinking about doing a little R&D (read, ripoff and duplicate) on a light bar, like the FTE design. I'll get some pricing details together this week, then post up what it will cost. If I can get a list of 10 guys that are interested, I'll make'em up.

Questions for the time being. I'm already planning on doing a double light mount. This will allow you to mount the lights below the bar and above the bar. I'm also thinking about making it so it can be mounted at different heights. This way it could be used as the front bar, for a Yakima rack system.

I'm sure there will be interest in mounting lights above an below the bar. Is there any interest in using this as a rack bar?

Does anybody have any interest in this in Stainless Steel?

I'm working with KC, for a good price point set of square low profile lights.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I looked into the LED light kits. They are not getting good reviews. Some guys that I know mounted the 36" kit, on a Rhino and they Rhino would out run the range of the lights. They might work okay as floods, but it sounds like a no-go on them as driving lights. Any other experiences with these?

scrogg
10-26-2008, 11:50 AM
I have an interested in a light bar as such. I would prefer black as opposed to stainless.

That's to bad about the LED's, I was planning on several smaller 6" or 8" xmitters, but it wouldn't break my heart to get a good deal on some low profile KC's.

Riverkid
10-26-2008, 08:09 PM
BTW, I looked into the LED light kits. They are not getting good reviews. Some guys that I know mounted the 36" kit, on a Rhino and they Rhino would out run the range of the lights. They might work okay as floods, but it sounds like a no-go on them as driving lights. Any other experiences with these?

Floods only right now. The LED's don't make it for driving fast...

Scool Bz
10-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey guys. I'm thinking about doing a little R&D (read, ripoff and duplicate) on a light bar, like the FTE design. I'll get some pricing details together this week, then post up what it will cost. If I can get a list of 10 guys that are interested, I'll make'em up.

Questions for the time being. I'm already planning on doing a double light mount. This will allow you to mount the lights below the bar and above the bar. I'm also thinking about making it so it can be mounted at different heights. This way it could be used as the front bar, for a Yakima rack system.

I'm sure there will be interest in mounting lights above an below the bar. Is there any interest in using this as a rack bar?

Does anybody have any interest in this in Stainless Steel?

I'm working with KC, for a good price point set of square low profile lights.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You know I'm down!

Woods
10-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Hmmm, I'm surprised there's not more interest in this???

- Scrogg
- Scool_Bz

Es todo?

n8it
10-29-2008, 11:42 AM
I would be interested in using it as a rack bar and to mount antennas on. Stainless would be good for from a rust stand point, but I would color it black.

B1JPSTER
10-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Hmmm, I'm surprised there's not more interest in this???

- Scrogg
- Scool_Bz

Es todo?

Okay I will bite, I am interested too.

HUNTER
10-30-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm interested with ability to mount lites below crossbar, Thule/Yakima kayak carriers above.

TORN
10-30-2008, 09:15 PM
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr334/Pajaro_19/lightbar2Small.jpg
KMA fab made mine, but I did not get the hoops for lights. I will be using for a roll bar to protect windshield frame. I will post pic when i get it installed.

1guy
10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
KMA built this one like this on a full cage, checkout his black JK build on www.kmafabrication.com. They put light mounts low for the PIAA 510's.
I'm interested with ability to mount lites below crossbar, Thule/Yakima kayak carriers above.

Steve-UK
11-01-2008, 03:56 PM
I have got a couple of these bars made, over here in the UK, but the cost of shipping them over to the State's was 3 times more then they cost to make.:pissed: So sorry guys, as much as I would like to sell them over in the State's it just not going to happen.

I did answer all emails I got.

Steve

FTE 4x4 Specialist's Ltd.

BaltChief
11-02-2008, 06:58 AM
I'm late to the game , but I would most definately be interested....

TORN
11-04-2008, 06:28 PM
My bar finished. I dont plan on putting lights on it.
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr334/Pajaro_19/110108-4.jpg

sierraexplorers
11-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Did KMA put the upper bars in or did you do that?

O2BDrty
11-19-2008, 07:18 PM
I have got a couple of these bars made, over here in the UK, but the cost of shipping them over to the State's was 3 times more then they cost to make.:pissed: So sorry guys, as much as I would like to sell them over in the State's it just not going to happen.

Steve

can we just have the plans then so we can make them here? Please pm me I don't check this often. Thanks.

offroadpr
11-22-2008, 02:01 PM

this is better, lets try with round lights

Steve-UK
11-26-2008, 07:46 AM
this is better, lets try with round lights

The only problem using round lights is they hand down to low and will fail the windshield wipers, and on steep climbs obscurer the view. The reason I went with these lights (Hella) is it kept the profile low, as I did not want to mount the lights on top.

jimmyeye
11-27-2008, 02:31 PM
id be interested

SRTpusher
12-07-2008, 08:10 AM

any word on this bar in the US?

venom
12-07-2008, 05:33 PM

any word on this bar in the US?

Steve

so unless Woods can R&D it, prob not gonna happen

karnuvore
12-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Id still smoke a jeep if someone rolled it.

NxtGenCowboy
05-08-2009, 10:57 AM
I'd definitley be intereted in a light like that. personally i don't like the ones that extend down on the sides and bolt into the bottom corners.

Also, I am guessing that you could put the lights on either the top or bottom of the bar as well?

Keep us up to date on your progress of this light bar.

Thanks.

Did you ever make this light bar avaiable to the public? that is an awesome design.

SRTpusher
05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
so unless Woods can R&D it, prob not gonna happen

woods? if you build it, they will buy!

HITMONEY
05-13-2009, 10:15 AM

woods? if you build it, they will buy!

Yup... I have been waiting for something like this for a long time.

Make it for a reasonable price, and I will buy it.

SRTpusher
05-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Yup... I have been waiting for something like this for a long time.

Make it for a reasonable price, and I will buy it.

werd... i should just wait till you decide to sell your jeep. it is really close to my planned mod list :D

RDM Offroad
05-13-2009, 10:27 AM
I have been working on different light bar configurations lately and have a few different options. Do you guys like the look of the small oval lights or just the low profile look in general.

James

Woods
05-13-2009, 10:46 AM
I hear you guys. I read every post on this thread. I personally like the idea, I just don't know that there's a large enough demand.

Lets see what RDM comes up with and I'm still playing around with the idea. I just need to get some time to work on it.

stralph
05-19-2009, 11:37 AM
I make any light bar you can come up with so let me Know what you guys want.

HITMONEY
05-19-2009, 12:03 PM
I make any light bar you can come up with so let me Know what you guys want.

We been round this block before....

Look up 5 posts.. that is EXACTLY what we want.

Low profile light bar that doesn't go any higher than the roof line. Make it attach the same way with rivnuts. I am going to be putting an Xmitter light bar on it so I don't need any lights on it.. maybe just a way to fish wires through it.

We been crying for this light bar for a year now.

I have been working on different light bar configurations lately and have a few different options. Do you guys like the look of the small oval lights or just the low profile look in general.

James

It is not the lights (although they do look good)... its the low profile we want so we can still fit in the garage. I am on 40's with 8" of total lift.. I can't even add a fraction of an inch or I won't make it in the garage without airing down.

Woods
05-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Low profile light bar that doesn't go any higher than the roof line. Make it attach the same way with rivnuts. I am going to be putting an Xmitter light bar on it so I don't need any lights on it.. maybe just a way to fish wires through it.

Hey HitMoney. I've heard that the Xmitter light bar sux. I heard that through one of their dealers, so the guy didn't have any reason to BS me. Take it for what it's worth, but I'd read reviews on that thing before I spent that kind of dough.

HITMONEY
05-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey HitMoney. I've heard that the Xmitter light bar sux. I heard that through one of their dealers, so the guy didn't have any reason to BS me. Take it for what it's worth, but I'd read reviews on that thing before I spent that kind of dough.

There is another company that are doing them that are supposedly a better product, but the name of them escapes me right now.

RDM Offroad
05-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Rigid Industries has them as well.

I am working on a low cost alternative to these but if you want pricing on the VisionX or Rigid let me know.

HITMONEY
05-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Rigid Industries has them as well.

I am working on a low cost alternative to these but if you want pricing on the VisionX or Rigid let me know.

Make the light bar first and we'll talk!! :thefinger:

:laughing:

RDM Offroad
05-19-2009, 12:19 PM

It is not the lights (although they do look good)... its the low profile we want so we can still fit in the garage. I am on 40's with 8" of total lift.. I can't even add a fraction of an inch or I won't make it in the garage without airing down.

I should be getting my LED light bar prototypes in a few weeks for testing.

The Bar I am designing is similar to the one pictured above and will be able to mount led light bars below, small oval lights below, or any size above with an optional top bar.

I need to get the right size die for the bender then make a few samples for my LJ to nail down the design. Once I'm done there I will need a JK volunteer local to Corona that can leave the Jeep with me for a day or 2 to figure out the JK Mounts.

James

SDMF
05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm sure there will not be a shortage of people willing to let you borrow their jeep in socal, haha.

RDM Offroad
05-19-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm sure there will not be a shortage of people willing to let you borrow their jeep in socal, haha.

LOL, I bet.

SDMF
05-19-2009, 12:36 PM
I like the nutsert/rivnut to keep it compact. My only concern is going blind in the jeep from the glare off the hood. I'm gonna have to drive someones at night with them on before seriously considering one.

RDM Offroad
05-19-2009, 12:49 PM
all part of the design...
I'm glad that I am headed in the right direction.

The idea is to make it easily removable with the right tools(harder to steal). The one I am designing is for my Jeepspeed build so i only want it on there when needed but don't want it to look like something is missing when it's off.

This will be my 1st in house product available for sale so bear with me if it takes a while to get it right. I don't want to start off by offering crap.

As far as the possible glare... we'll see when we get there and make adjustments if necessary.

James

Riverkid
05-19-2009, 01:03 PM
... Once I'm done there I will need a JK volunteer local to Corona that can leave the Jeep with me for a day or 2 to figure out the JK Mounts.

James

Let me know..:D

SRTpusher
05-19-2009, 09:23 PM
i just want the bar. i will put my own lights on it.

stralph
05-20-2009, 11:42 AM
I've already made a low pro light bar look on the website. And the reason my bars go to the bottom of the windsheild is to mount them easy and drill no holes so if you took them off all you have to do is put your old brackets back on . Also my bars help protect the window frame.

stralph
05-20-2009, 11:51 AM
i just want the bar. i will put my own lights on it.
I'll just make the bar for you just call me 559 493 8314 Scott

HITMONEY
05-20-2009, 11:58 AM
I've already made a low pro light bar look on the website. And the reason my bars go to the bottom of the windsheild is to mount them easy and drill no holes so if you took them off all you have to do is put your old brackets back on . Also my bars help protect the window frame.

And a nice bar it is... it just wont work with my AEV Snorkel... Thats why I want it to mount the way it is pictured here.

:beer:

stralph
05-20-2009, 02:42 PM
And a nice bar it is... it just wont work with my AEV Snorkel... Thats why I want it to mount the way it is pictured here.

:beer:
I just shipped one out for a guy with a snorkel.He is going to send pics when he installs it I'll post the pics when I get them.I made his a little taller to mount 6" lights on the bottom side of the bar.

JERSEYJK
05-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Yup! Scott from KMA Fabrications just made me the light bar so it can fit my jk with the AEV Snorkel. As soon as I get it, which should be this week, I'll post up pics! Scott was a great guy to deal with! Thanks Scott!

NxtGenCowboy
05-24-2009, 08:04 AM
That light bar on the Yellow Jk is awesome. Nice low clearance and very smooth looking.. Where do the Wires run?

Born2run
05-24-2009, 09:08 AM
In the 1st posted pic...."TMC" (too much chrome).....fugly.

stralph
05-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Yup! Scott from KMA Fabrications just made me the light bar so it can fit my jk with the AEV Snorkel. As soon as I get it, which should be this week, I'll post up pics! Scott was a great guy to deal with! Thanks Scott!
You're welcome . My biggest hope is to please everyone with a great product and service.

DataByte
05-25-2009, 09:50 AM
I totally love LightBar design 3.
When I get some money together, I am so there!

stralph
05-27-2009, 09:09 PM
I totally love LightBar design 3.
When I get some money together, I am so there!
Cool , I've got a few bars in Florida.

Hot Duck
10-17-2009, 08:27 PM

Is this available in the U.S. or is anybody here making this light bar now?

RDM Offroad
10-17-2009, 10:14 PM

Is this available in the U.S. or is anybody here making this light bar now?

I should have some photos of my new low profile light bar soon. I have the 1st set of brackets coming in from the laser cutters this week.

James

jkjones
10-18-2009, 08:00 PM
I want to see something just like this....but mounted low just in front of the wipers! off of the windshield hinge brackets:bounce:

Hot Duck
11-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I should have some photos of my new low profile light bar soon. I have the 1st set of brackets coming in from the laser cutters this week.

James

Any updates?

Nielubie
04-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Been a few months and I haven't seen any updates on this. Any of Steve's bars making it to the States or being made here? I'm looking for that type of bar, with the possibility of adding 5 round lights on top. :)

butterfly82297
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
My husband has been watching this thread for over a year and has finally given up due to a lack of posts recently... He really wants this light bar, so any updates or links to those who could help me would be greatly appreciated. :)