PSC JK Cylinder Assist Steering [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: PSC JK Cylinder Assist Steering

DirtyJeeper
03-22-2008, 12:57 AM
http://www.pscmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=733

extrication
03-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks for your post. I just returned from the Sequoia National Forest and we were talking about replacing our steering gear boxes. Mine is already leaking. Every trip off-road I'm reminded of the crap components that Jeep used to build the JK.
Has anyone used the PSC products? If so, please give us a little feedback!!!

DirtyJeeper
03-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I used to have a PSC setup on my Blazer. It took awhile to get the air out of the system, but once I did it was great. I had no problems with it. Also my buddy runs a PSC setup with 44 boggers and he loves it.

GOAT1
03-23-2008, 10:13 PM
A PSC ram assist is definately needed on a JK with larger than stock tires. The problems I have had with the JK steering system is the fluid get hot and the power steering quits working, the steering system does not have enought power and the long sector shaft in the steering box will twist then break. The PSC kit resolves all of these issure with adding a ram to increase the steering power and remove stress from the steering box, also adding more fluid to the system to reduce heat, I would add a cooler if you are installing this sytems. We are putting this system on our JK's shortly, we will do a full write-up we we get it done.

extrication
03-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks Goat1. I waiting for your write-up before I purchase. I agree the system is weak. During each trip the odor of cooking power steering fluid is present (even prior to the leak). I'm replacing the fluid today, I know it must be degraded. I've never run a cooler on the power steering. Does Poly sell one or can you point me in the right direction?

GOAT1
03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks Goat1. I waiting for your write-up before I purchase. I agree the system is weak. During each trip the odor of cooking power steering fluid is present (even prior to the leak). I'm replacing the fluid today, I know it must be degraded. I've never run a cooler on the power steering. Does Poly sell one or can you point me in the right direction?

We sell a lot of PSC, they have a few different coolers available, they tell me the extruded aluminum heat sink ones work well, they are not on our website yet, but we'll load them soon. They do not have one made specifically for a JK, I'll figure out what works well on ours and make any necessary bracket to help mounting it if needed.

extrication
03-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Outstanding. I'm in dire need.

ghostdancer308
04-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Just wanted to see if any follow up was done on this item. I am interested in purchasing this, but I keep seeing mixed reviews. Also, there is a trail and street model and an extreme duty version for the JK. Other than cylinder size, whats the major difference? Lastly, who has the best price? Thanks all.