CA Ammunition Bill (AB962) - RESTRICTS AMMO SALES!! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: CA Ammunition Bill (AB962) - RESTRICTS AMMO SALES!!

JeepThing
09-23-2009, 12:33 PM
AB 962 Restricts handgun ammunition sales in California. This bill has passed and Govenor Schwarzenegger has until Oct. 11 to sign or veto the bill. Call his office now -

Step 1: Call (916) 445-2841 (Govenor's Office)
Step 2: Press 1 for English
Step 3: Press 2 for commenting on a bill on the Governor’s desk
Step 4: Press 2 for AB962
Step 5: Press 2 for Oppose
Step 6: Repeat as necessary

On Friday, Sept. 11, the California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962, by a 44-31 vote.

Among other regulations, AB 962 would:

• Ban all mail-order and Internet sales of handgun ammunition.
• Prohibit the retail sale, the offer for sale or the display of handgun ammunition in a
manner that allows ammunition to be accessible to a purchaser without assistance of a
vendor or employee.
• Require that the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition occur in a
face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide
evidence of identity of the purchaser or other transferee.

That evidence of identity, which must be legibly recorded at the time of delivery, includes:

• The right thumbprint of the purchaser or transferee.
• The date of the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's driver's license or other identification number and the
state in which it was issued.
• The brand, type and amount of ammunition sold or otherwise transferred.
• The purchaser's or transferee's signature.
• The name of the salesperson who processed the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's full residential address and telephone number.
• The purchaser's or transferee's date of birth.

The bill is on the desk of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where it awaits his consideration. He will have until Oct. 11 to sign or veto the bill. If he does not veto the bill, it will become law.

If you wish to comment on AB 962, you may contact Gov. Schwarzenegger by phone at (916) 445-2841, or via fax at (916) 558-3160. To e-mail Gov. Schwarzenegger, visit http://gov.ca.gov/interact

give me vtec
09-23-2009, 12:54 PM
just another step...

I will make sure to call that # everyday until oct 11 to voice my opposition... thanks for the post.

turbomeister
09-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Thank you for this post. I will make sure to do my part in opposing this bill.

rob4607
09-25-2009, 11:03 PM
freaking crazy ass state. its bankrupt, ammo sales bring in tax revenue. if I were the governor I would just raise the taxes on it. not saying that it is a big improvement but at least the limit thing would be gone.

kinda loke the weed sales that they don't collect taxes on, wtf? yall are selling more weed than mcdonalds is selling bigmacs. lol! I guess stock up while you can.

give me vtec
09-25-2009, 11:06 PM
freaking crazy ass state. its bankrupt, ammo sales bring in tax revenue. if I were the governor I would just raise the taxes on it. not saying that it is a big improvement but at least the limit thing would be gone.

kinda loke the weed sales that they don't collect taxes on, wtf? yall are selling more weed than mcdonalds is selling bigmacs. lol! I guess stock up while you can.

yep... pretty much sums it up. :beer:

GOD bless Texas... got any room for one more over there??

guinness
09-26-2009, 05:42 AM
I made the call..a few times, gotta love the free weekends.:) Is there any limit on how many times one # can call the office?

cab76
09-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks for posting this - I am calling right now. The gun laws in this state are unbelievable :shaking:

Dancin Dan
09-29-2009, 06:49 PM

Dude, Cannabis Clubs pay sales tax. Saw it on 20/20 so it's gotta be true.

Any limitation on out of state area codes calling that number?

J. Kickerman
09-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Wait, Press 1 for English?
Line is busy now.