Bobby Flay's - NY [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Bobby Flay's - NY

jeeperjkj
09-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok, so help me out, guys. Anyone who's been here before. The wifey says she wants to go to Bobby Flay's for her birthday next month. I figure since I just dropped serious coin on my Jeep that I can afford to take her to whereever her heart desires.

Just looking for a heads up from someone who has 1st hand experience.

Is there parking nearby? Parking garage with outrageous prices would be acceptable since it'll just be once and it's a special occasion. Close is the key.

How much can I expect to pay for 2 adults and 3 kids? Again, not so much that I'm gonna turn away 'cause it's too expensive, but I wanna heads up so I don't have a heart attack when the bill arrives.

What else is nearby that we could do after dinner?

lmg5819
09-24-2009, 02:53 PM
which restaurant? He owns 2 or 3 in the city. I went to the Mesa Grill a few years ago, it wasn't overly pricey for the city. Two of us was probably $50 or so?

jeeperjkj
09-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah, Mesa Grill.

You remember about parking and such?

tkob1060
09-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah, Mesa Grill.

You remember about parking and such?

I doubt it, he's lucky he remembers where he parks his jeep :laughing:

jeeperjkj
09-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Alright... play nice now.

njjk08
09-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I think your gonna have a hard time parking up in the city.. Your not gonna fit in many parking garages. There are a couple of parking garages around. I hate driving in the city though. I usually drive to Hoboken and then take the path train in. If you get off on 14th street you will be 2 blocks from Mesa Grill. Its close to union square. There a some nice shops around there too and a good brewery that looks out on Union square.. I forget the name of it but its good for a drink or 2. You can't miss it if you walk around the square.

On a side note.. Now that your in Jersey if your wife likes Bobby Flays you should check out Bobbys Burger Palace in Eatontown. They have great burgers if your in the mood for a burger and shake.

jeeperjkj
09-24-2009, 04:11 PM
I think your gonna have a hard time parking up in the city.. Your not gonna fit in many parking garages. There are a couple of parking garages around. I hate driving in the city though. I usually drive to Hoboken and then take the path train in. If you get off on 14th street you will be 2 blocks from Mesa Grill. Its close to union square. There a some nice shops around there too and a good brewery that looks out on Union square.. I forget the name of it but its good for a drink or 2. You can't miss it if you walk around the square.

On a side note.. Now that your in Jersey if your wife likes Bobby Flays you should check out Bobbys Burger Palace in Eatontown. They have great burgers if your in the mood for a burger and shake.

We'll be in the WK so garages shouldn't be a problem.

paramaniac
09-24-2009, 04:22 PM

i have to agree with chris on this one, driving in NYC is the pits. parking in hoboken and taking the PATH train in is the best way to do it! any time i have gone to NYC thats the way i have done it

tkob1060
09-24-2009, 05:36 PM
i have to agree with chris on this one, driving in NYC is the pits. parking in hoboken and taking the PATH train in is the best way to do it! any time i have gone to NYC thats the way i have done it

No way driving in the city is awesome, I LOVE running the taxi cabs off the road :laughing: I havent done it with the JK yet though I was planning on it with my nephew next time I am up there :devil:

UGOTKERN
09-25-2009, 04:46 AM
There's also Bobby Flay's Steak at the Borgata in AC

http://www.bobbyflaysteak.com/

njjk08
09-25-2009, 05:23 AM
There's also Bobby Flay's Steak at the Borgata in AC

http://www.bobbyflaysteak.com/

True... I'll be there on Sunday.. mmmm:D

Renzo Fighter
09-25-2009, 11:58 AM
where is that burger place in eatontown chris?