Today's Lesson in Gun Safety [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Today's Lesson in Gun Safety

Alec W
09-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Read about this Dawin candidate on Pirate and thought you guys would find it as retarded as I did....

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=185501&catid=3

KSDK -- An Imperial man is dead after accidentally shooting himself in the head while teaching his girlfriend firearms safety.

Sheriff Glenn Boyer said that on Friday, deputies responded to 4307 Rock Valley Court in Imperial for a shooting. Investigators found 40-year-old James Looney with a gunshot wound to the head.

According to witnesses, Looney was demonstrating how to use the different safety mechanisms on several guns to his girlfriend. The witnesses said Looney would put the guns to his head, and before pulling the trigger, would ask her if she thought the gun would go off. With the first two guns, the safety mechanisms worked. The third gun fired.

Looney was transported to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead the next morning.

According to witnesses, Looney was going to take his girlfriend to the shooting range the next day, but insisted on the lesson on firearm safety the day before.

Deputies believe alcohol was involved.

NYJKGUY
09-22-2009, 08:28 AM
what a dumb ass :confused:

scottrock
09-22-2009, 08:29 AM
The level of stupidity that some people show is truly, truly, unbelievable.

That right there is what I call "Natural Selection at Work"

What a moron.

Alec W
09-22-2009, 08:30 AM
What a moron.
Looney ;)

STUPIDFACE
09-22-2009, 08:45 AM
To quote morgan (i guy that i work with), "Einsteins theory of evolution at work again....":laughing:

corey d

rob4607
09-22-2009, 09:30 AM
yeah, definitely Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest proved once again....

give me vtec
09-22-2009, 09:42 AM
I say the wife shot the guy and made up the story... nobody is that stupid. Are they??? :shaking:

Jared89
09-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Gun safety guess he never learned
1. Always treat gun as loaded
2. never point gun at any thing you dont want to destroy.:shaking:

TheBeatenPath
09-22-2009, 07:46 PM

read this then look at his avatar lol:D

ChasJK
09-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Captain Kriks gun control...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ed1a568472/gun-control-from-cuckler87

Jared89
09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
http://www.gun-pictures.com/wp-content/uploads/military-wallpaper-11-530x331.jpg
:laughing: That is my favorite background.

chromedome
09-22-2009, 09:31 PM
The story had 29 extra words. I removed them...

KSDK -- An Imperial man is dead after accidentally shooting himself in the head while teaching his girlfriend firearms safety.

Sheriff Glenn Boyer said that on Friday, deputies responded to 4307 Rock Valley Court in Imperial for a shooting. Investigators found 40-year-old James Looney with a gunshot wound to the head.

According to witnesses, Looney was demonstrating how to use the different safety mechanisms on several guns to his girlfriend. The witnesses said Looney would put the guns to his head, and before pulling the trigger, would ask her if she thought the gun would go off. With the first two guns, the safety mechanisms worked. The third gun fired.

Looney was transported to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead the next morning.

According to witnesses, Looney was.

officer_vince
09-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Well....your an idiot...lol....
There should be an intelligence test before purchasing a firearm...one of the questions being "Is it a good idea to ever point a loaded firearm at anyone you do not intend to harm?" (A) Yes (B) No (C) Maybe

STUPIDFACE
09-23-2009, 08:22 AM
There should be an intelligence test before purchasing a firearm...one of the questions being "Is it a good idea to ever point a loaded firearm at anyone you do not intend to harm?" (A) Yes (B) No (C) Maybe

Again, im with you ocifer....:D

corey d

VEGASSMAN
09-23-2009, 08:45 AM
To quote morgan (i guy that i work with), "Einsteins theory of evolution at work again....":laughing:

corey d
That's equally amusing!

STUPIDFACE
09-23-2009, 08:49 AM
That's equally amusing!

I would love to get a video of him saying some of the crap he comes up with. That would put most people on the ground.:D

corey d

give me vtec
09-23-2009, 09:43 AM

in california there is a 25 question test you have to pass to buy a handgun... the questions are pretty basic like this...

"if you shoot a gun inside can the bullet travel trough walls and still be deadly?"

lockednloaded
09-23-2009, 02:55 PM
This happened in the county next to me. I say "Lesson Learned."

guinness
09-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Well you know how I feel on this subject. Guns kill people,like this dumb son of a *****, people like this are what cause problems for all of us responsible gun owners and spur frivilous lawsuits against gun manufacturers. I hope this story dies quickly, like the evolution victim, Looney. Tragic avoidable accident,if he wasnt a total dumbass.

bodyguy
09-23-2009, 05:37 PM

3. Guns and alcohol, no worky