Change in Vent - HELP ME... [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Change in Vent - HELP ME...

HammerG26
03-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Let me start - I have a 2 year old...

NOW - I decided to let my son "drive Daddy's Jeep" while I washed it the other day... when I was done, I noticed I was missing some change (normally keep it in front of the gear shift. Today, as I am driving, I hear some "rattling" - my mind flashed back to two things:
1. The missing change
2. The fact that at the dealership, he "lost" a quarter down the AC vent...:eek:
:eek::confused:

Does anyone have ANY idea how to get the change out? :rolleyes:

Hammer

PS. It may be in the center console, but that appears easy to get to - just those two bolts on the side, right???

Ipe
03-18-2008, 09:09 AM
In the center console its easier than that. The rings surrounding the movable vents themselves will rotate and come off w/o tools. This should allow you to get into where your son stowed his change.

As for the outers... I haven't tried to take them off but I'm sure that the procedure is similar.

Good Luck ;)

venom
03-18-2008, 10:11 AM
yup, all the vents are half turn of the bezel and pull to remove.
Just watch when you put them back, they only fit one way, theres a 'top' and a 'bottom'
as far as if you can reach all the way to where the change may have ended up, I dunno, never tried.
Good Luck!

HammerG26
03-18-2008, 11:00 AM
OK - I removed the center vents, nothing in there (think the silly hill I live on may have contributed to gravity's affects)... found 3 coins on the floor mat - 3 left to find... I can hear them sometimes... man... this is nuts... SO WORRIED that I will have to remove the "black box"...
OH CRAP - just thought of this, any chance one of those rascals can get caught in my blower motor???:bawling:

robertwbrown
03-18-2008, 01:41 PM
maybe try a shopvac with small diameter hose ,just a thought

HammerG26
03-19-2008, 03:42 PM
OK - I got most of them out - I think I am only missing one... down side is, it is in the heater plenum (I think that is what it is called). I can hear it sliding around in the "box" on top of the tranny tunnel, behind the console...
How hard is it to get to part???
Do I stand a chance?

nam6869usmc
03-20-2008, 10:23 AM
OK - I got most of them out - I think I am only missing one... down side is, it is in the heater plenum (I think that is what it is called). I can hear it sliding around in the "box" on top of the tranny tunnel, behind the console...
How hard is it to get to part???
Do I stand a chance?

Hey Hammer,, just leave the coins in there, then add more everyday & you'll have this:....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/nam676869/bbjeep2_1986_14284379.gif

Alec W
03-20-2008, 05:15 PM
All my spare cash is already in the Jeep. This is my piggy bank now :bawling:

http://www.hummerxclub.com/forum/download/file.php?id=13618

Big A
03-20-2008, 05:52 PM
All my spare cash is already in the Jeep. This is my piggy bank now :bawling:

http://www.hummerxclub.com/forum/download/file.php?id=13618

Thats Awesome! :D